WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Tonga v Great Britain - Saturday 26th October @ 8am

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Tonga v Great Britain - Saturday 26th October @ 8am

Posted by Wilde 3 on Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:50 am
Wilde 3 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 345
Rep Position: 66th / 77,892

Quiz Score: 496

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:14 am
Posts: 6708
Teams have been announced - not really happy with the GB line-up but nothing we can do about it now!

Will Hopoate v Lachlan Coote
David Fusitu'a v Jermaine McGillvary
Michael Jennings v Zak Hardaker
Kotoni Staggs v Oliver Gildart
Daniel Tupou v Ryan Hall
Tuimoala Lolohea v Gareth Widdop
Ata Hingano v Jackson Hastings
Andrew Fifita v Christopher Hill
Siliva Havili v Josh Hodgson
Siosiua Taukeiaho v Luke Thompson
Ben Murdoch-Masila v John Bateman
Manu Ma'u v Elliott Whitehead
Jason Taumalolo v James Graham

INTERCHANGE

Sione Katoa v Josh Jones
Addin Fonua-Blake v Thomas Burgess
John Asiata v Jonathon Lomax
Sitili Tupouniua v Alexander Walmsley
Posted by FearTheVee on Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:34 am
FearTheVee User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 134
Rep Position: 173rd / 77,892

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:57 pm
Posts: 10775
Location: Much too far South
Wilde 3 wrote:
Teams have been announced - not really happy with the GB line-up but nothing we can do about it now!

Will Hopoate v Lachlan Coote
David Fusitu'a v Jermaine McGillvary
Michael Jennings v Zak Hardaker
Kotoni Staggs v Oliver Gildart
Daniel Tupou v Ryan Hall
Tuimoala Lolohea v Gareth Widdop
Ata Hingano v Jackson Hastings
Andrew Fifita v Christopher Hill
Siliva Havili v Josh Hodgson
Siosiua Taukeiaho v Luke Thompson
Ben Murdoch-Masila v John Bateman
Manu Ma'u v Elliott Whitehead
Jason Taumalolo v James Graham

INTERCHANGE

Sione Katoa v Josh Jones
Addin Fonua-Blake v Thomas Burgess
John Asiata v Jonathon Lomax
Sitili Tupouniua v Alexander Walmsley


Probably as good a team as we could have picked from the squad. Pretty uninspiring stuff other than up front where we look strong.
Posted by Wilde 3 on Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:57 am
Wilde 3 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 345
Rep Position: 66th / 77,892

Quiz Score: 496

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:14 am
Posts: 6708
I would have had Lomax at 6, Widdop at 1 and Connor at 3
Posted by Nothus on Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:00 am
Nothus User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 362
Rep Position: 61st / 77,892

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:27 pm
Posts: 5488
Location: Bradford
I appreciate that Makinson had to withdraw due to injury, but how on earth are we going into these test matches with those two wingers? Neither of them deserve to be there.
Posted by Wilde 3 on Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:09 am
Wilde 3 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 345
Rep Position: 66th / 77,892

Quiz Score: 496

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:14 am
Posts: 6708
Nothus wrote:
I appreciate that Makinson had to withdraw due to injury, but how on earth are we going into these test matches with those two wingers? Neither of them deserve to be there.



Who would you have picked, with Makinson, Manfredi and Johnstone all injured. The fact you can call on 2 trusted, experienced wingers with good try scoring records for England as 4th and 5th choices isn't too bad.
Posted by Nothus on Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:24 am
Nothus User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 362
Rep Position: 61st / 77,892

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:27 pm
Posts: 5488
Location: Bradford
Wilde 3 wrote:
Who would you have picked, with Makinson, Manfredi and Johnstone all injured. The fact you can call on 2 trusted, experienced wingers with good try scoring records for England as 4th and 5th choices isn't too bad.


Marshall, Burgess, Grace. I'd also have looked into Naulago's heritage to see if he qualified. All wingers performing at the top of SL and all pose an attacking threat with pace. Hall looks like he should be in the 2nd row and JM demonstrated his complete lack of pace last weekend in the nines.
Posted by Wilde 3 on Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:27 am
Wilde 3 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 345
Rep Position: 66th / 77,892

Quiz Score: 496

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:14 am
Posts: 6708
Nothus wrote:
Marshall, Burgess, Grace. I'd also have looked into Naulago's heritage to see if he qualified. All wingers performing at the top of SL and all pose an attacking threat with pace. Hall looks like he should be in the 2nd row and JM demonstrated his complete lack of pace last weekend in the nines.



Pace is 'less' of an issue at Test Level. They will both provide far more go forward out of back field than Marshall and Burgess which is more important at this level and the way we currently pay under Bennett. I'll give you Grace though, very unlucky not to be included. Naulago, although he would qualify, would probably result in more arguing about non British players being picked
Posted by Saddened! on Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:52 am
Saddened! User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 146
Rep Position: 164th / 77,892

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:52 pm
Posts: 28031
Location: Warrington
Hall is just a mess and an embarrassment. He's about two stone overweight and clearly isn't working hard enough to get fit. He's finished and shouldn't even be in the squad. The Roosters will play him in the WCC no doubt, but then release him mid way through the season.
Posted by Biff Tannen on Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:56 pm
Biff Tannen User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 318
Rep Position: 77th / 77,892

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:32 pm
Posts: 6587
Location: Hill Valley
Saddened! wrote:
Hall is just a mess and an embarrassment. He's about two stone overweight and clearly isn't working hard enough to get fit. He's finished and shouldn't even be in the squad. The Roosters will play him in the WCC no doubt, but then release him mid way through the season.


He has never let England down and usually one of the top performers. You may well be right but lets see.

Bigger worry for me is still at centre. If only we could produce a few that could step up at this level instead we have to move a full back who is still not at his best in that particular role as a make shift.
What you looking at?....Butt Head!!
Posted by Lord Tony Smith on Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:27 pm
Lord Tony Smith User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 234
Rep Position: 110th / 77,892

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:14 pm
Posts: 8486
Location: Warrington
Wilde 3 wrote:
Who would you have picked, with Makinson, Manfredi and Johnstone all injured. The fact you can call on 2 trusted, experienced wingers with good try scoring records for England as 4th and 5th choices isn't too bad.

Charnley, Grace, Davis, Marshall, Burgess all far more deserving.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ALAW, Barbed Wire, bewildered, Bing [Bot], bramleyrhino, Captain Hook, childofthenorthern, Darwinsdad, Dropkick Murphy, FearTheVee, Freddie Miller., kobashi, LeedsLurch, Seth, wire-flyer and 215 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,978,7071,66377,8924,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 30th Jan 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 31st Jan 19:30
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
LEIGH
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
SALFORD
Sat 1st Feb 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sat 1st Feb 19:30
 CH
TOULOUSE
v
YORK
Sun 2nd Feb 14:30
SL
TORONTO
v
CASTLEFORD
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
SHEFFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





2