WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The Attack
 

The Attack

Post Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:51 pm
Wilde 3 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:14 am
Posts: 5463
Simply not good enough to win us a trophy this year. No threat with the ball, we are so easy to read.

Re: The Attack

Post Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:59 pm
Jake the Peg User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:39 pm
Posts: 26114
Been the same for some time though. We look like a side who doesn't see the ball between games and the basic skills are very poor IMO. We have some great attacking players but our attacking structures and ball control are nowhere near good enough

Re: The Attack

Post Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:03 pm
pmarrow User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:39 am
Posts: 5466
Location: Hull

Apart from Castleford we are in the ball park for points scored this season, for me it's not the problem.

It's the errors and penalties which are doing us and nothing else. Its not unusual for us to defend 3 sets of six on our own tryline multiple times in a game, which I imagine would zap any energy in attack.

The desire is there and the effort so I don't see it as a crisis but I agree the league has probably gone now.
Twitter : @TheResidentPete

Re: The Attack

Post Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:17 pm
Sebasteeno User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:57 pm
Posts: 4919
Location: Definately not in the Cuddle Crew
Anything to do with Horne going?

Re: The Attack

Post Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:18 pm
Jake the Peg User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:39 pm
Posts: 26114
pmarrow wrote:
Apart from Castleford we are in the ball park for points scored this season, for me it's not the problem.

It's the errors and penalties which are doing us and nothing else. Its not unusual for us to defend 3 sets of six on our own tryline multiple times in a game, which I imagine would zap any energy in attack.

The desire is there and the effort so I don't see it as a crisis but I agree the league has probably gone now.



7th for tries scored so some way behind the best attacking sides in the league

Re: The Attack

Post Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:18 pm
HFC Boy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 9:31 am
Posts: 3149
Location: North Hull
What has really changed from last season?
Just not good enough at the moment!
Confidence seems low , discipline poor, retention terrible.
At a loss really !!
HULL FC CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 2005
GRAND FINALISTS 2006
CHALLENGE CUP FINALISTS 2008
CHALLENGE CUP FINALISTS 2013
CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 2016

HKR THE PRIDE OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP

Re: The Attack

Post Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:45 pm
weaver93 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:25 pm
Posts: 3441
Location: West Hull
30% completion 1st half
52% completion 2nd half..

Shocking....

If we carry on in this vein, players will be burnt out through needless
defence..

I see Sneyd is copping flak, Is he the only player dropping the ball?

Re: The Attack

Post Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:50 pm
hull2524 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:39 pm
Posts: 4689
it may be simple but we hold the ball we might start winning,
once a black and white always a black and white COYH

Re: The Attack

Post Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:31 pm
bonaire Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:39 pm
Posts: 1606
weaver93 wrote:
30% completion 1st half
52% completion 2nd half..

Shocking....

If we carry on in this vein, players will be burnt out through needless
defence..

I see Sneyd is copping flak, Is he the only player dropping the ball?


No but when he has ball in hand he is doing very little with it apart from a kick on the last tackle.
Should not have been brought straight back in when Kelly/Connor combo was playing well.
If Kelly is fit and Connor available i think Snyed will miss out next week.

Re: The Attack

Post Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:11 am
Armavinit User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 653
bonaire wrote:
No but when he has ball in hand he is doing very little with it apart from a kick on the last tackle.
Should not have been brought straight back in when Kelly/Connor combo was playing well.
If Kelly is fit and Connor available i think Snyed will miss out next week.

Sneyd will play if fit. Tried to poke his head through the line a few times last night, like the keyboard warriors told him to, last week, and got clobberd heavily once. They're just lulling everyone else into a false sense of security.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bellyboy, Bombed Out, Brid B&W, ComeOnYouUll, Greavsie, Jake the Peg, Large Paws, taxi4stevesmith, threepennystander, Wardy67 and 282 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk



POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD (DATE)YOUR TEAM
4,607,2132,07976,1224,491 (28-03-2016)SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
  Thu : 10:50
NRL
PENRITH
v
CANTERBURY  
  Fri : 09:00
NRL
NZ WARRIORS
v
CRONULLA  
  Fri : 10:50
NRL
PARRAMATTA
v
BRISBANE  
  Sat : 06:00
NRL
NEWCASTLE
v
ST GEORGE  
  Sat : 08:30
NRL
SOUTHS
v
CANBERRA  
  Sat : 10:30
NRL
SYDNEY
v
NQL COWBOYS  
  Sat : 14:30
CC2017
HULL FC
v
LEEDS  
  Sat : 15:00
CH1
SOUTH WALES
v
GLOUC  
  Sun : 05:00
NRL
MELBOURNE
v
MANLY  
  Sun : 07:00
NRL
GOLD COAST
v
WESTS  
  Sun : 14:00
CH1
HEMEL
v
OXFORD  
  Sun : 14:30
CC2017
WIGAN
v
SALFORD  
  Sun : 14:30
CH1
CELTIC
v
LONDON  
  Sun : 15:00
CH1
DONCASTER
v
KEIGHLEY  
  Sun : 15:00
CH1
YORK
v
TORONTO  
  Sun : 15:00
CH1
WHITEHAVEN
v
BARROW  
  Sun : 15:00
CH1
HUNSLET
v
COVENTY  
  Sun : 15:00
CH1
NEWCASTLE
v
WORKINGTON  
  Thu : 10:50
NRL
CANTERBURY
v
PARRAMATTA  
  Fri : 09:00
NRL
ST GEORGE
v
SOUTHS  
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM