PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Martin crompton leaves the panthers

Board index Amateur Rugby League Blackpool Martin crompton leaves the panthers

Post Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:39 pm
kevbanham Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Message given to me to relay to panthers fans from MC. I would just like to thank you for all your support while I've been coach of Blackpool. Unfortunately I've had to leave altogether due to false promises to me and my players. If Blackpool do set up again it is with my best wishes as they have been a special part of my life, could u please pass this message to all the supporters and thank th for playing their part in it. I hope u all enjoyed the journey as much as we have thanx again martin
Post Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:54 am
the_cow Stevo's Armpit

This doesn't look good. MC was the best thing to happen to the club, and without him on board I can only see the club going back to the bad old days.

Sadly I now fear the worst...and even if the club is resurrected, the quality of the players they will get at this late stage will be poor. Can the last one out please switch off the light...
Post Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:29 am
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Without doubt MC the most influencial and successful coach ever at the panthers. His efforts also off the pitch for the panthers was without doubt unseen by most. Not good to see his and the players loyalty been abused and hope they all find other clubs if the worse happens and the club is never reserected. Many thanks martin for all your afforts and kind words. Forever a panthers legend
Post Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:09 pm
Fylde Coast Warrior Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

A tremendous servant to the club, deserves huge recognition for our reversal of fortunes after the barren spell without a win we endured a few years back. Many thanks for all your efforts over the past 3 years and the best of luck for the future.
Post Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:49 pm
-VIKINGMAN- User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

He's a good lad is Crompo and its a shame this has happened, lets hope you can still field a team in Blackpool and move forward from this.
Love a brew.
Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:02 am
machine Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

TBA as Barow Raiders coach on Monday
Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:26 pm
leyther_geezer User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I really hope there is some form of revival for you guys it's a sad thing to see any rugby club go under. Best of wishes for the future to the players, the club & everyone involved incudling the supporters.

Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:37 pm
Marshy1 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I will not forget the hammering Blackpool gave Swinton at the Fylde last season.In the years I have watched rugby i have never seen a more committed and strong Blackpol team as that day,you murdered us. I will also remember the togetherness of your players that day when they came off the field and went staright to Martin Crompton,a great coach.I hope you can recapture those days and rise from the shambles your club has enede up in.I also hope you stay at Fylde RU it's a good little set up similar to Sedgley Park our former home.Yet again we are on the move this time to the Willows!!!!
A.Marshall
Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:45 pm
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Marshy1 wrote:
I will not forget the hammering Blackpool gave Swinton at the Fylde last season.In the years I have watched rugby i have never seen a more committed and strong Blackpol team as that day,you murdered us. I will also remember the togetherness of your players that day when they came off the field and went staright to Martin Crompton,a great coach.I hope you can recapture those days and rise from the shambles your club has enede up in.I also hope you stay at Fylde RU it's a good little set up similar to Sedgley Park our former home.Yet again we are on the move this time to the Willows!!!!

thanks for your kinds words and best of luck with the move to salford, no matter where you play you still have a club and id give my right arm to be in that position. Hope one day we can meet again in a rugby league fixture.