WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Whose advice do you take?

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Whose advice do you take?

Whose advice do you take? Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:55 am  
Mick Amos 9 WTW Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:27 am
Posts: 547
Location: Wakefield
Firstly, I absolutely get the frustration with results and performances. They don't look pretty. Fans rightly have questioned this. (Not the grudge brigade, they'll always want misery). Genuine fans who are frustrated with where we are at, at the minute. I haven't really said anything about Chezzy as like Michael both shouldn't be untouchable as regards critisicm. They're not perfect and make mistakes.

Chris is a young coach whose done some good things and some bad things. We've had great success in respect of what we're used to. Top 5 finishes etc. He is learning and always needs to look at where he can improve like players need to.

The last 18 months has been rotten to us with injuries and COVID and at times soul destroying. As a coach it must be horrendous to work with. I've absolute empathy.

I've looked on social media at many, many different opinions and I wonder which one Chezzy should chose? Not digging the fans, it's just factual to say I've seen so much variation in team selection, how we should play, what we should do etc. Who is right?
"Last kick options are killing us and they're starting their sets on the 30", "Forwards aren't creating the platform", "Wrong half backs", "Wrong SR selection", "Wrong Captain", "Wrong structure", etc etc.

My post isn't saying Chezzy shouldn't have critics, it's just not as simple as we as fans make it out to be sometimes.

Anyway I hope we get back to normal soon, I felt that buzz again last night! Let's hope that continues.
Calm Waters don't make good sailors

If you help somebody as you go along then your life hasn't been in vain
Re: Whose advice do you take? Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:38 pm  

alegend wrote:
alegend Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:32 pm
Posts: 645
No buzz for me just expected them to lose
Re: Whose advice do you take? Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:12 pm  
MOPSEY LIVES ON User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:36 pm
Posts: 3527
Location: IN A FIELD LOOKING AT THE STARS
No buzz for me it’s just the normal these days, while people keep accepting mediocrity that’s exactly what we will get. 5 from 27 says it all
WAKEFIELD FANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED.WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT, DONT MATTER.

I AM THE SEEKER OF TRUTH AND
JUSTICE
Re: Whose advice do you take? Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:42 pm  

User avatarEgg Banjo wrote:
Egg Banjo User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:32 pm
Posts: 1113
I've nothing against him as a person, I'm sure he's lovely. But he used up the last drops of the good will he earned with the better seasons when he got within 10points of us being relegated last year.

Without that good will, he's now getting judged on his current performance, and that simply isn't good enough. We've gone backwards since nearly being relegated and Chester doesn't seem to have any answers for this.

We can't use covid as an excuse - it's affected every team.

We can't use injuries as an excuse - every team has them, both Wire and Hull had more players out than we did yesterday and both picked up wins.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
Re: Whose advice do you take? Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:13 pm  

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 10090
Egg Banjo wrote:
I've nothing against him as a person, I'm sure he's lovely. But he used up the last drops of the good will he earned with the better seasons when he got within 10points of us being relegated last year.

Without that good will, he's now getting judged on his current performance, and that simply isn't good enough. We've gone backwards since nearly being relegated and Chester doesn't seem to have any answers for this.

We can't use covid as an excuse - it's affected every team.

We can't use injuries as an excuse - every team has them, both Wire and Hull had more players out than we did yesterday and both picked up wins.



Wrong!

Regarding the amount of players out.
Last edited by Willzay on Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Profit over Lives - The Tory way
Re: Whose advice do you take? Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:15 pm  

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 10090
Call me naive, but yesterday’s effort gave me some hope that we are on the right track. Think that was Senior’s last game for us. Think the kid has done all right for us.
Profit over Lives - The Tory way
Re: Whose advice do you take? Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:22 pm  

User avatarFIL wrote:
FIL User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:17 pm
Posts: 2496
Location: Riding the Trinity rollercoaster !!
You're a naive, Willzay...sorry, couldn't resist :D :D

Think you could be right about Senior, so hopefully Tom might be in the 17 next week ??? :PRAY:
M.I.B. ??....nope - M.I.R.W.B !!!

Sent from my steam-powered Sinclair ZX81.
Re: Whose advice do you take? Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:34 pm  

User avatarThe Avenger wrote:
The Avenger User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:09 am
Posts: 4064
Mick Amos 9 WTW wrote:
Firstly, I absolutely get the frustration with results and performances. They don't look pretty. Fans rightly have questioned this. (Not the grudge brigade, they'll always want misery). Genuine fans who are frustrated with where we are at, at the minute. I haven't really said anything about Chezzy as like Michael both shouldn't be untouchable as regards critisicm. They're not perfect and make mistakes.

Chris is a young coach whose done some good things and some bad things. We've had great success in respect of what we're used to. Top 5 finishes etc. He is learning and always needs to look at where he can improve like players need to.

The last 18 months has been rotten to us with injuries and COVID and at times soul destroying. As a coach it must be horrendous to work with. I've absolute empathy.

I've looked on social media at many, many different opinions and I wonder which one Chezzy should chose? Not digging the fans, it's just factual to say I've seen so much variation in team selection, how we should play, what we should do etc. Who is right?
"Last kick options are killing us and they're starting their sets on the 30", "Forwards aren't creating the platform", "Wrong half backs", "Wrong SR selection", "Wrong Captain", "Wrong structure", etc etc.

My post isn't saying Chezzy shouldn't have critics, it's just not as simple as we as fans make it out to be sometimes.

Anyway I hope we get back to normal soon, I felt that buzz again last night! Let's hope that continues.


5 wins from 25 with embarrassing losses to nil, passionless, clueless performances, same structural problems for the last 5 years despite being able to work with the same core group of players during that time.

You can call fans who aren’t happy “ grudge fans” whatever that means or insinuate that anyone not seeing unicorns and rainbows in our performances aren’t “genuine fans” all you like. The fact is we’ve been rank bad awful for at least 2 years, maybe it’s the Brian Smith factor wearing off or maybe the John Kear influence dissipating but Chester’s obviously not good enough!

It’s not the Wrong forwards, wrong platform, wrong halfbacks, wrong selection that’s the issue it’s the fact we’ve got the Wrong Coach! He been trying now for about 8 years and like HKR before us we’re now suffering from the coaches inadequacy!
Re: Whose advice do you take? Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:39 pm  

User avatarThe Avenger wrote:
The Avenger User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:09 am
Posts: 4064
Willzay wrote:
[/u]

Wrong!

Regarding the amount of players out.


We had 5 players missing yesterday, I could argue it was 4, you might argue 6 but either way it’s not an excuse for the dross we’re getting served
Re: Whose advice do you take? Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:45 pm  

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 10090
The Avenger wrote:
We had 5 players missing yesterday, I could argue it was 4, you might argue 6 but either way it’s not an excuse for the dross we’re getting served


Walker, Johnstone, Miller, Brough, Fifita, Wood, Arona, Ashurst, Kirmond, Batchelor, Arundel, Gigot and Kay. Granted Brough and Kirmond are practically retired but we had quite a large number of absentees, be it injured, Covid related or not selected.
Profit over Lives - The Tory way
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: burtonsrlfc, Wakefield City and 96 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,085,19257178,2854,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!



X