WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Richard Agar.
Richard Agar. Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:11 pm  

User avatarRHINO-MARK wrote:
RHINO-MARK User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Well ive questioned his appointment , questioned his ability ,selections basically everything.
Today i hold my hands up he now takes his place amongst messrs Murray & Mcdermott etc.
I still think we need more quality on & off the pitch but today is a great day Gale with the 7 shirt at a time our Legend no7 is in an awful place dropping the killer 1 pointer to a FB the Club didnt want winning the Lance Todd.
Take a bow Richard Agar, Sinfield & Hetherington opinions are like bums everyone has one right or wrong hopefully we grow from this get the young lads intergrated & sign more quality.
Well played & thank you.
FOR ROB 7.
I really am rhinoms and haven't stolen his Avatar!
Re: Richard Agar. Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:31 pm  

doc-rhino wrote:
doc-rhino Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

seems to have rebuilt spirit without being a demonstrative person like muzz and mclennan but interviews better than mcdermott and smith
Re: Richard Agar. Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:37 pm  

lionarmour87 wrote:
lionarmour87 Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

You can see hes got the respect of the players and it showed the opposite with Furner
Soon we will be dancing the Fandango

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB'S DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESS THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT IS.
JAMIE PEACOCK
Re: Richard Agar. Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:38 pm  

User avatarToosmooth wrote:
Toosmooth User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

It was a bit tight today. Better to be lucky than good. I think Cuthbo got the nod over Holroyd for experience, but there might also be an element of thanks for everything, this is your last big game. It might even be his last game due to injury.

Fair play to Agar for selecting Alex Sutcliffe though. We needed cover in the backs as it turned out. I expected Smith to take a bench spot.
PEOPLE BEFORE PROFIT!
Re: Richard Agar. Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:45 pm  

User avatarchristopher wrote:
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Agar seems to get stick from fans from every club, I’m glad he’s proved them wrong, would everyone be happy of they got judged on their performance in jobs from 10 years ago?

Agar is still a relatively young coach maybe he’s leaned from his mistakes in the past and as can happen in all jobs he’s found the right club and right group of players just like anyone can shine in their ‘normal’ jobs if they find the right place
Re: Richard Agar. Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:09 pm  

doc-rhino wrote:
doc-rhino Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

lionarmour87 wrote:
You can see hes got the respect of the players and it showed the opposite with Furner
did anyone ;in the know ' ever post what went wrong - was it clough like wanting to change too quick or roy keane like expecting everyone to be like him , though agar has had better signings come in topped off with gale
Re: Richard Agar. Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:10 pm  

User avatarBiff Tannen wrote:
Biff Tannen User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

he deserves credit for sure but lets not go over board. the semi final display was great in the conditions but Wigan were lacklustre on the day and Salford were surprise finalists to say the least and a team we would be expected to beat.

he has at least bought himself some time and earned another season in the job but still much to prove and if we are being honest the team still needs to make several more strides and evolutions before it becomes a top two/three team again, i still say Saints are clearly the team to beat and Wigan/Warrington/Catalans are also ahead of us. lets see how things unfold
What you looking at?....Butt Head!!
Re: Richard Agar. Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:24 pm  

User avatarThe Eagle wrote:
The Eagle User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Nottingham. 800 years ago outlaws stole from the rich. Little has changed here

On the face of it a good job, and Agar has done well to go from losing to Bradford to winning a major trophy.

The draw was kind on us to an extent, but we still had to beat Wigan and last season's grand final runners up.
Re: Richard Agar. Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:25 pm  

User avatarLes Norton wrote:
Les Norton User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Biff Tannen wrote:
he deserves credit for sure but lets not go over board. the semi final display was great in the conditions but Wigan were lacklustre on the day and Salford were surprise finalists to say the least and a team we would be expected to beat.

he has at least bought himself some time and earned another season in the job but still much to prove and if we are being honest the team still needs to make several more strides and evolutions before it becomes a top two/three team again, i still say Saints are clearly the team to beat and Wigan/Warrington/Catalans are also ahead of us. lets see how things unfold

Thing is, I sort of feel the same but I’m not convinced I can name a replacement who I can guarantee would do a better job.
Re: Richard Agar. Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:28 pm  

User avatarRHINO-MARK wrote:
RHINO-MARK User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Biff Tannen wrote:

Not going OTT just giving credit where it's due :thumb:
I really am rhinoms and haven't stolen his Avatar!
Next