RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Broncos refuse to go to Toulouse
Broncos refuse to go to Toulouse Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:39 am  

Donnyman wrote:
Donnyman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:28 am
Posts: 2003
"London chairman David Hughes said: "The RFL made the decision that our club should travel to France on the basis of being full-time and that our competitors, who are playing for the same prize of promotion to Super League for the 2022 season, do not have to travel due to being part-time".

Big row over London refusing to go to TO. Other clubs in the Championship don't "have to" go. Looks very much like the RFL want to spend Hughes's money for him.

Wonder how far this row will go,,,,,
Re: Broncos refuse to go to Toulouse Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:04 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 15684
Donnyman wrote:
"London chairman David Hughes said: "The RFL made the decision that our club should travel to France on the basis of being full-time and that our competitors, who are playing for the same prize of promotion to Super League for the 2022 season, do not have to travel due to being part-time".

Big row over London refusing to go to TO. Other clubs in the Championship don't "have to" go. Looks very much like the RFL want to spend Hughes's money for him.

Wonder how far this row will go,,,,,


On what grounds are London refusing to travel ?
Cost, no level playing field, covid....

It's certainly a strange decision by the RFL, to say that FT squads "must" play but, "part time" squads dont have to.
I wonder if the same could apply for clubs not wanting to travel all the way to London for their games ??
Re: Broncos refuse to go to Toulouse Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:27 am  
Ornery Optimist Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:51 pm
Posts: 5071
Donnyman wrote:
"London chairman David Hughes said: "The RFL made the decision that our club should travel to France on the basis of being full-time and that our competitors, who are playing for the same prize of promotion to Super League for the 2022 season, do not have to travel due to being part-time".

Big row over London refusing to go to TO. Other clubs in the Championship don't "have to" go. Looks very much like the RFL want to spend Hughes's money for him.

Wonder how far this row will go,,,,,



It seems the French club have gone to the trouble and expense of supplying a private jet to keep the London party in their private bubble.
Another source of embarrassment when people suggest this government,in England,have not done a very good job surrounding Covid yet the French clubs travel to England at great cost to themselves.
London suggest it is not a level playing field when a full time side such as themselves need to go to France but part time sides don't.
Risible given their promotions and the recent outgoing,and incoming,clubs regarding The Championship.
What a great sport for being controversial on a regular basis...
No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.
Re: Broncos refuse to go to Toulouse Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:38 am  

Someday wrote:
Someday Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:00 am
Posts: 924
Ornery Optimist wrote:
It seems the French club have gone to the trouble and expense of supplying a private jet to keep the London party in their private bubble.
Another source of embarrassment when people suggest this government,in England,have not done a very good job surrounding Covid yet the French clubs travel to England at great cost to themselves.
London suggest it is not a level playing field when a full time side such as themselves need to go to France but part time sides don't.
Risible given their promotions and the recent outgoing,and incoming,clubs regarding The Championship.
What a great sport for being controversial on a regular basis...

I don’t know weather to feel sorry for London or tell them to stop morning and get on with it
Re: Broncos refuse to go to Toulouse Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:42 am  

User avataratomic wrote:
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 6305
Quite clear in the operational laws. Any L1/CH club budgeting or spending £750,000 is classed as full-time. Therefore they have different operational laws. The RFL seem to be following the operational laws. Now London will probable find themselves guilty of off field misconduct or bringing the game in to disrepute.
Image
Re: Broncos refuse to go to Toulouse Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:01 pm  

gardener wrote:
gardener Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:15 pm
Posts: 63
I think this is actually more to do with how secure the London squad feel going to France when France is extending their lockdowns as cases surge. Why should London travel to France even if the flight has been paid by Toulouse? It seems weird that major sports governing bodies like golfs European tour who have cancelled the French Open and the ITF have delayed the French Tennis open who are professional outfits and then the clowns at Red Hall seem fit to make a team travel to a country where cases are surging.
Re: Broncos refuse to go to Toulouse Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:25 pm  
Ornery Optimist Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:51 pm
Posts: 5071
gardener wrote:
I think this is actually more to do with how secure the London squad feel going to France when France is extending their lockdowns as cases surge. Why should London travel to France even if the flight has been paid by Toulouse? It seems weird that major sports governing bodies like golfs European tour who have cancelled the French Open and the ITF have delayed the French Tennis open who are professional outfits and then the clowns at Red Hall seem fit to make a team travel to a country where cases are surging.


The cases were surging in this country,under the putative nasty party yet Catalans never missed a game; unlike English teams.
About as brave as English GP's who fled their surgeries.
The statement from London Broncos doesn't mention player/staff welfare - just the even playing field.
No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.
Re: Broncos refuse to go to Toulouse Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:28 pm  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 15684
Toulouse have been awarded a 24 - 0 "walkover"
/www.runcornandwidnesworld.co.uk/sport/19219606.london-broncos-refuse-travel-toulouse-olympique/?ref=rss
Re: Broncos refuse to go to Toulouse Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:36 pm  

shinymcshine wrote:
shinymcshine Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:45 pm
Posts: 1871
Given France has gone into a third major lockdown, including nightime curfews and travel restrictions, I honestly don't blame anyone for not wanting to go there just to play sport.
Re: Broncos refuse to go to Toulouse Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:32 pm  

puroresu_boy wrote:
puroresu_boy Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:54 am
Posts: 554
Farcical. Having rules for different teams makes the competition nothing but a joke.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Marcus Notsquare, Mike1970, The Silent H and 116 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,150,4751,15878,5714,559LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
TODAY 09:00
NRL
PENRITH
v
CRONULLA
TODAY 10:55
NRL
PARRAMATTA EELS
v
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
TODAY 18:00
CC2021
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
WARRINGTON
TODAY 19:45
 CH
SHEFFIELD
v
BATLEY BULLDOGS
TODAY 20:15
CC2021
ST.HELENS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
TOMORROW 06:00
NRL
CANBERRA
v
NEWCASTLE
TOMORROW 08:30
NRL
WESTS TIGERS
v
GOLD COAST
TOMORROW 10:35
NRL
NQL COWBOYS
v
BRISBANE
TOMORROW 12:45
 CH
OLDHAM
v
WHITEHAVEN
TOMORROW 14:30
CC2021
HULL FC
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
TOMORROW 15:30
 L1
LONDON SKOLARS
v
CRUSADERS
TOMORROW 17:00
CC2021
CASTLEFORD
v
SALFORD
Sun 9th May 05:00
NRL
MANLY
v
NZ WARRIORS
Sun 9th May 07:05
NRL
ST.GEORGE
v
CANTERBURY
Sun 9th May 11:45
 CH
SWINTON LIONS
v
BRADFORD BULLS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Thu 6th May
NRL RND: 9 Souths0-50Melbourne
Sun 2nd May
CH RND: 4 Newcastle16-28Batley
CH RND: 4 Whitehaven22-30Bradford
CH RND: 4 Widnes46-10Swinton
CH RND: 4 Dewsbury20-30York
NRL RND: 8 NZ Warriors24-20NQL Cowboys
NRL RND: 8 St.George8-16Wests
WSL RND: 2 WiganW38-0BradfordW
WSL RND: 2 St.HelensW90-0Hudds W
WSL RND: 2 FeatherstoneW0-72LeedsW
WSL RND: 2 WakefieldW0-44CastlefordW
SL RND: 5 Huddersfield14-13Leeds
Sat 1st May
CH RND: 4 Oldham16-12Halifax
CH RND: 4 Sheffield20-20LondonB
NRL RND: 8 Penrith28-16Manly
NRL RND: 8 Canterbury10-32Parramatta
NRL RND: 8 Newcastle4-38Sydney
SL RND: 5 Warrington50-26Hull KR
Fri 30th Apr
NRL RND: 8 Melbourne40-14Cronulla
NRL RND: 8 Brisbane36-28Gold Coast
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPNTS
Penrith 8 212 60 152 16
Melbourne 9 292 108 184 14
Parramatta 8 229 106 123 14
Souths 9 235 174 61 14
Sydney 8 236 92 144 12
NZ Warriors 8 157 178 -21 8
 
St.George 8 161 157 4 8
Canberra 8 157 185 -28 6
Newcastle 8 137 204 -67 6
Gold Coast 8 182 191 -9 6
NQL Cowboys 8 146 237 -91 6
Manly 8 139 202 -63 6
Cronulla 8 152 178 -26 4
Brisbane 8 122 221 -99 4
Wests 8 130 226 -96 4
Canterbury 8 80 248 -168 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 6
 PLDFADIFFPNTSDIFFWP%
St.Helens 5 128 34 94 10 376.47 100.00
Wigan 5 111 56 55 10 198.21 100.00
Castleford 5 131 78 53 8 167.95 80.00
Catalans 5 137 86 51 8 159.30 80.00
Hull FC 5 105 58 47 7 181.03 70.00
Warrington 5 144 81 63 7 177.78 70.00
 
Hull KR 5 105 134 -29 4 78.36 40.00
Huddersfield 5 68 98 -30 2 69.39 20.00
Leeds 5 63 99 -36 2 63.64 20.00
Salford 5 68 142 -74 2 47.89 20.00
Wakefield 5 66 154 -88 0 42.86 0.00
Leigh 5 66 172 -106 0 38.37 0.00
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 5
 PLDFADIFFPNTSDIFFWP%
Featherstone 3 112 38 74 6 294.74 100.00
Toulouse 3 89 40 49 6 222.50 100.00
Batley 4 142 70 72 6 202.86 75.00
Bradford 4 104 112 -8 6 92.86 75.00
Sheffield 4 106 70 36 5 151.43 62.50
York 4 114 77 37 4 148.05 50.00
 
Dewsbury 4 73 87 -14 4 83.91 50.00
Oldham 4 78 120 -42 4 65.00 50.00
Widnes 4 106 110 -4 3 96.36 37.50
Newcastle 4 90 103 -13 3 87.38 37.50
LondonB 4 74 115 -41 3 64.35 37.50
Halifax 4 119 101 18 2 117.82 25.00
Whitehaven 4 73 115 -42 2 63.48 25.00
Swinton 4 52 174 -122 0 29.89 0.00
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPNTS
Doncaster 0 0 0 0 0
Keighley 0 0 0 0 0
Coventry 0 0 0 0 0
Workington 0 0 0 0 0
Hunslet 0 0 0 0 0
Crusaders 0 0 0 0 0
 
Rochdale 0 0 0 0 0
Barrow 0 0 0 0 0
LondonS 0 0 0 0 0
West Wales 0 0 0 0 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 3
 PLDFADIFFPNTS
St.HelensW 2 176 0 176 4
LeedsW 2 140 16 124 4
WiganW 2 90 8 82 4
CastlefordW 2 84 6 78 4
Hudds W 1 0 90 -90 0
WakefieldW 1 0 44 -44 0
 
FeatherstoneW 2 6 112 -106 0
Wire W 1 8 52 -44 0
YorkW 1 16 68 -52 0
BradfordW 2 0 124 -124 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X