WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Redskins & Chiefs
Redskins & Chiefs Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:50 pm  

Bobtownrhino wrote:
Bobtownrhino Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

With all this political correctness and the drive to being woke are We in danger of The Rhinos having to change their name because Rhinos are an endangered species

Just a thought :wink:

Stay woke,
Re: Redskins & Chiefs Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:54 pm  
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Eh?
Re: Redskins & Chiefs Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:03 pm  

Bobtownrhino wrote:
Bobtownrhino Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

It’s called irony
Re: Redskins & Chiefs Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:53 pm  
The Ghost of '99 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Bobtownrhino wrote:
It’s called irony

I think you need to look up the definition.
BTW - the very notion of "political correctness" seems to really upset some insecure people. So how about we agree on just not being dicks to fellow human beings.
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."
Re: Redskins & Chiefs Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:28 am  

lionarmour87 wrote:
lionarmour87 Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

When this "name " concept first came about I remember Halifax rejecting our of hand a certain name suggestion .
Soon we will be dancing the Fandango

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB'S DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESS THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT IS.
JAMIE PEACOCK
Re: Redskins & Chiefs Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:23 am  
rollin thunder Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Chiefs are not changing their name, Chief is not an insult, redskin is an insult derogatory term.

Anti PC = White gammons crying and being massive snowflakes because they can’t call people derogatory names anymore.
Re: Redskins & Chiefs Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:16 am  

User avatarchristopher wrote:
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Bobtownrhino wrote:
With all this political correctness and the drive to being woke are We in danger of The Rhinos having to change their name because Rhinos are an endangered species

Just a thought :wink:

Stay woke,

Deary me today
Re: Redskins & Chiefs Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:25 am  

User avatarSal Paradise wrote:
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Wokeness is out of control - it is impossible to have any kind of opinion with upsetting someone - especially the soft lefties. The trans lobby are by far the worst followed by BLM. Nobody treats black people worse than black people - nobody kills black people more than black people. To them black lives don't matter. The idea that a man with a penis puts a dress on and he is suddenly a woman is plain bonkers. It is a problem with the left they want to tell you what to think and what to say not because they are so fragile that this kind of talk upsets them.

The world is an aggressive place - once people accept that then we can all move forward. What happened in the past when standards were different shouldn't be a weapon to use today. The progress made for BAME and other minority groups has been significant in the past 20 years - look at the government 2 of the great offices of state have BAME running them the cabinet has 6 out of 24 BAME - the world has moved on.
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Re: Redskins & Chiefs Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:44 am  

Jack Burton wrote:
Jack Burton Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

I sometimes roll my eyes and cringe at some of the PC stuff, but then again, as someone who has never experienced racial or gender discrimination, who am I to tell a person of colour or any other minority group that it doesn't exist?
Who am I to tell a native American that the name Redskins isn't offensive?
I have to say, it seems the 'anti PC' brigade are the biggest snowflakes on issues like this. It's only a name change, yet it's another sign of the imminent end of western civilisation.
Last edited by Jack Burton on Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Redskins & Chiefs Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:44 am  

User avatarSal Paradise wrote:
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Jack Burton wrote:
I sometimes roll my eyes and cringe at some of the PC stuff, but then again, as someone who has never experienced racial or gender discrimination, who am I to tell a person of colour or any other minority group that it does exist?
Who am I to tell a native American that the name Redskins isn't offensive?
I have to say, it seems the 'anti PC' brigade are the biggest snowflakes on issues like this. It's only a name change, yet it's another sign of the imminent end of western civilisation.

I agree on that its just a name change - the world changes every day for the positive in terms of discrimination - shame it isn't recognised.
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Next