WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Wakefield
Wakefield
Post Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:11 pm
Posted by lincwtw on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:11 pm
lincwtw Stevo's Armpit

hi, Wakefield fan coming in peace.

i was just wondering what supporters of other clubs thought of our players, chances this year and as a club overall. i just find it interesting to look at how we are perceived elsewhere. im not here looking for an argument im genuinely interested so be as honest as you like!

best of luck this season.
Re: Wakefield
Post Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:48 pm
Posted by Ashton Bears on Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:48 pm
Ashton Bears User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

You are looking good but let us wait until Saturday when you play Catalans the bookies have you both on scratch you should finish in the top 8 don,t think you will finish 5 are above.
Post Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:15 pm
Posted by NickyKiss on Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:15 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 24
Rep Position: 11th / 76,914

Quiz Score: 0

I was talking about Wakefield at the weekend with some mates and I have them as genuine top four contenders. They’ve quietly and efficiently built a good side with very few weaknesses and some real game breaking players. They already had some players who performed brilliantly at times last year in Grix, Tupou, Miller, Fafita, Ashurst etc and the signings were good. I like Horo and Hampshire looks hungry. Add in Johnstone on the comeback trail and it looks a pretty good side.

I doubt many clubs will get an easy game against them this year.
Post Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:30 pm
Posted by moto748 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:30 pm
moto748 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 76,914

Top half of the table certainly, i'd say, at least. Decent squad and coach who seems to know what he's doing.
Post Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:31 pm
Posted by WARRIOR5 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:31 pm
WARRIOR5 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 76,914

lincwtw wrote:

i was just wondering what supporters of other clubs thought of our players, chances this year and as a club overall. i just find it interesting to look at how we are perceived elsewhere. im not here looking for an argument im genuinely interested so be as honest as you like!

I think a strong top 8 side, not top 4, but not too far off. A well coached team, very difficult to play however the performance last weekend wasn’t as expected. No longer a team who you look forward to playing against (not that recent results have helped that).

I’d all but give a limb to take Johnston and Fifita off your hands.
Post Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:44 pm
Posted by Suzy Banyon on Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:44 pm
Suzy Banyon User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

lincwtw wrote:

You've got a good chance this season and I wish you well. But, as a club you are a joke. How many long have you lied to the RFL and SL about your ground now? 5 years? Longer? Are you building a new stadium or re-developing Belle Vue? I forget so many lies have been spun. Isn't the last thing a conspiracy involving Wakefield council or something?

Your facilities are a joke, so much so, that I actually enjoy an away day to Belle Vue as it's a step back in time. Crumbling terraces, porta-kabin "boxes," half a roof over half a stand and that "grandstand." The vitriolic and really quite aggressive fans in the corner add a bit of zest too.

You're never getting a new ground (face it) and the slow, inexorable decline of your club will continue unabated. I'll be a little sad once you're gone, but SL needs a club that actually brings something to the table, rather than just barely surviving.
roger daly wrote:
Oh dear, I believe you would be classed as s[sic] typical Wigan fan

wrencat1873 wrote:
It's the mighty Wigan, they can do whatever they want.

Big lads mate wrote:
you arrogant pot prick

Tricky2309 wrote:
Look prick do one

Willzay wrote:
you cocky pie eating c*nt.
Post Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:01 pm
Posted by NickyKiss on Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:01 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 24
Rep Position: 11th / 76,914

Suzy Banyon wrote:
You've got a good chance this season and I wish you well. But, as a club you are a joke. How many long have you lied to the RFL and SL about your ground now? 5 years? Longer? Are you building a new stadium or re-developing Belle Vue? I forget so many lies have been spun. Isn't the last thing a conspiracy involving Wakefield council or something?

Your facilities are a joke, so much so, that I actually enjoy an away day to Belle Vue as it's a step back in time. Crumbling terraces, porta-kabin "boxes," half a roof over half a stand and that "grandstand." The vitriolic and really quite aggressive fans in the corner add a bit of zest too.

You're never getting a new ground (face it) and the slow, inexorable decline of your club will continue unabated. I'll be a little sad once you're gone, but SL needs a club that actually brings something to the table, rather than just barely surviving.

Well he said to be honest :lol:

In truth as much as Wakefield are a good side now by superleague standards, those standards have been driven down rather then up the league pleasing teams such as Wakey when they in fact should’ve been making teams improve and get up to the levels that Saints, Wigan, Leeds, Bradford, Wire etc were at.

People begged for years for a more even competition and now we have it but it’s even because the standard across the board is so poor. I can only hope that the delay in announcing the format for 2019 is due to somebody growing a set and driving a ruthless approach to which teams are and which aren’t suitable to drive the game forward.
Post Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:29 pm
Posted by Grimmy on Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:29 pm
Grimmy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 16th / 76,914

Quiz Score: 248

I'd say underrated, but actually judging from the comments on here maybe not. I'd say good enough for the Super 8, not good enough for the play offs. Chance of making the CC final if you get a lucky draw, not something I've ever thought about Wakey before.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
Post Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:20 am
Posted by Trainman on Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:20 am
Trainman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 76,914

I think wakefield have built a good side which, providing they can remain fairly healthy will make the top 8 and have a chance of pushing for top 4.

As a club I’m not sure what the longer term future will hold, with the league probably looking to add the likes of Toronto, one or two US sides and possibly another French side I would imagine wakefield would be high on the list to drop out. Even if the stadium actually becomes a reality I can’t see the club attracting enough fans to sustain a SL side in the long term.
Post Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:45 am
Posted by hengirl on Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:45 am
hengirl Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 76,914

Good side to watch but it’s time,more than time for a stadium to be built,share if needs be,the current ground simply not fit for 2018
Next