RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Batley on Sunday.
Batley on Sunday. Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:24 am  

User avatarHudd-Shay wrote:
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Member for 10 years
This will be our third meeting with the Bulldogs this season and the honours are even at one all. Our last league game of this wacky year gives us the chance to cement third spot and a home tie in the play-offs. Batley like ourselves have had a dip in form lately and I feel it really will come down to who wants it most on Sunday. It is hard to predict as we don't know who we have available to play but i'm quite confident that we will have enough to get the win needed. Another tough game coming and i'll go for Fax 25v12 Batley. Up The Fax! :thumb:
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: Batley on Sunday. Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:30 pm  

Ohmetoe wrote:
Ohmetoe Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Member for 1 year
Busy elsewhere and the billed matchday entertainment of an ice cream van didnt help lol . A tenner a ticket may have swung it.cant call the match as dont know the teams . 2 half backs back in and woody at fullback i I would fancy fax . It is a who wants it most and which coach can motivate their team .
Re: Batley on Sunday. Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:39 pm  

Uptonfax wrote:
Uptonfax Stevo's Armpit

Member for 5 years
Ohmetoe wrote:
Busy elsewhere and the billed matchday entertainment of an ice cream van didnt help lol . A tenner a ticket may have swung it.cant call the match as dont know the teams . 2 half backs back in and woody at fullback i I would fancy fax . It is a who wants it most and which coach can motivate their team .

You come up with something then to get the crowds in.
They are trying different things and all everyone does is criticise
Re: Batley on Sunday. Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:31 am  

User avatarHXSparky wrote:
HXSparky User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Member for 14 years
Ohmetoe wrote:

Family tickets are £27 for 2 adults and 3 children. If you don't have kids, you and partner/mate can still get a ticket for £13.50 each. Not quite a tenner, but it's a few ££ cheaper than normal prices.
Re: Batley on Sunday. Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:34 am  

User avatarFaxlore wrote:
Faxlore User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Member for 8 years
Uptonfax wrote:
You come up with something then to get the crowds in.
They are trying different things and all everyone does is criticise

:CLAP:
Re: Batley on Sunday. Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:23 am  

hooligan27 wrote:
hooligan27 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Member for 6 years
HXSparky wrote:
Family tickets are £27 for 2 adults and 3 children. If you don't have kids, you and partner/mate can still get a ticket for £13.50 each. Not quite a tenner, but it's a few ££ cheaper than normal prices.

Kids are free this week anyway so two adults at that price is a good deal i think..
Re: Batley on Sunday. Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:43 am  

Ohmetoe wrote:
Ohmetoe Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Member for 1 year
Thanks, yes probably the natural time in life has been reached for me to do other things so I can pass the baton on now to you guys to support rugby league. Good luck .
Re: Batley on Sunday. Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:45 am  
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Member for 17 years
Depending on results we can still finish 5th so there is still quite a bit on the line. Its highly unlikely that Batley beat us by enough for that to happen but you never know. Before Batley lost last week I would have had this as a Batley win but now Im not too sure, its two teams that have ran out of bodies and neither are in great form. A win should get us 3rd and the easiest tie against London but the funny thing is if Haven get 6th we would probably be better finishing 4th to avoid them as they are the form team at the moment outside the top 2.

Call me a cynic here as well but its unlikely any team gets past the top 2 so thats where the other teams seasons will end. Now as a player where would you rather have your season end? In France or at Fev? That may have a bearing on the results this week. Going on that basis it would not be a surprise to see defeats for both Fax and Bradford this weekend as both try and get 4th.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Re: Batley on Sunday. Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:09 am  

User avatarHudd-Shay wrote:
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Member for 10 years
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
Depending on results we can still finish 5th so there is still quite a bit on the line. Its highly unlikely that Batley beat us by enough for that to happen but you never know. Before Batley lost last week I would have had this as a Batley win but now Im not too sure, its two teams that have ran out of bodies and neither are in great form. A win should get us 3rd and the easiest tie against London but the funny thing is if Haven get 6th we would probably be better finishing 4th to avoid them as they are the form team at the moment outside the top 2.

Call me a cynic here as well but its unlikely any team gets past the top 2 so thats where the other teams seasons will end. Now as a player where would you rather have your season end? In France or at Fev? That may have a bearing on the results this week. Going on that basis it would not be a surprise to see defeats for both Fax and Bradford this weekend as both try and get 4th.

France or Fev? Now that's a very good and thought provoking point. :D
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: Batley on Sunday. Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:58 am  

bentleyman wrote:
bentleyman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Member for 13 years
Difficult one this i am Double Vaccinated happy to wear PPE and comply with Travel Regulations Lateral/PCR Tests and potentially self isolate on return etc.
On the other hand i might just go to Toulouse :?
Next