RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Offside inside the 10- play on
Offside inside the 10- play on Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:48 am  

User avatarwire-quin wrote:
wire-quin User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:38 pm
Posts: 6914
Location: Looking for a coach that can coach
SOO call

Player offside inside the 10 from a kick, no influence on the play- decision; play on. Passive offside I think they call it. Video ref let it go and allowed the try.

Great call
Mac out!
Re: Offside inside the 10- play on Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:55 am  

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 2835
Location: Watching Rugby League
wire-quin wrote:
SOO call

Player offside inside the 10 from a kick, no influence on the play- decision; play on. Passive offside I think they call it. Video ref let it go and allowed the try.

Great call


It's the rule AFAIK. You can be offside from the kick if you don't get involved, but we always seem to penalise it over here if you're within 10 of the defender even if you're just stratching yourself.
Re: Offside inside the 10- play on Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:59 am  

User avatarwire-quin wrote:
wire-quin User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:38 pm
Posts: 6914
Location: Looking for a coach that can coach
Egg Chasing wrote:
It's the rule AFAIK. You can be offside from the kick if you don't get involved, but we always seem to penalise it over here if you're within 10 of the defender even if you're just stratching yourself.


Exactly, how often do our Refs and VR call offside on someone not involved but in the 10- needs to stop
Mac out!
Re: Offside inside the 10- play on Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:01 pm  

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 2835
Location: Watching Rugby League
wire-quin wrote:
Exactly, how often do our Refs and VR call offside on someone not involved but in the 10- needs to stop


It's stupid, because if he picks it up clean and you let him run 10 before getting involved it's play on. I don't see what difference him dropping it makes.
Re: Offside inside the 10- play on Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:05 am  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 15042
wire-quin wrote:
SOO call

Player offside inside the 10 from a kick, no influence on the play- decision; play on. Passive offside I think they call it. Video ref let it go and allowed the try.

Great call

We have the exact same interpretation here.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: Offside inside the 10- play on Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:07 am  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 15042
Egg Chasing wrote:
It's stupid, because if he picks it up clean and you let him run 10 before getting involved it's play on. I don't see what difference him dropping it makes.

The idea is that the offside player being within 10 metres of the catcher may have put him under pressure, leading to the error.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: Offside inside the 10- play on Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:00 am  
Fantastic Mr Catpiss 100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2002 7:35 pm
Posts: 37528
i've seen them chalked off over here
Re: Offside inside the 10- play on Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:16 am  

Beverley red wrote:
Beverley red Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:56 pm
Posts: 2453
Good call, for once common sense applied.
Re: Offside inside the 10- play on Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:17 am  

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 2835
Location: Watching Rugby League
Grimmy wrote:
The idea is that the offside player being within 10 metres of the catcher may have put him under pressure, leading to the error.


I appreciate that, but I disagree especially with a contest in the air.
Re: Offside inside the 10- play on Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:50 am  
Fantastic Mr Catpiss 100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2002 7:35 pm
Posts: 37528
Egg Chasing wrote:
I appreciate that, but I disagree especially with a contest in the air.



you've also got a player a lot closer than he should be if the fb drops the ball, someone within the ten could scoop it up as you're still recovering, if they were further back it gives them a chance to get up.

