WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Squad players
Squad players
Post Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:53 pm
Posted by HFC Boy on Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:53 pm
HFC Boy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 9:31 am
Posts: 3296
Location: North Hull
After a horrendous run of injuries, are we now finding that our squad players are not up to it?
I realise our luck is out this year, but let’s face it , some of these so called young players have been found out .
Some tough calls for Radford to make in the next few months.
HULL FC CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 2005
GRAND FINALISTS 2006
CHALLENGE CUP FINALISTS 2008
CHALLENGE CUP FINALISTS 2013
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 2016
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 2017

HKR THE PRIDE OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP
Re: Squad players
Post Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:57 pm
Posted by Wilde 3 on Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:57 pm
Wilde 3 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 496

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:14 am
Posts: 6280
Like who? People like Lane (definitely the last couple of weeks) and Masi have done well, even Miloudi did well and far more dangerous than Talanoa has been since his return. It's the seniors that IMO are letting us down
Re: Squad players
Post Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:04 pm
Posted by hull2524 on Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:04 pm
hull2524 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:39 pm
Posts: 5376
masi and lane will do ok imo, fash downs wont make it, like to see litten given a go this year, also harris will do ok,
once a black and white always a black and white COYH
Re: Squad players
Post Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:18 am
Posted by Hasbag on Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:18 am
Hasbag User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:52 pm
Posts: 2456
Location: Hull
hull2524 wrote:
masi and lane will do ok imo, fash downs wont make it, like to see litten given a go this year, also harris will do ok,

Honestly can't believe Litten hasn't been given any game time the last few weeks.
Re: Squad players
Post Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:32 am
Posted by fun time frankie on Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:32 am
fun time frankie Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:48 pm
Posts: 6794
Location: east east hull
I think some of you are hiding behind the injury situation and burying your heads in the sand your success was built on your pack of forwards since then you’ve lost Ellis and Watts and to a lesser extent Pritchard three massive players and you haven’t replaced them you’ve resigned Manu and Mini the latter to me is finished much as you’d expect from a guy who will be 37 next year and listening to Radford there doesn’t seem to be any big name signings on the horizon Houghton looks to be burnt out you can’t flog a hooker for 80 mins every week in this day and age especially all the tackling he does I’d expect more of the same next season still I’d rather be in your position than going through the middle 8s again
Re: Squad players
Post Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:45 am
Posted by HFC Boy on Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:45 am
HFC Boy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 9:31 am
Posts: 3296
Location: North Hull
fun time frankie wrote:
I think some of you are hiding behind the injury situation and burying your heads in the sand your success was built on your pack of forwards since then you’ve lost Ellis and Watts and to a lesser extent Pritchard three massive players and you haven’t replaced them you’ve resigned Manu and Mini the latter to me is finished much as you’d expect from a guy who will be 37 next year and listening to Radford there doesn’t seem to be any big name signings on the horizon Houghton looks to be burnt out you can’t flog a hooker for 80 mins every week in this day and age especially all the tackling he does I’d expect more of the same next season still I’d rather be in your position than going through the middle 8s again


I hate to say it , but , I agree .
Players have not been replaced. Too much faith has been shown in average home grown players. Radford has been let down.
Some of these Lads unfortunately will not make it at the top level.
HULL FC CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 2005
GRAND FINALISTS 2006
CHALLENGE CUP FINALISTS 2008
CHALLENGE CUP FINALISTS 2013
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 2016
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 2017

HKR THE PRIDE OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP
Re: Squad players
Post Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:18 am
Posted by Marcus's Bicycle on Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:18 am
Marcus's Bicycle Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:29 pm
Posts: 1056
I agree with most of it as well although there is no doubt we would have challenged top 4 without the injuries. I would have kept Mini but released Manu who has been very average this season and is missing to many games. The point you make about Houghton is valid as well.
Re: Squad players
Post Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:10 pm
Posted by bonaire on Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:10 pm
bonaire Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:39 pm
Posts: 2472
Marcus's Bicycle wrote:
I agree with most of it as well although there is no doubt we would have challenged top 4 without the injuries. I would have kept Mini but released Manu who has been very average this season and is missing to many games. The point you make about Houghton is valid as well.


If Widnes are relegated we should be in for Danny Walker and Hanbury to show Shaul how to play full back and pass a ball
Re: Squad players
Post Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:39 pm
Posted by fun time frankie on Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:39 pm
fun time frankie Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:48 pm
Posts: 6794
Location: east east hull
Your ex hooker at London Cunningham always plays well whenever I see him play whether he’s SL standard I don’t know
Re: Squad players
Post Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:42 pm
Posted by Marcus's Bicycle on Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:42 pm
Marcus's Bicycle Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:29 pm
Posts: 1056
Walker promising. Hanbury no chance. Cunningham, yes, very good player.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 64 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,821,06165277,3074,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Fri 1st Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
HULL FC
Thu 7th Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
CASTLEFORD
Sun 24th Feb 15:00
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL FC
Sun 3rd Mar 15:00
SLXXIV
HUDDERSFIELD
v
HULL FC
Fri 8th Mar 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Fri 15th Mar 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 24th Mar 15:00
SLXXIV
LONDON BRONCOS
v
HULL FC
Fri 29th Mar 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
WARRINGTON
Sun 7th Apr 15:00
SLXXIV
SALFORD
v
HULL FC
Sat 13th Apr 17:00
SLXXIV
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HULL FC
Fri 19th Apr 13:00
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
HULL KR
Mon 22nd Apr 15:00
SLXXIV
ST. HELENS
v
HULL FC
Sun 28th Apr 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
WAKEFIELD
Sat 4th May 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Sat 18th May 15:00
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
HULL FC
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






34