WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Supporters Trust, Tues 18th Jan, Cats 7.30pm

Board index Super League Eights Wakefield Trinity Supporters Trust, Tues 18th Jan, Cats 7.30pm

Posted by Sandal Cat on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:13 pm
Sandal Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Some on here have mentioned the formation of a Supporters Trust and Supporters Direct. Some of us have been thinking of this for some time but in view of the current circumstances I think it appropriate that we move things quickly.

We have arranged a meeting for all fans of Wakefield Trinity (Supporters and Shareholders alike) for Tuesday 18th January 2011 at 7.30pm in Cats Bar.

The purpose of the meeting will be to explore the establishment of a Wakefield Trinity Supporters Trust which will be an all inclusive organisation and affiliated to Supporters Direct who we have already met and who will be in attenance at the meeting.

This in NOT another Supporters Club and its up to YOU whether you want it or not because it will be YOUR organisation and YOU will be needed to be part of it and make it work.

Further information will follow.
LOOKING FOR ACCOMMODATION IN ORLANDO, FLORIDA
//www.orlandovilla.org.uk
Re: Supporters Trust
Post Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:15 pm
Posted by MOPSEY LIVES ON on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:15 pm
MOPSEY LIVES ON User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Sandal Cat wrote:
Some on here have mentioned the formation of a Supporters Trust and Supporters Direct. Some of us have been thinking of this for some time but in view of the current circumstances I think it appropriate that we move things quickly.

We have arranged a meeting for all fans of Wakefield Trinity (Supporters and Shareholders alike) for Tuesday 18th November 2011 at 7.30pm in Cats Bar.

The purpose of the meeting will be to explore the establishment of a Wakefield Trinity Supporters Trust which will be an all inclusive organisation and affiliated to Supporters Direct who we have already met and who will be in attenance at the meeting.

This in NOT another Supporters Club and its up to YOU whether you want it or not because it will be YOUR organisation and YOU will be needed to be part of it and make it work.

willit be just the fans, no bod
WAKEFIELD FANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED.WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT, DONT MATTER.

I AM THE SEEKER OF TRUTH AND
JUSTICE
Post Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:18 pm
Posted by Sandal Cat on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:18 pm
Sandal Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

MOPSEY LIVES ON wrote:
willit be just the fans, no bod

As far as I'm concerned its for the fans, its nothing to do with the Board of Directors.
Post Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:21 pm
Posted by Tricky2309 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:21 pm
Tricky2309 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,037

Quiz Score: 56

Sandal Cat wrote:

We have arranged a meeting for all fans of Wakefield Trinity (Supporters and Shareholders alike) for Tuesday 18th January 2011 at 7.30pm in Cats Bar.

I live in Stockport so won't be able to make it across - will written information be available?
Post Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:24 pm
Posted by Sandal Cat on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:24 pm
Sandal Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Tricky2309 wrote:
I live in Stockport so won't be able to make it across - will written information be available?

There will be minuites and if you let me have your e-mail address I will send you them.

Its all open and communication will be paramount.
Post Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:26 pm
Posted by t-r-i-n-i-t-y on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:26 pm
t-r-i-n-i-t-y User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

The best way forward for the club is for such a Trust to have a significant shareholding in the club and a seat on the board, in partnership with someone with millions to waste if possible, or run without spending beyond our means, and if that means life in the Championship for a long time so be it.

If work commitments allow, I will be at this meeting.
"I know guys that pay £25 for a facial up north"
"If that season review DVD was an A-level entry, it'd fail"
Post Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:28 pm
Posted by Sandal Cat on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:28 pm
Sandal Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

t-r-i-n-i-t-y wrote:
The best way forward for the club is for such a Trust to have a significant shareholding in the club and a seat on the board, in partnership with someone with millions to waste if possible, or run without spending beyond our means, and if that means life in the Championship for a long time so be it.

If work commitments allow, I will be at this meeting.

That's the aim - share ownership and Board representation.
Post Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:33 pm
Posted by snowie on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:33 pm
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Quiz Score: 232

I've been present to two meetings and some good dialog was past but I must admit I felt out of my depth,

when dealing with the issues mention it will not take away the fact that the club needs £500 k

and the accumulation of shareholders to make of voice isn't going to change things at the club.

we need a new investor
Post Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:14 pm
Posted by merlin on Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:14 pm
merlin User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

snowie wrote:
I've been present to two meetings and some good dialog was past but I must admit I felt out of my depth,

when dealing with the issues mention it will not take away the fact that the club needs £500 k

and the accumulation of shareholders to make of voice isn't going to change things at the club.

we need a new investor

I agree, not against the good intentions but surely now is the time for action, we can talk all we want but if the money isn't found we wont have a club?
Post Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:24 pm
Posted by snowie on Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:24 pm
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Quiz Score: 232

merlin wrote:
I agree, not against the good intentions but surely now is the time for action, we can talk all we want but if the money isn't found we wont have a club?

having a voice on the bod should influence the decision making and put new ideas up for consultation but they have to want us on or they can just ignore what is being said.

every business wastes money in some direction and a tighter control of this would make us more viable, that would stop the leakage but the tanks empty and needs filling
Next