FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Taufua signs
Taufua signs : Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:39 am  
Re: Taufua signs : Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:42 am  
Good signing but I’m not sure where this leaves Lewis Murphy.

Taufua is mainly a left winger. Murphy is a left winger. Unless we plan to move Taufua to the right but then we just signed Evans and have Lineham and Kershaw for another few years.

Thought we’d have been in for a centre unless we plan to play him there.

All that said he has a ton of NRL experience and I’m looking forward to seeing him play.
Re: Taufua signs : Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:46 am  
Trojan Horse wrote:
Good signing but I’m not sure where this leaves Lewis Murphy.

Taufua is mainly a left winger. Murphy is a left winger. Unless we plan to move Taufua to the right but then we just signed Evans and have Lineham and Kershaw for another few years.

Thought we’d have been in for a centre unless we plan to play him there.

All that said he has a ton of NRL experience and I’m looking forward to seeing him play.


think he'll play at centre tbh....
Re: Taufua signs : Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:49 am  
Trojan Horse wrote:
Good signing but I’m not sure where this leaves Lewis Murphy.

Taufua is mainly a left winger. Murphy is a left winger. Unless we plan to move Taufua to the right but then we just signed Evans and have Lineham and Kershaw for another few years.

Thought we’d have been in for a centre unless we plan to play him there.

All that said he has a ton of NRL experience and I’m looking forward to seeing him play.


Blimey you do worry about nothing at times. I think WP has made it more than clear that he rates Murphy. I also think it's pretty obvious where he's going to play Taufua, certainly this season.

Try and enjoy the moment :ROCKS:
Re: Taufua signs : Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:00 pm  
I’m no expert, but I think he will play centre. A replacement for the recent retirement.
Re: Taufua signs : Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:08 pm  
T his bloke seems to be just what we need to bolster confidence - oh and to tackle !
Re: Taufua signs : Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:12 pm  
Longestday wrote:
I’m no expert, but I think he will play centre. A replacement for the recent retirement.


But that recent retirement hasn't played centre for a long time.
Hall and Lyne in centre for me and let him play wing.

While Lyne is out....by all means put him in centre.
Re: Taufua signs : Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:13 pm  
He’s a very capable centre…
Re: Taufua signs : Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:17 pm  
vastman wrote:
Blimey you do worry about nothing at times. I think WP has made it more than clear that he rates Murphy. I also think it's pretty obvious where he's going to play Taufua, certainly this season.

Try and enjoy the moment :ROCKS:


Oh I’m happy with the signing. Not negative at all and one that could turn out to be an absolute belting signing for us.

I’m sure as some said he will play centre. If he hits the ground running Lyne may find it hard to get back in considering his poor form and seems that he’s lost another yard of pace. I like Lyne but he’s bulked up a lot this past couple of seasons.
Re: Taufua signs : Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:41 pm  
Trojan Horse wrote:
Oh I’m happy with the signing. Not negative at all and one that could turn out to be an absolute belting signing for us.

I’m sure as some said he will play centre. If he hits the ground running Lyne may find it hard to get back in considering his poor form and seems that he’s lost another yard of pace. I like Lyne but he’s bulked up a lot this past couple of seasons.

Lyne as had a bad seson.,lol Since he as been injured the attack and defence of our three-quarters as gone down hill big time
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Kingfisher, Wakeywakeywakey, Wildthing and 125 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity