WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Are we mugs

Board index Qualifiers Eights Hull KR Are we mugs

Are we mugs
Post Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:54 pm
Posted by No7.David.Bishop on Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:54 pm
No7.David.Bishop User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:59 pm
Posts: 56
TS stated at the end of last season that we aint big enough. And what have we done about it??? NOTHING.
NH said this team is better then the one that got relegated. Now don't get me wrong I think Hudge has been awesome in what he has done for us but is he deluded??? I think that he knows that there is no relegation this season and that's why we have average SL players at best. Masoe is lazy (how many times did he carry the ball against Cats) and he is the only size prop we have. Besides Carney we have no wingers to boast about. Our centre's are also average but will have the odd decent game or 2. Our half backs and hooker (Lunt) aint miracle workers. Blair is drifting in and out the games more then he has done since he signed for us. We need a massive shake up and quick. Cos if there is relegation (think SL will expand to 14) then we will be going down yet again. And lets see if them same fans that did back us back the club again. Patients do run out quickly and I'm not just talking about mine.
Re: Are we mugs
Post Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:01 pm
Posted by SirStan on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:01 pm
SirStan User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,222

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:14 pm
Posts: 8699
Location: 2017 City of Culture
But apart from that we are ok.
Re: Are we mugs
Post Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:15 pm
Posted by Jake the Peg on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:15 pm
Jake the Peg User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,222

Quiz Score: 416

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:39 pm
Posts: 27619
At least you have Jamie peacock on board
Re: Are we mugs
Post Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:20 pm
Posted by StanTheMan6 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:20 pm
StanTheMan6 Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:13 pm
Posts: 47
I'm not quite as doom and gloom and some fans seem to be but I do think the original post is a fair challenge to the board. TS did state he would be looking to address size, power and strike. In the immediate aftermath of promotion NH said 4 or 5 quality players would be coming in. I believe these statements (albeit paraphrased slightly) set fans expectations which have not being lived up to and we really haven't been offered reasons why, hence frustration.

NH has often repeated the line about Masoe and Carney being signed late last year, yes they added quality but both were firmly already in place before his comments about 4 or 5 quality players coming in, as was McGuire, so I firmly believe at the time that statement was made about new players over and above those already contracted.

I'm sure there are a whole host of reasons why things are the way they are and I trust TS and NH implicitly as the club looks to be on the up longer term, however, I can't help but feel the club has under delivered vs expectations with a seemingly blase attitude toward doing so. Perhaps setting the expectation on the initial euphoria was the real mistake given contracts already promised to current squad and when the dust settled we didn't have as much flexibility as we thought.

Who knows at the end of the day but I fully expected us to in the middle 8 fight this season, so largely we are where we probably expected. I don't have any real fears about a championship club taking our place. Therefore I think what we do going into the next season with recruitment will say a lot about where we are heading.
Re: Are we mugs
Post Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:42 pm
Posted by Someday on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:42 pm
Someday Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,222

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:00 am
Posts: 326
StanTheMan6 wrote:
I'm not quite as doom and gloom and some fans seem to be but I do think the original post is a fair challenge to the board. TS did state he would be looking to address size, power and strike. In the immediate aftermath of promotion NH said 4 or 5 quality players would be coming in. I believe these statements (albeit paraphrased slightly) set fans expectations which have not being lived up to and we really haven't been offered reasons why, hence frustration.

NH has often repeated the line about Masoe and Carney being signed late last year, yes they added quality but both were firmly already in place before his comments about 4 or 5 quality players coming in, as was McGuire, so I firmly believe at the time that statement was made about new players over and above those already contracted.

I'm sure there are a whole host of reasons why things are the way they are and I trust TS and NH implicitly as the club looks to be on the up longer term, however, I can't help but feel the club has under delivered vs expectations with a seemingly blase attitude toward doing so. Perhaps setting the expectation on the initial euphoria was the real mistake given contracts already promised to current squad and when the dust settled we didn't have as much flexibility as we thought.

Who knows at the end of the day but I fully expected us to in the middle 8 fight this season, so largely we are where we probably expected. I don't have any real fears about a championship club taking our place. Therefore I think what we do going into the next season with recruitment will say a lot about where we are heading.

1 of the big problems is the rfl or the super league bosses not saying what will happen next season that would help maybe they think gates might drop if they say one way or another has people will know that they are safe or not
Re: Are we mugs
Post Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:59 pm
Posted by Mild Rover on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:59 pm
Mild Rover User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,222

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:49 am
Posts: 10491
Location: Leicestershire.
Someday wrote:
1 of the big problems is the rfl or the super league bosses not saying what will happen next season that would help maybe they think gates might drop if they say one way or another has people will know that they are safe or not


I think they’re not saying because the don’t know/can’t agree amongst themselves.
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.
Re: Are we mugs
Post Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:25 pm
Posted by fun time frankie on Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:25 pm
fun time frankie Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,222

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:48 pm
Posts: 6715
Location: east east hull
Could be worse we could be Leigh
einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result
Re: Are we mugs
Post Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:05 pm
Posted by craig hkr on Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:05 pm
craig hkr Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,222

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:00 pm
Posts: 1622
Walne Tickle Lee have been underwhelming signings. But VaiVai when/if he turns up and Donno and Johnson being fit gives us a bit more numbers wise but as has been stated before umpteen times our back row is/has been small since the Galea /Newton partnership.They weren't monster 2nd rowers but were quality.Thinking back to Mccarthy Larroyer Horne and now Clarkson Blair Greenwood Donno Kavanagh.We have had being polite a "mobile" pack and Lunt aside no real leader in the pack. The side we have now I don't question their heart but we've seen in Championship and v Wakey and Salford that big rugged packs can get over the top of us.Hudds on Thursday will be another big test and I fear a poor performance leaves us open to more negative media and again our own fans get more disgruntled. Get some wins behind us and all these worries ease
Re: Are we mugs
Post Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:32 pm
Posted by Jake the Peg on Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:32 pm
Jake the Peg User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,222

Quiz Score: 416

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:39 pm
Posts: 27619
hudge knows changes are afoot so I don't blame him for keeping his wallet in his pocket. Would you shell out £250k+ when it will make no difference whatsoever?
Re: Are we mugs
Post Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:57 am
Posted by Someday on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:57 am
Someday Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,222

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:00 am
Posts: 326
Jake the Peg wrote:
hudge knows changes are afoot so I don't blame him for keeping his wallet in his pocket. Would you shell out £250k+ when it will make no difference whatsoever?

Jake for once I hope you are right but I wish they would hurry up and tell people one way or another
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Old Timer No 4 and 53 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Hull KR


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,797,9581,62177,2224,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sun 30th Sep 15:00
 SL8s
HULL KR
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






59