RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - New coach
New coach Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:49 am  

User avatareddieH wrote:
eddieH User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:24 pm
Posts: 436
Location: Still in 1973 and not PC
Re: New coach Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:00 am  

CW8 wrote:
CW8 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:25 am
Posts: 2299
If that gets confirmed I'll be absolutely made up with that. I'll still be desperately unhappy this season every time we put in a poor performance, I still feel its a write off this year personally.
Re: New coach Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:06 am  

User avatarSmiffy27 wrote:
Smiffy27 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:40 am
Posts: 1430
Location: Appleton Thorn
Good news.
Re: New coach Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:15 am  
lefty goldblatt User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:25 pm
Posts: 7318
Location: South Stand.....bored
Shrugs shoulders in a massive feeling of underwhelmment.

I've not been as disappointed since Alex Murphy promised us a "top class coach", and we ended up with DVDV
Last edited by lefty goldblatt on Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neither glass half full or empty. Just a realist.
Re: New coach Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:25 am  

User avatarSmiffy27 wrote:
Smiffy27 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:40 am
Posts: 1430
Location: Appleton Thorn
lefty goldblatt wrote:
Shrugs shoulders in a massive feeling of underwhelmment.


Blimey how negative can you get ... and please do not answer that one.
Who was your choice?
Re: New coach Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:29 am  
lefty goldblatt User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:25 pm
Posts: 7318
Location: South Stand.....bored
Smiffy27 wrote:
Blimey how negative can you get ... and please do not answer that one.
Who was your choice?

How did I know you'd be the first....
Who was my choice....probably Wane (bar the reputation for thuggery and bland play), BUT, he's a WINNER. Almost seems like a dirty word in British sport.
Neither glass half full or empty. Just a realist.
Re: New coach Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:36 am  
nottinghamtiger Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:20 pm
Posts: 2802
Hope he goes well for you. He's been a massive part of improving Cas and leaves with the thanks of most of our supporters.
The massive question mark over him is winning big games. We've put in some abject performances in finals, semi-finals and play-off games.
Re: New coach Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:42 am  

rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:09 pm
Posts: 15050
He’s been finding talent and selling them to keep the club solvent, and competitive. That’s record speaks for itself.
Very happy that Wane and his thuggery wasn’t on our radar. Wane did say he hadn’t been in contact with Wire over the vacancy.
once a wire always a wire
Re: New coach Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:44 am  

CW8 wrote:
CW8 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:25 am
Posts: 2299
lefty goldblatt wrote:
How did I know you'd be the first....
Who was my choice....probably Wane (bar the reputation for thuggery and bland play), BUT, he's a WINNER. Almost seems like a dirty word in British sport.


Wane won with Wigan, doesn't mean he will win it with anyone else! Tony Smith won it with Leeds but that didn't bring us the trophy did it? If Powell had been at saints or Wigan over the last 10 years or so he would have won it before as well IMO but regardless previous experience of winning the superleague trophy is not essential and means absolutely nothing in terms of our future chances. Tony Smith got the Leeds job having never won superleague BTW, so Leeds aren't looking at trophy cabinets as cvs and it's working fine for them.

Powell is a great choice for us. The chances of us winning superleague are no less with Powell than they would be with Wane IMO. Main difference is that Powell is more likely to bring us a playing style that will make us want to get to the hj as often as we can. Motivate this group of players to enjoy their rugby, give them the freedom to play and we will have a team to be proud of and a great chance of winning trophies.
Re: New coach Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:17 am  
Airborne warrior Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:08 pm
Posts: 19
CW8 wrote:
Wane won with Wigan, doesn't mean he will win it with anyone else! Tony Smith won it with Leeds but that didn't bring us the trophy did it? If Powell had been at saints or Wigan over the last 10 years or so he would have won it before as well IMO but regardless previous experience of winning the superleague trophy is not essential and means absolutely nothing in terms of our future chances. Tony Smith got the Leeds job having never won superleague BTW, so Leeds aren't looking at trophy cabinets as cvs and it's working fine for them.

Powell is a great choice for us. The chances of us winning superleague are no less with Powell than they would be with Wane IMO. Main difference is that Powell is more likely to bring us a playing style that will make us want to get to the hj as often as we can. Motivate this group of players to enjoy their rugby, give them the freedom to play and we will have a team to be proud of and a great chance of winning trophies.

