WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - I need advice !!
I need advice !!
Post Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:48 pm
MashPotatoes Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

No matter what I do to get Wakefield Trinity off my mind, the ups and downs, the justices the injustices, the long suffering rollercoaster. I just can't relax. Especially now. Could we win our last 2 fixtures and make the Semifinals? This team can compete with any other team in this league. I just feel on edge. How the hell does every other fan cope ? Am I the only one that's a nervous wreck everytime the mighty Trinity take to the field ?
I just wish I could take each fixture with a pinch of salt but the grip of a successful Trinity team always takes over. Hate it when we lose, total elation when we win. Does it take everybody else 2-3 days to get over a defeat? Or is it just me !!! Helpppppppp !!!!!
Re: I need advice !!
Post Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:49 pm
Egg Banjo User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I always assume we're going to lose so I'm never really disappointed when we do
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
Post Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:57 pm
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

You need to let it go mate. Move on to the next game.
Even though we lost in horrible circumstances I saw one of the best tries scored at Belle Vue on Thursday.
Take the good with the bad.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Post Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:06 pm
Eastern Wildcat Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Try to keep grounded and take one game at a time and keep expectations realistic, and then stretch them ever so slightly regularly
Post Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:36 pm
Parkside Freddie Stevo's Armpit

Get another hobby or a bird.

Seriously take satisfaction in the great strides. You'll beat Hull on Thursday and TBH Wigan struggled tonight against 12 men so no question you can take them at home.
Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:25 am
Daddycool Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

MashPotatoes wrote:
No matter what I do to get Wakefield Trinity off my mind, the ups and downs, the justices the injustices, the long suffering rollercoaster. I just can't relax. Especially now. Could we win our last 2 fixtures and make the Semifinals? This team can compete with any other team in this league. I just feel on edge. How the hell does every other fan cope ? Am I the only one that's a nervous wreck everytime the mighty Trinity take to the field ?
I just wish I could take each fixture with a pinch of salt but the grip of a successful Trinity team always takes over. Hate it when we lose, total elation when we win. Does it take everybody else 2-3 days to get over a defeat? Or is it just me !!! Helpppppppp !!!!!

Read the chimp paradox by Steve peters.
Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:02 am
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

That's actually a really good book.
If your OP was serious, that book will help you.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:12 am
Smew Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

This is easy. Losing nowadays no longer means a threat to our very existence. Win our last 2 and we finish third, guaranteed.
Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:13 am
LyndsayGill User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Daddycool wrote:
Read the chimp paradox by Steve peters.

Or just buy a chimp. Training it should keep him occupied till next Thursday.
The mind is like a parachute. If it's not open it won't work. - Frank Zappa
Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:30 am
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

MashPotatoes wrote:

Same. I only got about 2 hours sleep Thursday night. Just couldn't get the loss out of my racing mind. Some health and physical injury problems I'm suffering with at the moment pale into insignificance.
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.
Next