WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Wigan, the pies, on Sunday

Board index Super League Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk Wigan, the pies, on Sunday

Wigan, the pies, on Sunday
Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:29 am
Posted by Tarquin Fuego on Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:29 am
Tarquin Fuego User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 49
Rep Position: 80th / 77,493

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:23 am
Posts: 2510
Location: United Kingdom
Is it a good time or testing time to play them ?

Do they have new injuries ?

Are we up for this ?

Score predictor ?

Sorry I can't make it but I was at the last game at the old Wigan stadium around year 2000 ? I ran on the pitch at the end only to find I was the only one and had to hand off a steward before being wrestled to the ground by a 'yellow vest'.
I have lost interest
Re: Wigan, the pies, on Sunday
Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:47 am
Posted by KingRoss11 on Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:47 am
KingRoss11 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 17
Rep Position: 112th / 77,493

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 11:46 pm
Posts: 364
Location: Out and about in Wigan
Tarquin Fuego wrote:
Is it a good time or testing time to play them ?

Do they have new injuries ?

Are we up for this ?

Score predictor ?

Sorry I can't make it but I was at the last game at the old Wigan stadium around year 2000 ? I ran on the pitch at the end only to find I was the only one and had to hand off a steward before being wrestled to the ground by a 'yellow vest'.


Liam Farrell out for us with torn bicep. Jarrod Sammut should be playing which should improve our attack. Slight chance of Dom Manfredi playing
Re: Wigan, the pies, on Sunday
Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:07 am
Posted by Sebasteeno on Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:07 am
Sebasteeno User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 15
Rep Position: 114th / 77,493

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:57 pm
Posts: 5221
Location: Definately not in the Cuddle Crew
We need a total change in the pack. Drop Paea completely and play Fash, Nzoungou in for Taylor. If Kellys fit put him back in the halfs, Griffin to start in the Second Row and Conner back to centre. Lane dropped for Langtree too - problem is this kind of approach requires balls and Radfords seem to of dissapeared so no doubt we'll be playing poop like Paea and Thompson who have both been garbage
Re: Wigan, the pies, on Sunday
Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:00 am
Posted by the artist on Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:00 am
the artist User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 38
Rep Position: 91st / 77,493

Quiz Score: 84

Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:40 pm
Posts: 6405
Location: At the cider bus, Worthy Farm, Somerset
i went to the WCC on Sunday. Wigan looked a bit vunerable out wide, but their forwards stood up to the Roosters pretty well. Reckon it will be a long night if they batter us up front, especially without Taylor. I have real worries about Paea too because his work rate seems pretty non existant. Almost leaves us a man down in the 17.

Wigan 34 Us 10
The referee's indecision is final
Re: Wigan, the pies, on Sunday
Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:41 am
Posted by Chris71 on Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:41 am
Chris71 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 34
Rep Position: 95th / 77,493

Quiz Score: 304

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:46 am
Posts: 4473
Location: Never never land away with the fairies
Paea has shown nothing at all in the first two rounds and what is more disappointing is he showed little if anything in the reserves fixture which is very alarming. For me I would leave Paea out of the 19 man squad and give Jack Brown his spot for Wigan and give him the opportunity at SL level. He may not be quite ready for regular 1st rugby but think he's earn't a shot after his performance and efforts in pre season.
Really do feel if we want to improve we should cut Paea as he has offered nothing so far and that doesn't look like changing.

I would rather see a young lad trying and making mistakes than see an experienced pro just going through the motions.

With Taylor out I would go with Masi, Nzoungou, Fash & Brown for Wigan.
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!
Re: Wigan, the pies, on Sunday
Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:05 pm
Posted by Dave K. on Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:05 pm
Dave K. 100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 65
Rep Position: 66th / 77,493

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:48 am
Posts: 18966
Location: Back in Hull.
Chris71 wrote:
Paea has shown nothing at all in the first two rounds and what is more disappointing is he showed little if anything in the reserves fixture which is very alarming. For me I would leave Paea out of the 19 man squad and give Jack Brown his spot for Wigan and give him the opportunity at SL level. He may not be quite ready for regular 1st rugby but think he's earn't a shot after his performance and efforts in pre season.
Really do feel if we want to improve we should cut Paea as he has offered nothing so far and that doesn't look like changing.

