WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Time to forget Newmarket

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Time to forget Newmarket

Time to forget Newmarket
Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:13 am
Posted by ball-in-hand on Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:13 am
ball-in-hand Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:47 pm
Posts: 326
It's obvious now that Newmarket will never get built. Crowd funding for legal action is a waste of time because the courts always side with big business. I know I will get shot down for suggesting this but how about crowd funding for a refurbished Belle Vue . Obviously we need to negotiate a long lease with the owners of the ground first but a gradual featherstone_style refurbishment over 5 years is the only way we can retain superleague. I am sure with a definite 5 year plan and appropriate crowd funded health and safety work completed in the closed season we would get approval of superleague to stay here. Start shooting :SHOOT:
If I was short sighted I could become a referee!
Re: Time to forget Newmarket
Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:18 am
Posted by Slugger McBatt on Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:18 am
Slugger McBatt User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:09 pm
Posts: 5300
Location: Over there
Crowd-funding for £100,000 is one thing. Crowd-funding for 10 million is another.

That's the answer.

And forgetting Newmarket means letting them off the hook.
WAKEFIELD TRINITY - MORE ANCIENT. MORE LOYAL.
Re: Time to forget Newmarket
Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:27 am
Posted by Daddycool on Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:27 am
Daddycool Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:44 pm
Posts: 872
ball-in-hand wrote:
It's obvious now that Newmarket will never get built. Crowd funding for legal action is a waste of time because the courts always side with big business. I know I will get shot down for suggesting this but how about crowd funding for a refurbished Belle Vue . Obviously we need to negotiate a long lease with the owners of the ground first but a gradual featherstone_style refurbishment over 5 years is the only way we can retain superleague. I am sure with a definite 5 year plan and appropriate crowd funded health and safety work completed in the closed season we would get approval of superleague to stay here. Start shooting :SHOOT:


I appreciate you mean well but it's the other way round. Forget BV and keep fighting for what was promised. BV will never provide the solution and never would. It was just a smokescreen,amongst others, by the previous trust chair. Remember him saying, don't bid for BV,it will only push up the price! Yorkcourt have got it sorted!!!
Re: Time to forget Newmarket
Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:30 am
Posted by wtid71 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:30 am
wtid71 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 319
We simply cannot let those responsible for this off the hook. I am sure this would be music to the ears of the council & developer and I seem to remember that MC was advised not to bid on Belle Vue. We have to fight on for what is right and just.
Re: Time to forget Newmarket
Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:39 am
Posted by Sandal Cat on Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:39 am
Sandal Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:35 pm
Posts: 3117
Daddycool wrote:
I appreciate you mean well but it's the other way round. Forget BV and keep fighting for what was promised. BV will never provide the solution and never would. It was just a smokescreen,amongst others, by the previous trust chair. Remember him saying, don't bid for BV,it will only push up the price! Yorkcourt have got it sorted!!!


This.

Let Belle Vue go. We had a promise of a 12,000 stadium at Newmarket following the PI which should have been backed by a cast iron S106 Agreement but wasn't. The Council blame the SOS for that but you can form your own opinions on that. The Council and Trust Chairman at the time agree to exclude Newcold from the trigger following legal advice that was never taken. Don't bid for Belle Vue - you can see where we are heading - and now terms that are a million miles away from the perfect agreement that was promised.

We will fight this to the death and that's what may be the end result but we will not just lie down and die, not whilst there is still breath in our bodies.
LOOKING FOR ACCOMMODATION IN ORLANDO, FLORIDA
//www.orlandovilla.org.uk
Re: Time to forget Newmarket
Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:43 am
Posted by Sacred Cow on Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:43 am
Sacred Cow Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:07 pm
Posts: 1580
Given i've never thought it was the right place i'd have no problem with forgetting Newmarket if they want to build a brand new stadium somewhere else like by the new city centre bypass. Plenty of space there, better position for us and they get the ripe development land which will bring in plenty of revenue for the council. Everyones a winner. But they have to pay for it one way or the other.
Re: Time to forget Newmarket
Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:49 am
Posted by JINJER on Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:49 am
JINJER User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 10:47 am
Posts: 6540
Location: WF6,a small town in Wakefield
Sandal Cat wrote:
This.

Let Belle Vue go. We had a promise of a 12,000 stadium at Newmarket following the PI which should have been backed by a cast iron S106 Agreement but wasn't. The Council blame the SOS for that but you can form your own opinions on that. The Council and Trust Chairman at the time agree to exclude Newcold from the trigger following legal advice that was never taken. Don't bid for Belle Vue - you can see where we are heading - and now terms that are a million miles away from the perfect agreement that was promised.

We will fight this to the death and that's what may be the end result but we will not just lie down and die, not whilst there is still breath in our bodies.

Sandal cat, is the Heads of terms covered by a privacy clause? If not can't we "publish and be damned" let people actually see the terms being offered?
Twitter...@GINGERWILDCAT
Re: Time to forget Newmarket
Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:50 am
Posted by Jackie brown on Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:50 am
Jackie brown Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:54 pm
Posts: 167
Sacred Cow wrote:
Given i've never thought it was the right place i'd have no problem with forgetting Newmarket if they want to build a brand new stadium somewhere else like by the new city centre bypass. Plenty of space there, better position for us and they get the ripe development land which will bring in plenty of revenue for the council. Everyones a winner. But they have to pay for it one way or the other.

So if it was possible to do that, why haven't yorcourt said there's your money, off you go and build it there and leave the Newmarket land to our greedy selves?they don't have any money but will if we cave in on Newmarket.
Re: Time to forget Newmarket
Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:05 am
Posted by Sandal Cat on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:05 am
Sandal Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:35 pm
Posts: 3117
JINJER wrote:
Sandal cat, is the Heads of terms covered by a privacy clause? If not can't we "publish and be damned" let people actually see the terms being offered?


The bulk of the content of the HoT have been reported by Jeremy Cross.

The total document barely fills 2 sheets of A4.
LOOKING FOR ACCOMMODATION IN ORLANDO, FLORIDA
//www.orlandovilla.org.uk
Re: Time to forget Newmarket
Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:07 am
Posted by bellycouldtackle on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:07 am
bellycouldtackle Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:46 am
Posts: 1741
Location: wakefield
Who is behind Yorkcourt 2008, who are the directors, what is the relationship between Creecraft / Jones and Mackay, I presume that the Council have carried out due diligence on Yorkcourt 2008 ( no really I do .. well no I actually think the council have no idea who they are dealing with ), Does Yorkcourt 2008 have any asset value etc.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bren2k, coco the fullback, DAVE@CAS1990, djcool, Eastern Wildcat, Fordy, gowerthegroap, huddiepuddies, Inflatable_Armadillo, Jizzer, judge the jules, Kevs Head, lampyboy, madkeentrin, MC_Wildcat, poplar cats alive, Sandal Cat, The Avenger, The Devil's Advocate, wakefieldwall, Wildthing, Willzay and 216 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wakefield Trinity





POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,664,4261,53176,3494,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
 Full Time 
World Cup: Semi Final
AUSTRALIA
54-6
FIJI
TOMORROW 05:00
World Cup: Semi Final
ENGLAND
v
TONGA
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM