WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Letter from the Trusts Lawyers to WMDC

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Letter from the Trusts Lawyers to WMDC

Letter from the Trusts Lawyers to WMDC
Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:13 am
Posted by Inflatable_Armadillo on Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:13 am
Inflatable_Armadillo User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 9:41 am
Posts: 4255
Location: Varies according to where I am!
The Trust's lawyers Walton & Co sent this letter to Wakefield MDC planning department yesterday. The Trust are delighted that Walton & Co have agreed to act for the Trust.

https://twitter.com/WakefieldTrust/status/1059741362583691264

Legal arguments can be complicated but at it very heart this is about morals, intent and promises made. Newcold did have to be separate stand alone application, because of it's height, it was taller than was allowed for under the outline application. It is our opinion, as you all know, that the fact they also did not want it to count towards the trigger point was not made clear to both the members and the public and in actual fact, we all thought it was until it was too late. However, this application for Kitwave DOES NOT need to be separate application, there is not any reasonable reason why this should not be submitted under the outline and count towards the trigger value.

The fact and choice that Yorkcourt, Henry Boot & Kitwave have made is clearly an attempt to circumvent and undermine the whole planning process and the only reason they are doing that is to avoid doing what they promised they were going to do, build a stadium. They have got what they want and now they are sticking two fingers up and the citizens of Wakefield and supporters of Trinity and laughing in their faces. Wakefield Council members, and most importantly the leadership (are you listening Mr Box?), need to stand up and say enough is enough. We will not let you make and then break promises and pockets £100's of millions of pounds at the expense of our citizens!
Change is inevitable
...except from a vending machine!


BillyRhino wrote:
So in best IA mode ..<.Possibley World Class, could be the greatest thing since sliced bread....am personally very excited, and confidently expect him to prove my predictions are bang on target.... Alternatively he could be rubbish>

IA mode off. :wink:
Re: Letter from the Trusts Lawyers to WMDC
Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:18 am
Posted by vastman on Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:18 am
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 81
Rep Position: 1st / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 28137
Location: Poodle Power!
Inflatable_Armadillo wrote:
The Trust's lawyers Walton & Co sent this letter to Wakefield MDC planning department yesterday. The Trust are delighted that Walton & Co have agreed to act for the Trust.

https://twitter.com/WakefieldTrust/status/1059741362583691264

Legal arguments can be complicated but at it very heart this is about morals, intent and promises made. Newcold did have to be separate stand alone application, because of it's height, it was taller than was allowed for under the outline application. It is our opinion, as you all know, that the fact they also did not want it to count towards the trigger point was not made clear to both the members and the public and in actual fact, we all thought it was until it was too late. However, this application for Kitwave DOES NOT need to be separate application, there is not any reasonable reason why this should not be submitted under the outline and count towards the trigger value.

The fact and choice that Yorkcourt, Henry Boot & Kitwave have made is clearly an attempt to circumvent and undermine the whole planning process and the only reason they are doing that is to avoid doing what they promised they were going to do, build a stadium. They have got what they want and now they are sticking two fingers up and the citizens of Wakefield and supporters of Trinity and laughing in their faces. Wakefield Council members, and most importantly the leadership (are you listening Mr Box?), need to stand up and say enough is enough. We will not let you make and then break promises and pockets £100's of millions of pounds at the expense of our citizens!


Gloves are off, good - when do you need some money? :D
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Letter from the Trusts Lawyers to WMDC
Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:33 am
Posted by FIL on Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:33 am
FIL User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 25th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:17 pm
Posts: 1882
Location: A Minion on the Trinity rollercoaster !!
I'm not on Twitter and can't work out how to make the letter big enough to read.
Can you post another link, IA ??
M.I.B. ??....nope - M.I.R.W.B !!!

Sent from my steam-powered Sinclair ZX81.
Re: Letter from the Trusts Lawyers to WMDC
Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:48 am
Posted by Inflatable_Armadillo on Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:48 am
Inflatable_Armadillo User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 9:41 am
Posts: 4255
Location: Varies according to where I am!
FIL wrote:
I'm not on Twitter and can't work out how to make the letter big enough to read.
Can you post another link, IA ??


Try this direct link to the PDF file FIL

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bmViABY_VQkzPStKRLzLgEXGr6eCYTXg
Change is inevitable
...except from a vending machine!


BillyRhino wrote:
So in best IA mode ..<.Possibley World Class, could be the greatest thing since sliced bread....am personally very excited, and confidently expect him to prove my predictions are bang on target.... Alternatively he could be rubbish>

IA mode off. :wink:
Re: Letter from the Trusts Lawyers to WMDC
Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:50 am
Posted by FIL on Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:50 am
FIL User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 25th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:17 pm
Posts: 1882
Location: A Minion on the Trinity rollercoaster !!
Spot on...cheers IA :thumb:
M.I.B. ??....nope - M.I.R.W.B !!!

Sent from my steam-powered Sinclair ZX81.
Re: Letter from the Trusts Lawyers to WMDC
Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:54 am
Posted by wakeytrin on Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:54 am
wakeytrin Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:36 pm
Posts: 3215
Location: The sunny side of Wakey
Excellent news. Glad the fight has started in ernest.
Continue to support the new stadium at Newmarket Lane.
You know it makes sense.
Wakefields roller coaster ride continues.
Re: Letter from the Trusts Lawyers to WMDC
Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:56 am
Posted by cosmicat on Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:56 am
cosmicat Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:09 pm
Posts: 703
Brilliant thanks iA
Re: Letter from the Trusts Lawyers to WMDC
Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:57 am
Posted by wakeytrin on Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:57 am
wakeytrin Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:36 pm
Posts: 3215
Location: The sunny side of Wakey
Double post
Last edited by wakeytrin on Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Continue to support the new stadium at Newmarket Lane.
You know it makes sense.
Wakefields roller coaster ride continues.
Re: Letter from the Trusts Lawyers to WMDC
Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:57 am
Posted by Inflatable_Armadillo on Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:57 am
Inflatable_Armadillo User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 9:41 am
Posts: 4255
Location: Varies according to where I am!
vastman wrote:
Gloves are off, good - when do you need some money? :D


Keep it in your pocket for now mate... we don't know how deep we need you to dig yet... it depends on the WMDC planning committee! 8)
Change is inevitable
...except from a vending machine!


BillyRhino wrote:
So in best IA mode ..<.Possibley World Class, could be the greatest thing since sliced bread....am personally very excited, and confidently expect him to prove my predictions are bang on target.... Alternatively he could be rubbish>

IA mode off. :wink:
Re: Letter from the Trusts Lawyers to WMDC
Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:22 pm
Posted by Droopy on Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:22 pm
Droopy User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:38 am
Posts: 48
Inflatable_Armadillo wrote:
The Trust's lawyers Walton & Co sent this letter to Wakefield MDC planning department yesterday. The Trust are delighted that Walton & Co have agreed to act for the Trust.

https://twitter.com/WakefieldTrust/status/1059741362583691264

Legal arguments can be complicated but at it very heart this is about morals, intent and promises made. Newcold did have to be separate stand alone application, because of it's height, it was taller than was allowed for under the outline application. It is our opinion, as you all know, that the fact they also did not want it to count towards the trigger point was not made clear to both the members and the public and in actual fact, we all thought it was until it was too late. However, this application for Kitwave DOES NOT need to be separate application, there is not any reasonable reason why this should not be submitted under the outline and count towards the trigger value.

The fact and choice that Yorkcourt, Henry Boot & Kitwave have made is clearly an attempt to circumvent and undermine the whole planning process and the only reason they are doing that is to avoid doing what they promised they were going to do, build a stadium. They have got what they want and now they are sticking two fingers up and the citizens of Wakefield and supporters of Trinity and laughing in their faces. Wakefield Council members, and most importantly the leadership (are you listening Mr Box?), need to stand up and say enough is enough. We will not let you make and then break promises and pockets £100's of millions of pounds at the expense of our citizens!


Great to see our legal representation has now been put forward IA! Im looking forward to see how the subject is addressed by the Planning Committee.

One thing i would like to ask, and this is not a criticism or dig in anyway, just a genuine question. You say that morals, intent and promises are at the heart of our legal argument but do you believe we have a good legal argument? The letter from Yorkcourts representatives strongly argue there is no legal case for them to answer. Im worried the council may see this as an easy route of escape. They have already shown that morals and promises mean very little to them...
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 71 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,820,28167977,3074,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sun 3rd Feb 15:00
SLXXIV
LONDON BRONCOS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 10th Feb 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
ST. HELENS
Thu 21st Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Fri 1st Mar 19:45
SLXXIV
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 10th Mar 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL KR
Fri 15th Mar 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
WAKEFIELD
Thu 21st Mar 19:45
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
WARRINGTON
Sun 31st Mar 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
SALFORD
Fri 5th Apr 19:45
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 12th Apr 19:45
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Thu 18th Apr 19:45
SLXXIV
CASTLEFORD
v
WAKEFIELD
Mon 22nd Apr 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sun 28th Apr 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 5th May 15:00
SLXXIV
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WAKEFIELD
Sat 18th May 15:00
SLXXIV
LONDON BRONCOS
v
WAKEFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






33