Your spot on with that Powell has turned a bunch of journey men players into a good team with a small budget I think it’s a great choice
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: rubber duckie, Uncle Rico and 56 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Warrington Wolves


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,142,00560578,5384,559LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
TODAY 05:00
NRL
ST.GEORGE
v
NZ WARRIORS
TODAY 07:05
NRL
NQL COWBOYS
v
CANTERBURY
TODAY 12:00
WSL
WIGANW
v
WIRE W
TODAY 12:00
WSL
CASTLEFORDW
v
FEATHERSTONEW
TODAY 12:45
 CH
SWINTON LIONS
v
FEATHERSTONE
TODAY 15:00
 CH
WHITEHAVEN
v
NEWCASTLE
TODAY 15:00
WSL
BRADFORDW
v
ST.HELENS WOMEN
TODAY 15:00
WSL
LEEDSW
v
YORKW
TODAY 15:00
SL
HULL FC
v
WARRINGTON
TODAY 17:15
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
HALIFAX
TODAY 19:30
 CH
YORK
v
SHEFFIELD
Sat 24th Apr 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
WARRINGTON
Sat 1st May 13:00
SL
WARRINGTON
v
HULL KR
Fri 7th May 18:00
CC2021
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
WARRINGTON
Mon 17th May 19:45
SL
WARRINGTON
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Thu 27th May 19:45
SL
SALFORD
v
WARRINGTON
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Sat 17th Apr
CH RND: 2 Toulouse24-0LondonB
NRL RND: 6 Manly36-0Gold Coast
NRL RND: 6 Souths18-14Wests
NRL RND: 6 Canberra10-35Parramatta
CH RND: 2 Batley48-10Oldham
CH RND: 2 Widnes14-22Dewsbury
SL RND: 3 Catalans42-6Salford
Fri 16th Apr
NRL RND: 6 Newcastle26-22Cronulla
NRL RND: 6 Melbourne20-4Sydney
SL RND: 3 Castleford52-16Leigh
SL RND: 3 St.Helens34-6Wakefield
SL RND: 3 Hull KR25-24Huddersfield
Thu 15th Apr
NRL RND: 6 Brisbane12-20Penrith
SL RND: 3 Leeds6-19Wigan
Sun 11th Apr
CC RND: 3 Swinton8-32Warrington
CC RND: 3 Leigh18-36Huddersfield
NRL RND: 5 Wests30-34NQL Cowboys
NRL RND: 5 Parramatta12-26St.George
Sat 10th Apr
CC RND: 3 Salford68-4Widnes
CC RND: 3 St.Helens26-18Leeds
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 10
 PLDFADIFFPNTSWP%
Penrith 6 160 38 122 12
Souths 6 161 74 87 10
Parramatta 6 151 90 61 10
Sydney 6 164 78 86 8
Melbourne 6 160 74 86 8
St.George 5 129 87 42 8
 
Gold Coast 6 124 115 9 6
Canberra 6 113 125 -12 6
Newcastle 6 127 142 -15 6
Cronulla 6 126 120 6 4
NZ Warriors 5 93 102 -9 4
Manly 6 83 168 -85 4
Brisbane 6 80 147 -67 2
Wests 6 108 178 -70 2
NQL Cowboys 5 70 171 -101 2
Canterbury 5 34 174 -140 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 10
 PLDFADIFFPNTSWP%
St.Helens 3 88 12 76 6 100
Castleford 3 91 38 53 6 100
Catalans 3 91 44 47 6 100
Wigan 3 73 30 43 6 100
Hull FC 2 57 14 43 4 100
Warrington 2 56 33 23 2 50
 
Leeds 3 44 59 -15 2 50
Hull KR 3 53 78 -25 2 50
Huddersfield 3 44 67 -23 0 0
Wakefield 3 34 96 -62 0 0
Leigh 3 46 116 -70 0 0
Salford 3 16 106 -90 0 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 10
 PLDFADIFFPNTSWP%
Toulouse 2 45 6 39 4 100
Dewsbury 2 39 22 17 4 100
Sheffield 1 50 12 38 2
Halifax 1 47 14 33 2
Batley 2 66 38 28 2 50
Featherstone 1 28 18 10 2
 
Oldham 2 38 68 -30 2 50
Newcastle 1 30 30 0 1
Widnes 2 44 52 -8 1 0
Swinton 1 20 28 -8 0
Whitehaven 1 8 17 -9 0
York 1 6 21 -15 0
Bradford 1 12 50 -38 0
LondonB 2 14 71 -57 0 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 10
 PLDFADIFFPNTSWP%
Doncaster 0 0 0 0 0
West Wales 0 0 0 0 0
Keighley 0 0 0 0 0
Coventry 0 0 0 0 0
Workington 0 0 0 0 0
Hunslet 0 0 0 0 0
 
Rochdale 0 0 0 0 0
Crusaders 0 0 0 0 0
Barrow 0 0 0 0 0
LondonS 0 0 0 0 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 10
 PLDFADIFFPNTSWP%
Hudds W 0 0 0 0 0
YorkW 0 0 0 0 0
BradfordW 0 0 0 0 0
WiganW 0 0 0 0 0
Wire W 0 0 0 0 0
St.HelensW 0 0 0 0 0
 
WakefieldW 0 0 0 0 0
LeedsW 0 0 0 0 0
CastlefordW 0 0 0 0 0
FeatherstoneW 0 0 0 0 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X