u RLFANS.COM - 8 games left. Terrible points diff. Bottom of league. WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 8 games left. Terrible points diff. Bottom of league.

Board index Super League Hull KR 8 games left. Terrible points diff. Bottom of league.

Posted by Old Timer No 4 on Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:10 pm
Old Timer No 4 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 48
Rep Position: 275th / 77,988

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:46 pm
Posts: 214
The title says it all. Any team that cannot put two wins together is favourite for the drop...that is us!!!
Didn,t go to Wigan, glad I didn,t, so cannot comment on individual performances, however we are now in serious trouble and relying on others to slip up and there is no guarantee of that. Our awful points diff means we are realistically three points behind Leeds and Huddersfield with games running out.
The simple fact is we have simply GOT to win most of our remaining games to stand a decent chance of survival.
Maybe sounds negative, but that is the fact of it. Hate to say it but I am losing faith in this team to do it.
Miserable old git that I am...maybe I,m wrong, but don,t think I am. :DEPRESSED:
Posted by Davetherobin on Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:51 pm
Davetherobin Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 23
Rep Position: 300th / 77,988

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:26 pm
Posts: 149
I’d say if we win 5 or 6 we will be safe if we beat London Leeds Huddersfield Wakefeild and Castleford or Catalan and then we have Salford away which is a winnable game ...
Posted by Spegsdrinkingbuddy on Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:30 pm
Spegsdrinkingbuddy Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 56
Rep Position: 267th / 77,988

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun May 26, 2019 11:27 am
Posts: 134
I may be in a minority here but I sort of hope we go down, now hear me out, my favourite year of watching rovers in the past 8 seasons was the 2017 champ year, yes some blow out victories but some competitive games, I don’t believe we are good enough and have not been for years now, if we stay up it will be more of the same next year, nailed on bottom 2 ,just fed up win 1 lose 5 sequence , feel for the club though as it has certainly tried hard on and off the field.We was probably the biggest losers of the trialled franchising experiment by investing in a multi million pound stand that we now have a mortgage on ,and youth development to earn a better license grade at the expense of better recruitment, I do apologise to the optimist support of which I believe we have too many of, we seem to accept failure too easy as a support base, just look at the attendance we achieve, I mean honestly do rovers fans travelling to saints,wire,Wigan expect a win, the history books will tell you we have something like 1 win in 10 years at all 3 clubs combined lol, anyway rant over and hopefully see some of you at a winning fixture next year.
Posted by Old Timer No 4 on Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:47 pm
Old Timer No 4 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 48
Rep Position: 275th / 77,988

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:46 pm
Posts: 214
I understand the viewpoint re. winning games in the lower league, but SL is where we must be. If we survive, and with two or three good signings in the right place and who actually perform as required we become competative and move away from the bottom four.
Seems like another excuse but we have had some stinking luck with key players missing for the majority of the last few seasons and have had too small a squad to cope. Lessons must be learnt.
This club can be top four and is big enough to do so,but needs the right signings at the right time and learn to have a killer instinct.
If we stay up and TS stays it,s a new start and we go again, but as supporters we need some belief in our team. It,s time it happened.
We had it before, we can have it again.
Posted by Davetherobin on Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:27 pm
Davetherobin Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 23
Rep Position: 300th / 77,988

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:26 pm
Posts: 149
Salford loss and Catalan loss could of should of won same with the Wigan at home loss if we had of won them 3 games we would be on 20 points and challenging .... so we are not that far off few more signings we will be up there and definitely don’t think Drinkwater is the answer for half back so probably be two new half’s for next season if we stay up add a few forwards and Quinlan fit we will be right I honestly think if we had Quinlan playing from start of season we would on won a lot more games he is probably ower best attacking option
Posted by Someday on Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:55 pm
Someday Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 234
Rep Position: 124th / 77,988

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:00 am
Posts: 727
Old Timer No 4 wrote:
I understand the viewpoint re. winning games in the lower league, but SL is where we must be. If we survive, and with two or three good signings in the right place and who actually perform as required we become competative and move away from the bottom four.
Seems like another excuse but we have had some stinking luck with key players missing for the majority of the last few seasons and have had too small a squad to cope. Lessons must be learnt.
This club can be top four and is big enough to do so,but needs the right signings at the right time and learn to have a killer instinct.
If we stay up and TS stays it,s a new start and we go again, but as supporters we need some belief in our team. It,s time it happened.
We had it before, we can have it again.

Cheer up we are not bottom now thanks to Warrington and next week London are at hull FC
Posted by Spegsdrinkingbuddy on Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:57 pm
Spegsdrinkingbuddy Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 56
Rep Position: 267th / 77,988

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun May 26, 2019 11:27 am
Posts: 134
Davetherobin wrote:
Salford loss and Catalan loss could of should of won same with the Wigan at home loss if we had of won them 3 games we would be on 20 points and challenging .... so we are not that far off few more signings we will be up there and definitely don’t think Drinkwater is the answer for half back so probably be two new half’s for next season if we stay up add a few forwards and Quinlan fit we will be right I honestly think if we had Quinlan playing from start of season we would on won a lot more games he is probably ower best attacking option



Trouble for me is every year it’s injury excuse for staying up or going down on the last game of the season, I think it’s deeper as a coach generally will not be sacked for that
Posted by Spegsdrinkingbuddy on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:03 pm
Spegsdrinkingbuddy Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 56
Rep Position: 267th / 77,988

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun May 26, 2019 11:27 am
Posts: 134
You know your bad when you drop a place in the league when you play but then climb the table when you don’t lol.
Posted by Mild Rover on Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:21 pm
Mild Rover User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 358
Rep Position: 74th / 77,988

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:49 am
Posts: 11334
Location: Leicestershire.
Spegsdrinkingbuddy wrote:
I may be in a minority here but I sort of hope we go down, now hear me out, my favourite year of watching rovers in the past 8 seasons was the 2017 champ year, yes some blow out victories but some competitive games, I don’t believe we are good enough and have not been for years now, if we stay up it will be more of the same next year, nailed on bottom 2 ,just fed up win 1 lose 5 sequence , feel for the club though as it has certainly tried hard on and off the field.We was probably the biggest losers of the trialled franchising experiment by investing in a multi million pound stand that we now have a mortgage on ,and youth development to earn a better license grade at the expense of better recruitment, I do apologise to the optimist support of which I believe we have too many of, we seem to accept failure too easy as a support base, just look at the attendance we achieve, I mean honestly do rovers fans travelling to saints,wire,Wigan expect a win, the history books will tell you we have something like 1 win in 10 years at all 3 clubs combined lol, anyway rant over and hopefully see some of you at a winning fixture next year.


I very much hope we stay up, but I know where you are coming from. I wasn’t far off in Sheens last days (and generally I was an admirer of his).

However, there does seem to be a concerted effort get us out of the rut. Tony Smith, John Bastian, buying the ground and so on. I’m concerned that we seem to be in for a lot of small-ish players again for 2020, and i’d like to think that if we survive, Smith would see the need for more power and influence our recruitment and S&C accordingly.
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.
Posted by Mild Rover on Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:51 pm
Mild Rover User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 358
Rep Position: 74th / 77,988

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:49 am
Posts: 11334
Location: Leicestershire.
Davetherobin wrote:
I’d say if we win 5 or 6 we will be safe if we beat London Leeds Huddersfield Wakefeild and Castleford or Catalan and then we have Salford away which is a winnable game ...


With only 8 left to play, you’d really hope 5 or 6 would be enough. :)

It’d be nice to put in a strong to the end of the season.

The next couple of fixtures will decide whether it is a 2-way, 3-way or 4-way struggle, I reckon.

We can drag Leeds and/or Hudds back into the mix and help ourselves - or it’ll be all about us and London.

Even if Salford and Wakefield both go into/remain in freefall, I can’t see both us and London winning three more than either, with only 8 to go. Mind you, Wakefield’s run in is tough and they have to visit Craven Park still.
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Seventies red, x43sflyer and 109 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Hull KR


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,010,3841,69877,9884,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 27th Feb 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
CASTLEFORD
Sun 8th Mar 15:00
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL KR
Sun 15th Mar 15:00
SL
HULL KR
v
TORONTO
Sun 22nd Mar 15:00
SL
HULL KR
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 27th Mar 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
HULL KR
Fri 10th Apr 12:30
SL
HULL KR
v
HULL FC
Fri 17th Apr 19:45
SL
SALFORD
v
HULL KR
Thu 23rd Apr 19:45
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
HULL KR
Thu 30th Apr 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 15th May 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL KR
Sun 24th May 17:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL KR
Sun 31st May 15:00
SL
HULL KR
v
ST.HELENS
Fri 12th Jun 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
SALFORD
Sat 20th Jun 18:30
SL
TORONTO
v
HULL KR
Sun 28th Jun 15:00
SL
HULL KR
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Thu 9th Jul 19:45
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
HULL KR
Sun 26th Jul 15:00
SL
HULL KR
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sun 2nd Aug 15:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL KR
Fri 7th Aug 19:45
SL
WARRINGTON
v
HULL KR
Sun 16th Aug 15:00
SL
HULL KR
v
TORONTO
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






59