WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Sam Williams
Sam Williams
Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:32 pm
Egg Banjo User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:32 pm
Posts: 512
Rumours abound that he's heading back to Australia at the end of the season. I've enjoyed watching him play, he's scored a few decent tries, a well deserved MoM, and has the most assists so far this season. If he does head back then, for what it's worth, he has my thanks and best wishes on his future career.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
Re: Sam Williams
Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:48 pm
altofts wildcat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:03 am
Posts: 3512
I was very excited when we signed him but although he has shown glimpses I don't think he has lived up to his potential. I don't think it was through lack of effort I just think that for whatever reason he hasn't been able to perform to his best.
Re: Sam Williams
Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:57 pm
wrencat1873 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 8552
altofts wildcat wrote:
I was very excited when we signed him but although he has shown glimpses I don't think he has lived up to his potential. I don't think it was through lack of effort I just think that for whatever reason he hasn't been able to perform to his best.


I think he suffered from being paired with Finn (while Miller was out).
They are quite similar in many ways and neither has a running game, which made us one dimensional and a bit too easy to defend.

Having said that, he still tops the "assist" stats and often it was a case of his work going unnoticed.

We had high expectations, which were a little unrealistic but, hes always given 100% and we cant ask for more than that.
Re: Sam Williams
Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:59 pm
lampyboy Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:56 pm
Posts: 1275
Not many players who arrive have a brilliant first season .Players quite often have a difficult first season and then spring to life for season two. Its a shame because I still think Sam could produce the goods .
Re: Sam Williams
Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:02 pm
Kirmudgeonly Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:35 pm
Posts: 116
I ve heard cas are taking him as a short term replacement for gale ,,,,,,
Re: Sam Williams
Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:21 pm
Wildcat26 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:08 pm
Posts: 649
Location: Wakefield
Kirmudgeonly wrote:
I ve heard cas are taking him as a short term replacement for gale ,,,,,,


Just doesn't make sense at all.
1. Signing deadline past a month a go
2. Which one of there 7 quota players would they get rid of
3. By the time his registration had been sorted Gale would be back
Re: Sam Williams
Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:24 pm
chissitt Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:34 am
Posts: 7030
lampyboy wrote:
Not many players who arrive have a brilliant first season .Players quite often have a difficult first season and then spring to life for season two. Its a shame because I still think Sam could produce the goods .

I believe his partner/wife went back home to Aus for a time to be with her sister who I think was having a baby, that won't have helped matters.
Re: Sam Williams
Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:26 pm
chissitt Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:34 am
Posts: 7030
Wildcat26 wrote:
Just doesn't make sense at all.
1. Signing deadline past a month a go
2. Which one of there 7 quota players would they get rid of
3. By the time his registration had been sorted Gale would be back

I guess you shouldn't always believe what you read :D
Re: Sam Williams
Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:00 pm
Kirmudgeonly Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:35 pm
Posts: 116
I was being ironic , Williams is on his way in a couple of weeks . Just hasn't worked out
Re: Sam Williams
Post Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:11 pm
TwistTheMellonMan Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:26 am
Posts: 328
Hearing Salford are very interested in him to replace Dobson for 2018
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 60sCat, Scarlet Pimpernell and 94 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,636,64973776,2434,491SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
  TODAY : 15:00
8s
HALIFAX
v
FEATHERSTONE  
  TODAY : 15:00
8s
BATLEY
v
SHEFFIELD  
  TODAY : 15:00
CH1
BARROW
v
NEWCASTLE  
  TODAY : 15:00
CH1
WHITEHAVEN
v
YORK  
  TODAY : 15:00
CH1
HUNSLET
v
LONDONS  
  Sun 1st Oct : 10:15
NRL
MELBOURNE
v
NQL COWBOYS  
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM