WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - London , thanks for the memories

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace London , thanks for the memories

London , thanks for the memories
Post Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:42 pm
Posted by Spegsdrinkingbuddy on Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:42 pm
Spegsdrinkingbuddy Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 40
Rep Position: 257th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Gallant effort dudes, that is that as they say, you should probably have gone a couple of weeks ago though as saints gave you 4 free points, a reason for losing at Wembley for them as I thought as a consequence were probably not match fit , anyway back on topic thanks for being one of the big surprises, as a rovers fan I remember shaking my friends hand and thinking there would be no chance that my club would go down after you got promotion as I thought Toronto would have a good tilt but it’s taken until today to know we are safe.
Re: London , thanks for the memories
Post Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:55 pm
Posted by rollin thunder on Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:55 pm
rollin thunder Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 551
Rep Position: 27th / 77,819

Battled hard, but the have not gone yet just means Leeds are safe, next week will decide it.
Would love them to build over next 2-3 years but unless we scrap P&R they will probably go down.
Strong argument for franchise system coming back.
Post Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:16 pm
Posted by Sandro II Terrorista on Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:16 pm
Sandro II Terrorista User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 35
Rep Position: 262nd / 77,819

Spegsdrinkingbuddy wrote:
Gallant effort dudes, that is that as they say, you should probably have gone a couple of weeks ago though as saints gave you 4 free points, a reason for losing at Wembley for them as I thought as a consequence were probably not match fit , anyway back on topic thanks for being one of the big surprises, as a rovers fan I remember shaking my friends hand and thinking there would be no chance that my club would go down after you got promotion as I thought Toronto would have a good tilt but it’s taken until today to know we are safe.

Jesus wept.

We flipping aren't, were you not at the Salford game?

If London go down it will be a travesty, but sport isn't fair, it's harsh.
Back in the day, Pamela Softcock was amazing, but she a'int no Goose.
Tundra Style.
Living The Lichen.
Post Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:19 pm
Posted by ChampagneSuperRovers on Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:19 pm
ChampagneSuperRovers Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 27
Rep Position: 270th / 77,819

You're a Rovers fan and you think it's all over now?! We haven't won back to back all year, and just 2 weeks ago it was all doom and gloom. As much as yesterday was significant as is today, and we SHOULD win next week, you cant write London off just yet. How complacent, especially considering 3 years ago we were 8 points up with less than 2 mins to go in a relegation decider.
Skysports.com wrote: 'There was still time for Murrell to knock over a drop-goal into the sea of delirious red and white behind the posts. The Black and Whites were already heading disconsolately home'.
Post Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:27 pm
Posted by Spegsdrinkingbuddy on Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:27 pm

ChampagneSuperRovers wrote:
You're a Rovers fan and you think it's all over now?! We haven't won back to back all year, and just 2 weeks ago it was all doom and gloom. As much as yesterday was significant as is today, and we SHOULD win next week, you cant write London off just yet. How complacent, especially considering 3 years ago we were 8 points up with less than 2 mins to go in a relegation decider.

Forgot to mention mate that along with being old I am also bi polar, lol
Life’s great today , all together “ staying up ..... staying up”
Post Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:29 pm
Posted by Spegsdrinkingbuddy on Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:29 pm

Sandro II Terrorista wrote:
Jesus wept.

Battled hard mate, however the 4 pts of saints academy irks me.
Post Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm
Posted by craig hkr on Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm
craig hkr Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 342
Rep Position: 63rd / 77,819

Sandro II Terrorista wrote:
Jesus wept.

My first thought also.. Anyone taking Fridays game as a given is deluded.
Still within Rovers to stuff it up.
Post Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:11 pm
Posted by Khlav Kalash on Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:11 pm
Khlav Kalash User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 283
Rep Position: 86th / 77,819

Still think they'll stay up. At whose cost I don't know yet.
1/10
Post Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:50 pm
Posted by Seventies red on Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:50 pm
Seventies red Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 18
Rep Position: 279th / 77,819

What a ridiculous and complacent remark. We most certainly are not safe. We are 2 points ahead of London and have to play them next Friday. Make no mistake, they'll be up for it as they'll probably see it as been in the last chance saloon. If they win, it would leave us equal on points with one game each to play. Us against an in form Salford and London up against a hit and miss Wakefield. If London beat us and then Wakefield, and we lose against Salford at the same time, London would then stay up and we would be relegated. Its still all to play for, in fact I would say next Friday is just as important if not more so than yesterdays game, especially given the fact that we haven't won back to back games for god knows how long. Next Friday is the big one, I just hope the players don't have your sense of complacency when they enter the field, otherwise they'll come unstuck.
Post Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:17 pm
Posted by Grimmy on Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:17 pm
Grimmy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 318
Rep Position: 74th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 248

There's four teams not safe yet, 22 points is the magic number. The game between the two of you next week is the most important game of the round
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Next