FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

   WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Saints (A) next up - IAKOW
Saints (A) next up - IAKOW : Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:18 pm  
"Let's be havin ya' " as the prophet Delia Smith once said.

Occasionally I like a bet. I won big on the FC match this weekend.

Will FC get 60 points start when they play? Thankfully we get a week off and they don't.
Is that a good thing? At least Grix gets time to know the players more.

Worryingly we have Leeds after Saints, then Warrington. Oh, then London away.
We are in so much shoite it's hard to see us winning again all season. I don't see where we win next inc London.
This isn't a Smith out thread but looking at Saints and the next few games the team are in the real mire
and only a change of coach can change our fortunes in my opinion.

The fans who travel to Saints will be as famous as the Huyton gang in the late 1970s
Re: Saints (A) next up - IAKOW : Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:44 pm  
Tarquin Fuego wrote:
and only a change of coach can change our fortunes in my opinion.

With whom would you suggest we replace him and how long would you allow the new encumbent to change fortunes?
Re: Saints (A) next up - IAKOW : Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:59 pm  
EtonStreetRifle wrote:
With whom would you suggest we replace him and how long would you allow the new encumbent to change fortunes?


Yeh we all get that never mind the little issue of the sourcing of the money to pay him off, we all know too that its so much more than just the Coach but that's what a lot grab onto in such situations, its far wider than that its something that's been endemic in the club for at least 6 years its about ideology and most importantly the philosophy and intentions of the whole organisation.
Re: Saints (A) next up - IAKOW : Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:14 pm  
The Dentist Wilf wrote:
Yeh we all get that never mind the little issue of the sourcing of the money to pay him off, we all know too that its so much more than just the Coach but that's what a lot grab onto in such situations, its far wider than that its something that's been endemic in the club for at least 6 years its about ideology and most importantly the philosophy and intentions of the whole organisation.


As far as I underatand he's out of contract at the end of the season so the payoff gets lower by the week. Id like to see a disciplinarian come and give the squad a good boot, does Neil Warnock know anything about RL? :wink:

We do need someone to sort the 'culture' and that will take time, but laid back Tony isnt the man. Im increasingly convinved he only knows how to manage teams with money.
Re: Saints (A) next up - IAKOW : Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:39 am  
One thing is for sure. The state we're in St's away is no time for throwing too many youngsters in, it will destroy any confidence that they might be building. Select all fit, well paid players (it's not like we don't play people out of position anyway), give them a simple game plan to execute. While some go with more hope than others no team goes to St's EXPECTING to win but surely our top paid pros can go there and leave with a modicum of respectability....... oh, hang on!
Re: Saints (A) next up - IAKOW : Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:47 am  
UllFC wrote:
As far as I underatand he's out of contract at the end of the season so the payoff gets lower by the week. Id like to see a disciplinarian come and give the squad a good boot, does Neil Warnock know anything about RL? :wink:

We do need someone to sort the 'culture' and that will take time, but laid back Tony isnt the man. Im increasingly convinved he only knows how to manage teams with money.


A disciplinarian with a bit of guile, though, because I remember Len Casey coming in and destroying Gary Pearce, whose rugby brain was as good as most, so definitely need that but someone who also knows where and when to lay down the law.
Re: Saints (A) next up - IAKOW : Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:38 am  
GrahamBray wrote:
A disciplinarian with a bit of guile, though, because I remember Len Casey coming in and destroying Gary Pearce, whose rugby brain was as good as most, so definitely need that but someone who also knows where and when to lay down the law.



Shaun Wane 8)
Re: Saints (A) next up - IAKOW : Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:44 pm  
Sao and Brown banned.

No idea what the 17 will look like, anyone due back?

2 weeks to possible sort out a couple of loan players.
Re: Saints (A) next up - IAKOW : Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:53 pm  
Dave K. wrote:
Sao and Brown banned.

No idea what the 17 will look like, anyone due back?

2 weeks to possible sort out a couple of loan players.


Jack Walker is the only one i can think of that's due back, maybe Mitchy also.

With the rumours of Sam Royle last week, wouldn't be shocked if there was players brought in.
Re: Saints (A) next up - IAKOW : Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:56 pm  
There was a game a couple of seasons ago where Catalan fielded pretty much an all french team against Wigan with lots of youngsters in, they got battered, but now Catalan are top of the league and for 72 mins on Saturday had an all french spine. Maybe it's worth trying something like this for the invaluable experience it'll give the players and the long term benefits?
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Armavinit, bellyboy, bornagain, Dave K., Ellam, Hasbag, Hessle Roader, Hullrealist, K-Diddy, Marcus's Bicycle, Yippee try yay and 371 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC