FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Toby King CONFIRMED TO HUDDERSFIELD ON LOAN, WARDLE IN RETUR
Reading twitter and latest rumour is that Toby King is off to Huddersfield imminently with Jake Wardle coming in on a short term loan..
Re: Toby King : Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:44 am  
He's from Huddersfield, isn't he?
Re: Toby King : Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:00 am  
I would have thought the Wardle aspect was unlikely since he's there big up n comer but there was already rumours about him signing for wigan next year
Re: Toby King : Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:03 am  
Fantastic Mr Catpiss wrote:
I would have thought the Wardle aspect was unlikely since he's there big up n comer but there was already rumours about him signing for wigan next year


Wigan fans confident he is there next season, so wardle coming here would be just short term to free up money i guess.
Re: Toby King : Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:21 am  
I don't know how much credence to give this, but if there's any truth in it I will be furious.

It is easy to want to bin King off because his form has been bad, but with the right coaching and mentoring (which he would get from Watson) he will be running around Super League scoring and creating tries for the rest of this decade.

I know he us a Yorkshire lad but he has come through our youth system. We should be angry to see young players from our system playing Super League at other clubs - O'Brien, Livett, George King could all do a job in our current squad.
Re: Toby King : Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:32 am  
I just can’t see Wardle coming here.
King is on a big contact, and I really can’t see Huddersfield paying him that sort of money which could be used to keep Wardle. I would say this is all just silly rumours because King was dropped for one game.

I have no doubts King can come good if he’s prepared to work with Powell, but like all players he needs to accept that he’s been out of form and Powell is trying to plug the leaks in that left side.

I guess we’ll see what happens, but I call BS on this one.
Re: Toby King : Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:46 am  
easyWire wrote:
I just can’t see Wardle coming here.
King is on a big contact, and I really can’t see Huddersfield paying him that sort of money which could be used to keep Wardle. I would say this is all just silly rumours because King was dropped for one game.

I have no doubts King can come good if he’s prepared to work with Powell, but like all players he needs to accept that he’s been out of form and Powell is trying to plug the leaks in that left side.

I guess we’ll see what happens, but I call BS on this one.


Heard that there was an incident at Hartshead Services on M62 , at a scheduled stop there after the recent Wakefield away game.

King left the coach without permission and was seen to be picked up by a friend, showing that he had planned to do this in advance.
Re: Toby King : Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:08 am  
just_browny wrote:
I don't know how much credence to give this, but if there's any truth in it I will be furious.

It is easy to want to bin King off because his form has been bad, but with the right coaching and mentoring (which he would get from Watson) he will be running around Super League scoring and creating tries for the rest of this decade.

I know he us a Yorkshire lad but he has come through our youth system. We should be angry to see young players from our system playing Super League at other clubs - O'Brien, Livett, George King could all do a job in our current squad.

“ O'Brien, Livett, George King could all do a job in our current squad.”. Correct, at squad numbers 30,31 and 32. Absolutely bang average players.
Re: Toby King : Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:16 am  
They have signed Jake Bibby on a good contract for next season. They already have Luetele, Cudjoe and Wardle so i would assume Bibby has gone either to play wing or is going to be phasing Cudjoe out. Watson has fallen out with Wardle apparently with him coming here (Wigan allegedly) next season and now won't pick him even though he is an England starting centre so there is definitely something afoot whether that be Wigan or Wire. Only time will tell but i'd say the likelyhood they have signed King is slim to none.
Re: Toby King : Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:18 am  
just_browny wrote:
I don't know how much credence to give this, but if there's any truth in it I will be furious.

It is easy to want to bin King off because his form has been bad, but with the right coaching and mentoring (which he would get from Watson) he will be running around Super League scoring and creating tries for the rest of this decade.

I know he us a Yorkshire lad but he has come through our youth system. We should be angry to see young players from our system playing Super League at other clubs - O'Brien, Livett, George King could all do a job in our current squad.


Agree with most of this, especially about Toby king, he would be fantastic under Watson. George King would be better than 3 of our starting pack from the beginning of the season, livett I'm not sure about to be honest, GOB would be a useful squad player.

I don't think there will be too much truth in this rumour though personally.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Douglas Black, Irish Wire, Kevin Turvey, Smiffy27 and 181 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Warrington Wolves