I would rather see a young lad trying and making mistakes than see an experienced pro just going through the motions.

With Taylor out I would go with Masi, Nzoungou, Fash & Brown for Wigan.


That front row would get destroyed, I think we have to play Paea and give him one more chance, but make him start, I'd also be tempted to move Hadley to prop. Mini is very lucky to be keeping his place and seems to have escaped the flack Paea is getting, far oo many missed tackles in the first two games and not offering the forward impact he once did.

Hopefully Kelly is back and Griffin can move to the wing, need to shift the ball and get Connor, Kelly, Farimino and Shaul involved as much as possible as we have little chance in the forwards.

Shaul
Farimino
Carlos
Connor
Griffin
Kelly
Sneyd
Paea
Houghton
Masi
Mini
Manu
Westy

Hadley
Lane
Litten
Nzoungou
Re: Wigan, the pies, on Sunday
Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:22 pm
Posted by Chris71 on Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:22 pm
Chris71 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 34
Rep Position: 95th / 77,493

Quiz Score: 304

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:46 am
Posts: 4473
Location: Never never land away with the fairies
Dave K. wrote:
Chris71 wrote:
Paea has shown nothing at all in the first two rounds and what is more disappointing is he showed little if anything in the reserves fixture which is very alarming. For me I would leave Paea out of the 19 man squad and give Jack Brown his spot for Wigan and give him the opportunity at SL level. He may not be quite ready for regular 1st rugby but think he's earn't a shot after his performance and efforts in pre season.
Really do feel if we want to improve we should cut Paea as he has offered nothing so far and that doesn't look like changing.

I would rather see a young lad trying and making mistakes than see an experienced pro just going through the motions.

With Taylor out I would go with Masi, Nzoungou, Fash & Brown for Wigan.


That front row would get destroyed, I think we have to play Paea and give him one more chance, but make him start, I'd also be tempted to move Hadley to prop. Mini is very lucky to be keeping his place and seems to have escaped the flack Paea is getting, far oo many missed tackles in the first two games and not offering the forward impact he once did.

Hopefully Kelly is back and Griffin can move to the wing, need to shift the ball and get Connor, Kelly, Farimino and Shaul involved as much as possible as we have little chance in the forwards.

Shaul
Farimino
Carlos
Connor
Griffin
Kelly
Sneyd
Paea
Houghton
Masi
Mini
Manu
Westy

Hadley
Lane
Litten
Nzoungou


You really think or believe Paea will make any difference to the front row not being destroyed as you put? He has failed to show anything at all in the first two rounds and neither in a reserve game he should have been able to stand out in.

People have criticised Mini myself included but for me whilst Mini doesn't have the impact he once had at least he looks like he's putting effort in and can play for more than 10mins.

You really think a front row on Masi, Paea, Hadley, Nzoungou is going to go any better?

We won't win this game down the middle and the only hope is trying to get the ball out wide quickly and make the size advantage on the edges count.
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!
Re: Wigan, the pies, on Sunday
Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:39 pm
Posted by Dave K. on Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:39 pm
Dave K. 100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 65
Rep Position: 66th / 77,493

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:48 am
Posts: 18966
Location: Back in Hull.
[quote="Chris71"]You really think or believe Paea will make any difference to the front row not being destroyed as you put? He has failed to show anything at all in the first two rounds and neither in a reserve game he should have been able to stand out in.

People have criticised Mini myself included but for me whilst Mini doesn't have the impact he once had at least he looks like he's putting effort in and can play for more than 10mins.

You really think a front row on Masi, Paea, Hadley, Nzoungou is going to go any better?

We won't win this game down the middle and the only hope is trying to get the ball out wide quickly and make the size advantage on the edges count.[/quote

Paea has been poor, but it's only been 2 games, Brown is too raw and young for this game. We need to win a game, personally I'd ask Ellis to play prop, as the front row lacks a leader, May be Radford could challenge Para for this role.

It's great anyway you look at it and can only see a comfy defeat
Re: Wigan, the pies, on Sunday
Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:13 pm
Posted by giddyupoldfella on Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:13 pm
giddyupoldfella User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 116th / 77,493

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:44 pm
Posts: 570
Location: on route to old trafford via wembley
Sebasteeno wrote:
We need a total change in the pack. Drop Paea completely and play Fash, Nzoungou in for Taylor. If Kellys fit put him back in the halfs, Griffin to start in the Second Row and Conner back to centre. Lane dropped for Langtree too - problem is this kind of approach requires balls and Radfords seem to of dissapeared so no doubt we'll be playing poop like Paea and Thompson who have both been garbage
so we're without 3 of our 4 most experienced props, and you want to go and drop the 4th because he isn't playing like Arthur Beatson.

And you want to put an outside back into the pack, that is already weakened?

This approach doesn't require balls, it requires a lack of rugby and sporting know how.
Re: Wigan, the pies, on Sunday
Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:32 pm
Posted by Chris71 on Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:32 pm
Chris71 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 34
Rep Position: 95th / 77,493

Quiz Score: 304

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:46 am
Posts: 4473
Location: Never never land away with the fairies
Dave K. wrote:
Paea has been poor, but it's only been 2 games, Brown is too raw and young for this game. We need to win a game, personally I'd ask Ellis to play prop, as the front row lacks a leader, May be Radford could challenge Para for this role.

It's great anyway you look at it and can only see a comfy defeat


I don't disagree with you in regards the result as I think we are just far too light in the forwards and our only hope of getting anything from the game is to use the size we have on the edges against the likes of Gildart, Davies & Marshall etc and hope their pace doesn't cause us too many problems.

Nothing is going to change anytime soon due to the shocking situation in terms of limited front row options due to the poor recruitment and missing Taylor for 3 games.

We have gone from getting rid of the issue of having a team up to the cap full of average players, to a team that was balanced and had quality in the right areas back to having a team at full cap filled with too many average players.

We can dress it up as much as we like but we are no where near the same quality we were 18-24 months ago, Pritchard, Ellis, Fonau and Watts all gone and replaced with what??? Plus Manu and Mini a season too far to offer any real quality in the 2nd row anymore and Paea who doesn't even look like he could break wind let alone a tackle.

Its going to be a torrid season and not likely to improve much even if/when Bowden & Green get back as it will take time for them to get back to any real form.
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ashton Bears, HFC Boy, hs98, Mild mannered Janitor, mwindass, simon_tem and 91 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,862,0211,22977,4934,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sun 24th Mar 15:00
SLXXIV
LONDON BRONCOS
v
HULL FC
Fri 29th Mar 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
WARRINGTON
Sun 7th Apr 15:00
SLXXIV
SALFORD
v
HULL FC
Sat 13th Apr 17:00
SLXXIV
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HULL FC
Fri 19th Apr 13:00
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
HULL KR
Mon 22nd Apr 15:00
SLXXIV
ST. HELENS
v
HULL FC
Sun 28th Apr 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
WAKEFIELD
Sat 4th May 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Sat 18th May 15:00
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
HULL FC
Fri 7th Jun 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
SALFORD
Thu 13th Jun 19:45
SLXXIV
CASTLEFORD
v
HULL FC
Sat 22nd Jun 17:00
SLXXIV
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HULL FC
Thu 27th Jun 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
HULL FC
Fri 5th Jul 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
ST. HELENS
Thu 11th Jul 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 21st Jul 15:00
SLXXIV
LEEDS RHINOS
v
HULL FC
Sat 3rd Aug 17:00
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sun 11th Aug 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL FC
Sat 17th Aug 17:00
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
SALFORD
Fri 30th Aug 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
HUDDERSFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






34