Anyway, a catcher isn't going to know/pay attention to who has been called offside, they just know there's a presence there,
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: The Ghost of '99 and 68 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,167,00178278,6216,308LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
TODAY 05:00
NRL
NZ Warriors
v
Melbourne
TODAY 07:05
NRL
Parramatta
v
Wests
TODAY 11:30
 CH
Halifax
v
York
TODAY 14:30
 L1
Crusaders
v
Doncaster
TODAY 15:00
 CH
Dewsbury
v
Toulouse
TODAY 15:00
 CH
Swinton
v
Newcastle
TODAY 15:00
 CH
Whitehaven
v
Batley
TODAY 15:00
 CH
Widnes
v
LondonB
TODAY 15:00
 L1
Coventry
v
Workington
TODAY 15:00
 L1
Keighley
v
West Wales
TODAY 16:30
 CH
Featherstone
v
Bradford
TOMORROW 07:00
NRL
Canterbury
v
St.George
Wed 16th Jun 19:45
SL
Wakefield
v
Castleford
Thu 17th Jun 19:45
SL
St.Helens
v
Warrington
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Sat 12th Jun
SL
LIVE
Leigh30-36Catalans
NRL RND: 14 Gold Coast34-35Sydney
NRL RND: 14 Souths24-10Newcastle
NRL RND: 14 Canberra38-16Brisbane
CH
LIVE
Oldham28-32Sheffield
L1
LIVE
Barrow40-4Rochdale
L1
LIVE
LondonS10-62Hunslet
Fri 11th Jun
SL
LIVE
Hull KR40-4Salford
SL
LIVE
Warrington38-18Wakefield
NRL RND: 14 Manly50-18NQL Cowboys
NRL RND: 14 Cronulla19-18Penrith
Thu 10th Jun
SL RND: 9 Castleford12-30Hull FC
Wed 9th Jun
SOO RND: 1 Queensland6-50New South Wales
Sun 6th Jun
CH RND: 6 Bradford31-12Newcastle
CH RND: 6 Halifax46-12Sheffield
SL RND: 13 Wakefield30-20Leigh
NRL RND: 13 Newcastle4-40Parramatta
L1 RND: 5 Workington34-20Keighley
L1 RND: 5 Crusaders36-12Coventry
L1 RND: 5 Doncaster46-12LondonS
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 14
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Penrith 14 418 133 285 24
Melbourne 13 430 162 268 22
Parramatta 13 360 212 148 20
Souths 13 341 282 59 20
Sydney 13 379 223 156 18
Manly 13 315 282 33 14
 
St.George 13 293 284 9 12
NQL Cowboys 13 264 383 -119 12
NZ Warriors 12 265 305 -40 10
Cronulla 13 244 298 -54 10
Wests 13 280 334 -54 10
Gold Coast 14 318 380 -62 10
Canberra 13 257 321 -64 10
Newcastle 14 231 366 -135 10
Brisbane 14 232 436 -204 6
Canterbury 12 134 360 -226 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 9 268 142 126 16 188.73 88.89
St.Helens 8 206 70 136 14 294.29 87.50
Wigan 8 158 136 22 14 116.18 87.50
Warrington 9 302 157 145 13 192.36 72.22
Hull FC 9 179 143 36 11 125.17 61.11
Hull KR 9 223 204 19 10 109.31 55.56
 
Castleford 9 185 232 -47 8 79.74 44.44
Leeds 8 150 136 14 6 110.29 37.50
Huddersfield 8 150 162 -12 6 92.59 37.50
Wakefield 9 163 231 -68 4 70.56 22.22
Salford 9 106 289 -183 2 36.68 11.11
Leigh 9 134 322 -188 0 41.61 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 6 291 58 233 12 501.72 100
Featherstone 7 262 76 186 14 344.74 100
Bradford 8 228 172 56 14 132.56 87.50
Batley 7 204 140 64 10 145.71 71.43
LondonB 8 202 194 8 9 104.12 56.25
Halifax 8 241 129 112 8 186.82 50
 
York 8 213 150 63 8 142 50
Sheffield 9 211 249 -38 8 84.74 44.44
Widnes 8 204 239 -35 7 85.36 43.75
Dewsbury 7 103 171 -68 6 60.23 42.86
Whitehaven 8 140 254 -114 5 55.12 31.25
Oldham 9 134 330 -196 4 40.61 22.22
Newcastle 7 132 216 -84 3 61.11 21.43
Swinton 8 122 309 -187 0 39.48 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 5
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 5 211 62 149 10 340.32 100
Workington 5 180 94 86 8 191.49 80
Doncaster 5 182 126 56 8 144.44 80
Coventry 4 106 114 -8 4 92.98 50
Keighley 5 158 135 23 4 117.04 40
Rochdale 5 157 156 1 4 100.64 40
 
Crusaders 5 122 150 -28 4 81.33 40
Hunslet 5 84 137 -53 4 61.31 40
LondonS 4 104 150 -46 2 69.33 25
West Wales 5 70 250 -180 0 28 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 5
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
St.HelensW 3 230 6 224 6 3,833.33 100
LeedsW 3 214 22 192 6 972.73 100
WiganW 3 158 18 140 6 877.78 100
CastlefordW 3 104 24 80 6 433.33 100
YorkW 3 76 102 -26 2 74.51 33.33
Hudds W 3 38 178 -140 2 21.35 33.33
 
FeatherstoneW 4 74 164 -90 2 45.12 25
BradfordW 4 60 180 -120 2 33.33 25
Wire W 3 42 146 -104 0 28.77 0
WakefieldW 3 16 172 -156 0 9.30 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X