WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Chris Annakin.

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Chris Annakin.

Chris Annakin.
Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:00 pm
ChickenBlueRedWhite Stevo's Armpit

Annakin seems to be a large part of plans, making various appearances throughout the season since returning from injury.

However I'm sure he's out of contract at the end of the season???

Local lad, who gives his all whenever he pulls on the Trin Jersey. Anyone share my thoughts of baffled with the decision of no movement as of yet from the club?
Re: Chris Annakin.
Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:01 pm
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

They may well be talking now and we don't know it.
I can't imagine they are just going to let it drift away without talking.

Personally I like him but I don't think he's going to get better and Batch and Crowther will push him down the list.......and possibly out of the team.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:33 pm
TRINITY4LYF Stevo's Armpit

PopTart wrote:

Personally I like him but I don't think he's going to get better and Batch and Crowther will push him down the list.......and possibly out of the team.

Usually I just come on here to troll people but I guess you're playing my role today? Suggesting Crowther would push a fully fit Chris Annakin out of the squad or even down the list is absolutely ridiculous!
Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:35 pm
Wildthing User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

TRINITY4LYF wrote:
Usually I just come on here to troll people but I guess you're playing my role today? Suggesting Crowther would push a fully fit Chris Annakin out of the squad or even down the list is absolutely ridiculous!

See ya.
Wakefield TRINITY
Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:40 pm
TRINITY4LYF Stevo's Armpit

Wildthing wrote:
See ya.

You can't block me for that???
Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:43 pm
Wildcat26 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

PopTart wrote:

Both JB and JC Are completely different types of players to Annakin for me, whether people on here see Annakin as a prop or not that where every coach we have had has played him, bar a few appearances at 13 and his running style is very much straight, direct battering ram, reminds me a bit of Johnny Thompson.

Batch has everything in the locker to be an international star, reminds me of Gareth Ellis when he was first coming through at Wakefield, cant say the same for JC, he`s not put a foot wrong when playing and always been impressed with his efforts, especially in defence, but doesn't ring the same quality.. but hopefully he can stake a claim going forward to be part of the squad here at his hometown club if he is good enough and develops, but I think ala Kyle Trout we will see him drift away into the championship as the years go on (Hope he does prove me wrong).

As for Annakin, id definitely be giving him at least another year.
Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:56 pm
Trinity1315 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Wildcat26 wrote:
Both JB and JC Are completely different types of players to Annakin for me, whether people on here see Annakin as a prop or not that where every coach we have had has played him, bar a few appearances at 13 and his running style is very much straight, direct battering ram, reminds me a bit of Johnny Thompson.

Batch has everything in the locker to be an international star, reminds me of Gareth Ellis when he was first coming through at Wakefield, cant say the same for JC, he`s not put a foot wrong when playing and always been impressed with his efforts, especially in defence, but doesn't ring the same quality.. but hopefully he can stake a claim going forward to be part of the squad here at his hometown club if he is good enough and develops, but I think ala Kyle Trout we will see him drift away into the championship as the years go on (Hope he does prove me wrong).

As for Annakin, id definitely be giving him at least another year.

Can't really compare JC with any former homegrown players yet because he hasn't been given a long enough run to make a comparison. No player in the world improves with about 4 games a year!
Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:28 pm
newgroundb4cas User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Think Annakin is miles better than crowther not sure if he's done anything at all to impress me where Annakin plays hard every game and I never leave a game thinking he's played poor. The injury he suffered was o loughlin fault he's showed character to come back from that . Think it's a no brainer a new deal for Annakin. Bachelor been great also . Crowther not done a thing
UP THE TRIN !!!!
Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:41 pm
cocker Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

newgroundb4cas wrote:
Think Annakin is miles better than crowther not sure if he's done anything at all to impress me where Annakin plays hard every game and I never leave a game thinking he's played poor. The injury he suffered was o loughlin fault he's showed character to come back from that . Think it's a no brainer a new deal for Annakin. Bachelor been great also . Crowther not done a thing

What a ridiculous comment....Annakin is 26 and had numerous games. Crowther is 20 and barely had a look in. Annakin is probably the finished product where as Crowther is only just starting out !!!!!
Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:41 pm
4foxsake Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

If I had to choose I'd take Annakin over Crowther, but Batchelor is in a different class to both. Annakin for me will be a solid Superleague player. Not sure of Crowther, he's had spells in the team where he's done ok and others where he's looked a bit out of his depth. I'd like to see him get a bit of size on and see what he can do then.
Next