WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Bateman
Bateman Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:23 am  
Edinburgh Warrior User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:58 am
Posts: 1088
Location: Don't need to count days off now . Retirement is a wonderful thing
Regards , EW
Re: Bateman Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:02 am  

User avatarhatty wrote:
hatty User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:00 pm
Posts: 3626
Location: wigan...where else!!
Nice to see Canberra getting a taste of their own medicine for a change.
1998,2010,2013,2016 & 2018.....I was there
Re: Bateman Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:59 am  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 24656
Location: WIGAN
Just watched Stuart moaning about Batemans agent causing this exit. Unlucky Ricky lad! It doesn’t just work that you can unsettle players from an overseas club all you want but nobody should dare suggest Canberra players should leave to get more money elsewhere.

In regards Bateman I’m 99% sure he’ll go to another NRL club. I don’t see why he would’ve got himself an Australian agent to then come home. I’ve seen bits of social media recently where he’s mentioned doing what he’s doing for his families future. I think that means maximising his earnings and that will be done down under. I think he may end up with Holbrook at Gold Coast. He knows how good he is from his time over here.
Re: Bateman Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:22 am  

JWarriors wrote:
JWarriors Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:16 pm
Posts: 787
If he goes to the Titans it shows he really is all about the money.
It would be career suicide to go there at this point.
Re: Bateman Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:58 am  

User avatarPieman wrote:
Pieman User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:34 pm
Posts: 3758
Location: Atherton
NickyKiss wrote:
Just watched Stuart moaning about Batemans agent causing this exit. Unlucky Ricky lad! It doesn’t just work that you can unsettle players from an overseas club all you want but nobody should dare suggest Canberra players should leave to get more money elsewhere.

In regards Bateman I’m 99% sure he’ll go to another NRL club. I don’t see why he would’ve got himself an Australian agent to then come home. I’ve seen bits of social media recently where he’s mentioned doing what he’s doing for his families future. I think that means maximising his earnings and that will be done down under. I think he may end up with Holbrook at Gold Coast. He knows how good he is from his time over here.


I dunno, if he comes here on marquee money it will probably be more than he is on in Aus at a new club and will be a cheaper way of life and close to his family, win win in my book. He is getting hammered by the Canberra fans now though
Re: Bateman Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:59 am  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 24656
Location: WIGAN
JWarriors wrote:
If he goes to the Titans it shows he really is all about the money.
It would be career suicide to go there at this point.


I think it is about money firstly but we know Bateman will give it absolutely everything wherever he turns up. The Titans are poor without doubt but they’ve got a fantastic coach, they’ve got the young forward coming in from Melbourne and as seen with the likes of Parra, things can turn pretty quickly on a couple of signings.
Re: Bateman Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:05 am  

CobraCraig wrote:
CobraCraig Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:11 pm
Posts: 1160
JWarriors wrote:
If he goes to the Titans it shows he really is all about the money.
It would be career suicide to go there at this point.


You might say career suicide but if he can get another £100k+ a year elsewhere it will make a massive difference to his and his families life. He’s already said in the past that the NRL move was money based and he would struggle being away from his child. If he’s only gonna stay another year or two he might as well try and make as much as he can and looking at the table this season you wouldn’t count on the team he joins being able to turn around their fortunes, just look at the panthers, eels and knights this season.
Re: Bateman Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:14 am  
Rogues Gallery User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:07 pm
Posts: 31560
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Bateman back at Wigan next year.
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row
Re: Bateman Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:23 am  

CobraCraig wrote:
CobraCraig Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:11 pm
Posts: 1160
Rogues Gallery wrote:
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Bateman back at Wigan next year.


Hardaker has commented on twitter saying we have dibs on him.
Re: Bateman Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:35 am  

User avatarNSW wrote:
NSW User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:12 pm
Posts: 2262
He’s coming back.

Interesting timing that we need a quick decision of our current marquee now Bateman has become available.

WARRIORS, BULLDOGS EYE OFF HASTINGS
Jackson Hastings has the next 24 hours to decide whether he will invoke a get-out clause and return to the NRL in 2021.
Wigan want to keep the halfback - who was on fire in Super League before COVID-19 -but will allow him to return home on compassionate grounds next season if he so desires.
Wigan need to know his plans ASAP, however so they can make contingency moves, and have told Hastings they would like an answer before June 30 in the UK.
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Azul, Cherry toffee, Chipoverthetop, Cruncher, Egg Chasing, Google Adsense [Bot], hatty, Itchy Arsenal, JIMMY MAGNETS, JonnyBroad, Jukesays, KingRoss11, Lazy J, LewCharnock, LondonRobster, lothlorian, MadDogg, Marcus Notsquare, MattyB, NickyKiss, RedWarrior32, Rogues Gallery, secondstanza, sergeant pepper, Suzy Banyon, The Whiffy Kipper, The Yellow Giraffe, Tricky Dicky, wiganermike and 205 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,103,3621,30678,3554,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X