WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Where is everyone, does anybody care.

Board index Championship 1 Keighley Cougars Where is everyone, does anybody care.

Where is everyone, does anybody care.
Post Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:21 am
Posted by Mr Hicks on Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:21 am
Mr Hicks Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 111th / 77,381

Quiz Score: 0

As Facebook and Twitter were taken down by the club where is everyone.
This forum is the only chance for some free speech and to get things off our chests but no body uses it.
When things were good in the Demitriou days there were hundreds of posts on here of general discussions and banter.
Now with a gag on social media this would be an ideal time to use this facility and Shane Spencer and co having no say in it.
Ever since the news came last week that the team was back training plus Lingard and Gill were back nothing has been said.
Wouldn't this have been the time to really gee the fans up with regular updates by the club.
For instance who were back committed to the club and who trained, which players had signed because as I've read elsewhere the Australian half we signed has gone to Dewsbury.
Would it not be time to make a statement to the Keighley news and get social media back up because if there was any good news to be had I'm sure fans would get behind the club but they need positive news for this to happen.
There's more concern on the Bulls forum and the virtual terrace forum than ours as how they could help.
I'm left scratching my head as to where all this is leading but I'm certainly not full of confidence with the way things are going.
:CRAZY: :CRAZY: :CRAZY:
Posted by Fax and furious on Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:23 am
Fax and furious Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 110th / 77,381

Why didn't you buy the club when Gary Fawcett went?
Re: Where is everyone, does anybody care.
Post Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:26 am
Posted by StephanieM on Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:26 am
StephanieM User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

What is the point in using it, when there is a complete lack of genuine, positive news to spread? Seem to be question marks if relevant training ever took place, and the owners have less than zero interest in the club, either in the future, or for paying wages presumably still due from last year.
Who is going to want to sign for, and play for a club, knowing they're unlikely to be paid at any point?

There, I've talked but probably not what you wanted to hear!
Soft, soppy Cougars fan
Post Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:16 am
Posted by BD20Cougar on Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:16 am
BD20Cougar Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Mr Hicks wrote:
Wouldn't this have been the time to really gee the fans up with regular updates by the club.
For instance who were back committed to the club and who trained, which players had signed because as I've read elsewhere the Australian half we signed has gone to Dewsbury.
Would it not be time to make a statement to the Keighley news and get social media back up because if there was any good news to be had I'm sure fans would get behind the club but they need positive news for this to happen.

You've hit the nail on the head with this. The club have a hell of a job on their hands getting anyone to part with their hard earned cash on season tickets/sponsorship but right now we're getting nothing but silence. I know Josh Chapman was among those refused entry to the ground which goes some way to explaining the lack of updates but surely he's not the only person who knows how to work Facebook!

I've said before I don't mind if we lose every game next season, as long as there's a team on the pitch I'll watch them, but even I need a bit of encouragement. A few player announcements and a short interview with Lingard/Gill would go a long way right now.
Post Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:55 pm
Posted by shaunw78 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:55 pm
shaunw78 User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

To all, You may or may not be aware, there is a Group of Supporters who do Care, they operate mainly on Social Media, closed group(I know not everyone is on Social Media) they have had at least 2 public meetings in the last month both extremely well attended, they have full and open discussions, I am sure if you have friends at Cougars they will know someone in the Group who will add you just ask around, the reason there is not an open discussion on hear is the ENEMY HAS EYES & EARS EVERYWHERE, and this forum is open to everyone,plus hardly anyone on here uses their real name. If in the future, plans are made to fight back against this Dictator Owner, then I don't think here is the place where these plans will be hatched or discussed.
Post Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:57 pm
Posted by Cougar1972 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:57 pm
Cougar1972 Stevo's Armpit

I would hope the lack of information from the club says that there are negotiations for a takeover but is that wishful thinking.
Posted by shaunw78 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:58 pm
shaunw78 User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

The Club does have a New Owner, follow the below link, but I wouldn't get too excited, as I have heard repeated many times over the last week "Smoke & Mirrors" springs to mind.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... ng-history
Posted by ollmatt on Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:52 pm
ollmatt Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 111th / 77,381

As one of the volunteers (with my partner) who have been told our services at CP are no longer needed I feel I must agree with the above sentiments. What sports club (even in Super League ) exists without volunteers?
Although Josh Chapman and I have had our disagreements in the past the club will greatly miss his input re Facebook,Website and this Forum. Surely someone at CP could post on Facebook or update the Website daily. Info from the club may remove some small amount of the negativity we all feel at the moment.A open and honest statement from the club and RFL is urgently needed.Silence is not always golden.
Further who will produce a matchday programme to Josh s high standard?This brought in much needed revenue for the club re sales and advertising.
My partner and I will continue to support the players.To this end we have already purchased season tickets.Where are they? Enough said.
Posted by RLNew on Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:56 pm
RLNew Stevo's Armpit

shaunw78 wrote:
The Club does have a New Owner, follow the below link, but I wouldn't get too excited, as I have heard repeated many times over the last week "Smoke & Mirrors" springs to mind.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... ng-history

I’ve heard Shane allegedly still owns the club. Steve allegedly managing the money on the rugby side of things.
Posted by Cougar1972 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:29 pm
Cougar1972 Stevo's Armpit

Claire auty is probably an associate of shane.
Next