WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - As the record been broken?

Board index Super League Eights Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk As the record been broken?

As the record been broken?
Post Thu May 10, 2018 10:40 pm
Posted by MR FRISK on Thu May 10, 2018 10:40 pm
MR FRISK Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

A few stats from tonight game after watching a rerun with a stopwatch!

1. The game was supposed to start at 7.35pm but started at 7.40pm!
2 The minutes applause lasted 2 minutes!
3. The first half lasted for 50 minutes.
4. Why wasnt the Featherstone player not put on report or yellow or red carded for nearly killing the Hull player 5 minutes into the second half!
5. Where was the big screen at tonights game?
6. The second half lasted for 57 minutes
7. Why was a Hull player red carded just as the full time hooter sounded.
8. A tennis match was supposed to start on the sky channel coverage at 9.30pm but the game only finished at 9.43pm!
9. Why is Gareth Hock allowed to play modern rugby league without trying to punch players every player?
10. The official attendance was given as 2,344 but there seemed to be much more than that :READING:
Re: As the record been broken?
Post Fri May 11, 2018 5:19 am
Posted by ComeOnYouUll on Fri May 11, 2018 5:19 am
ComeOnYouUll User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,029

Quiz Score: 0

"Has".
Post Fri May 11, 2018 6:13 am
Posted by His Bobness on Fri May 11, 2018 6:13 am
His Bobness User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Regarding No. 4 it looked bad and maybe should have been a yellow card.

Watching it back it wasn't a high tackle there was no contact with the head and Shaul had his feet planted so the tackle wasn't in the air. That's why it was deemed to be only a penalty the referee actually said the only problem was timing and a penalty only, this was after advice from the video ref. Shaul was winded but quickly recovered it wasn't a dangerous tackle albeit it was ferocious.

The problem was contact was made before Shaul caught the ball. There was nothing wrong with the tackle itself had it been made a split second after the ball was caught it would have been perfectly legal. Probably should still have been a yellow card but wasn't as bad as it looked.

For me the incident that sent an already bad tempered game into meltdown was when Jake Connor feigned injury and refused to play on after Wheeldon's hand accidently brushed against his face. This was cynical gamesmanship which incensed the Fev players and after that it was a free for all. People say Connor likes to wind people up he certainly does and sometimes these are the results. It's time that an offence of simulation was introduced IMO.
I couldn't hear the robin sing if not for you.
Post Fri May 11, 2018 6:55 am
Posted by Jake the Peg on Fri May 11, 2018 6:55 am
Jake the Peg User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,029

Quiz Score: 416

His Bobness wrote:
Regarding No. 4 it looked bad and maybe should have been a yellow card.

Watching it back it wasn't a high tackle there was no contact with the head and Shaul had his feet planted so the tackle wasn't in the air. That's why it was deemed to be only a penalty the referee actually said the only problem was timing and a penalty only, this was after advice from the video ref. Shaul was winded but quickly recovered it wasn't a dangerous tackle albeit it was ferocious.

The problem was contact was made before Shaul caught the ball. There was nothing wrong with the tackle itself had it been made a split second after the ball was caught it would have been perfectly legal. Probably should still have been a yellow card but wasn't as bad as it looked.

For me the incident that sent an already bad tempered game into meltdown was when Jake Connor feigned injury and refused to play on after Wheeldon's hand accidently brushed against his face. This was cynical gamesmanship which incensed the Fev players and after that it was a free for all. People say Connor likes to wind people up he certainly does and sometimes these are the results. It's time that an offence of simulation was introduced IMO.

wheeldon swings an arm at connor's head a long time after the game had deteriorated into a headhunting competition. fev obviously came out from the half time break intent on knocking Hull off their stride through rough house tactics. I blame the coach personally.
Post Fri May 11, 2018 8:51 am
Posted by Chris28 on Fri May 11, 2018 8:51 am
Chris28 User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

His Bobness wrote:

You watched the Shaul incident back, so I'd suggest you watch this one back too.

Clear contact with the forearm to the back of the head = direct contact with the head and should have been a card. Regardless of Connor's behaviour after.
2005 Challenge Cup

To reconcile respect with practicality, what is the optimum speed for a hearse?
Post Fri May 11, 2018 9:23 am
Posted by Erik the not red on Fri May 11, 2018 9:23 am
Erik the not red Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,029

Quiz Score: 396

Was there a match clock at the ground? I didn't see one from where I was sitting. That plus no big screen for the video ref replays added to the rather bizarre experience of the second half.
Post Fri May 11, 2018 9:51 am
Posted by Chris71 on Fri May 11, 2018 9:51 am
Chris71 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Chris28 wrote:
You watched the Shaul incident back, so I'd suggest you watch this one back too.

Clear contact with the forearm to the back of the head = direct contact with the head and should have been a card. Regardless of Connor's behaviour after.

Exactly, whilst I can't argue with Faraimos card I have issue with the fact the Wheeldon went in on Connor with a swinging arm and made direct contact with the head.

So why is Wheeldon's a just a penalty if direct contact with the head is a red card? The RFL, Officials & clubs need to sort this out as the game is descending into chaos.

With regards to Talipapas attempted tackle on Shaul, after watching it back the fact Shaul had his arms up to catch the ball actually protected him otherwise contact with head would have been made. I would also say there was a level of intent to clean Shaul out by the player too.
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!
Post Fri May 11, 2018 10:29 am
Posted by simon_tem on Fri May 11, 2018 10:29 am
simon_tem Stevo's Armpit

Whilst not condoning what Connor's actions after, if Connor had been facing in the opposite direction, Wheeldon would have seen red for that tackle as it was similar to Faraimo's. Wheeldon was out of control.

Whilst it was an appalling night's TV, we have to grateful for small mercies; Stuart Cummings wasn't on the commentary team.
Post Fri May 11, 2018 12:10 pm
Posted by Chris.Taylor on Fri May 11, 2018 12:10 pm
Chris.Taylor Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Erik the not red wrote:
Was there a match clock at the ground? I didn't see one from where I was sitting. That plus no big screen for the video ref replays added to the rather bizarre experience of the second half.

FYI - Sky Sports broke the cabling to the scoreboard/clock.
Post Fri May 11, 2018 1:23 pm
Posted by easthullwesty on Fri May 11, 2018 1:23 pm
easthullwesty User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

People are getting binned and even sent off for tackling a prone player after they've released the ball, should be exactly the same rule for hitting a player before he's received it. Talupapa should have seen Red. How you can hit a player, who isn't looking at the traffic ahead of him, 2 seconds before the ball comes anywhere near him and only give away a penalty is beyond me. Regardless of whether he hits his head or not.
Next