WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Saints (episode 2) Thursday KO 19.45

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Saints (episode 2) Thursday KO 19.45

Saints (episode 2) Thursday KO 19.45 Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:30 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Difficult to know what to expect for the re-match.

After a magnificent effort from the boys last week, we take on Saints on Thursday.
Best hope it doesnt go to golden point or folk may need to look in through the pub window (assuming that the pubs are still open).
Still expect a Saints win but, it's important that Trinity back up their effort and intensity from last week
24 - 10 to Saints
Re: Saints (episode 2) Thursday KO 19.45 Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:19 am  
TheDreadnought Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

wrencat1873 wrote:
Difficult to know what to expect for the re-match.

After a magnificent effort from the boys last week, we take on Saints on Thursday.
Best hope it doesnt go to golden point or folk may need to look in through the pub window (assuming that the pubs are still open).
Still expect a Saints win but, it's important that Trinity back up their effort and intensity from last week
24 - 10 to Saints

I think Saints will be more comfortable in this one, hopefully we can bag a couple but my prediction is 36-10 with our tries coming early in the game.
Am ya papi
Re: Saints (episode 2) Thursday KO 19.45 Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:41 pm  

FSW wrote:
FSW Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

We could always surprise them with the shock tactic of passing to our wingers.
Re: Saints (episode 2) Thursday KO 19.45 Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:45 pm  
TheDreadnought Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

FSW wrote:
We could always surprise them with the shock tactic of passing to our wingers.

You aren't the fella crying on Facebook at the fact that we didn't pass to Johnstone are you?
Am ya papi
Re: Saints (episode 2) Thursday KO 19.45 Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:00 pm  

Fishermanscap Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

TheDreadnought wrote:
You aren't the fella crying on Facebook at the fact that we didn't pass to Johnstone are you?

But he's right we didn't.

Virtually every play went to the much weaker winger and I mean much weaker winger as did most of the kicks. After the first 20 mins, I had to ask if T was actually playing he was so uninvolved.

It's just a tragedy where that lad is concerned. He's no fool, he knows he'll never get as much ball at Trinity as he will at a top club but if there was one downer on last week and most weeks for that matter it's the STARVATION of Johnstone.

Try and cast your minds back to the last time that lad got a pass that put him into space? Space for TJ now appears to be the square inch between the sideline and the touchline. A few meters out is pure luxury, from his own half, forget it. There are trainers on the sideline who get to run further than Johnstone in a match.

If the Chester out brigade need to make their case it's hard to overlook this lads plight and yes I do blame the coaching for this one.
Re: Saints (episode 2) Thursday KO 19.45 Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:59 pm  

alegend wrote:
alegend Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Agree Fishermanscap not been used right at all
Re: Saints (episode 2) Thursday KO 19.45 Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:01 pm  

FSW wrote:
FSW Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

It's not the coaching. The players are trying to get it to TJ but basically just aren't good enough. When we do make moves flow they flow at an angle towards the touchline and squeeze out our most potent strike force. Making progress forward before spreading the ball creates more room out wide but that's one of our failings and nothing to do with coaching but comparative ability with most opposition.

We are smothered by opposition defences because they can gamble that they can respond more quickly in defence than we can ship the ball to the wing so to counter that we have to try long passed or kicks to space but these are the two areas where all of our halfbacks are particularly weak.

There's no reason why TJ can't come inside and follow the ball down the middle. It worked well for Offiah.
Re: Saints (episode 2) Thursday KO 19.45 Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:25 pm  

1315trinity wrote:
1315trinity Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

every try that Tom gets nowadays, he has to work wonders for.
I just wish they'd try something different to use his tremendous pace - we could even occasionally try kicking over the top into space for him, as we used to do for Andy Mason, another player with pace to burn.
Re: Saints (episode 2) Thursday KO 19.45 Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:23 pm  

User avatarSchunter wrote:
Schunter User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

1315trinity wrote:
every try that Tom gets nowadays, he has to work wonders for.
I just wish they'd try something different to use his tremendous pace - we could even occasionally try kicking over the top into space for him, as we used to do for Andy Mason, another player with pace to burn.

KICK IT TO WHITE!
'That is why no amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party.... So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin'
Re: Saints (episode 2) Thursday KO 19.45 Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:26 am  

User avatarMiro wrote:
Miro User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Fishermanscap wrote:
But he's right we didn't.

Virtually every play went to the much weaker winger and I mean much weaker winger as did most of the kicks. After the first 20 mins, I had to ask if T was actually playing he was so uninvolved.

It's just a tragedy where that lad is concerned. He's no fool, he knows he'll never get as much ball at Trinity as he will at a top club but if there was one downer on last week and most weeks for that matter it's the STARVATION of Johnstone.

Try and cast your minds back to the last time that lad got a pass that put him into space? Space for TJ now appears to be the square inch between the sideline and the touchline. A few meters out is pure luxury, from his own half, forget it. There are trainers on the sideline who get to run further than Johnstone in a match.

If the Chester out brigade need to make their case it's hard to overlook this lads plight and yes I do blame the coaching for this one.

I never want a top class player to leave Trinity but in Tom's case.......I do. For his sake as much as the pleasure I would get watching him fulfill his potential. How old is he, 25? That or a coach who will build a team to take full advantage of such a talent.
Next