WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - I hope he isn't getting paid a lot

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors - cherryandwhite.co.uk I hope he isn't getting paid a lot

I hope he isn't getting paid a lot
Post Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:50 pm
Posted by Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy on Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:50 pm
Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 13943
Location: Looking for coffee and donuts
FPN's "attacking" stats from yesterday - remember this is as a starting prop.

4 carries the whole game - yes 4.

2 errors.

1 penalty given away.
Re: I hope he isn't getting paid a lot
Post Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:55 pm
Posted by apollosghost on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:55 pm
apollosghost Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:45 pm
Posts: 828
Location: Under New Springs bridge wit' rest of trolls
It's no wonder our outside backs are always injured/look knackered when they're doing the front row's job for them :(
Re: I hope he isn't getting paid a lot
Post Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:01 pm
Posted by Grimmy on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:01 pm
Grimmy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 12639
Did he make many tackles? We didn't have the ball much.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
Re: I hope he isn't getting paid a lot
Post Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:01 pm
Posted by Bigredwarrior on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:01 pm
Bigredwarrior Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:22 am
Posts: 1213
apollosghost wrote:
It's no wonder our outside backs are always injured/look knackered when they're doing the front row's job for them :(


Spot on!!

I've said for years that we're not far off being a really dominant side but we rely too much on 'back sets'. Maybe I'm old fashioned and maybe I've not moved with the times but I like props to run the ball hard and straight and win the collision to give backs the platform to be creative and play what's in front of them?
Re: I hope he isn't getting paid a lot
Post Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:23 pm
Posted by NickyKiss on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:23 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 21372
Location: WIGAN
Our props (or tactics) have been a disgrace recently. I'm a fan of Sutton (although I wish somebody would superglue his hands) but he's looked off form and the less said about FPN, Clubb and Tautai the better.

That's the main area that needs a rebuild. We need two new props to play alongside Sutton and Flower for me.
Re: I hope he isn't getting paid a lot
Post Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:30 pm
Posted by Cherry_Warrior on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:30 pm
Cherry_Warrior Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:46 pm
Posts: 697
Really makes me laugh with despair that every other club can find at least one good prop and we haven't found one since Coley (possibly Lima) Not a great advert for a coach who was a front rower.
Re: I hope he isn't getting paid a lot
Post Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:32 pm
Posted by Cherry_Warrior on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:32 pm
Cherry_Warrior Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:46 pm
Posts: 697
NickyKiss wrote:
Our props (or tactics) have been a disgrace recently. I'm a fan of Sutton (although I wish somebody would superglue his hands) but he's looked off form and the less said about FPN, Clubb and Tautai the better.

That's the main area that needs a rebuild. We need two new props to play alongside Sutton and Flower for me.



If Flower is to stay he would be no. 5 on my list of props. If i had my way it would be Sutton, Clubb, Tai'i and Bousquet. Thats a pretty impressive front row. Presuming Tai'i and Bousquet haven't signed for anyone else then it's also possible. If we are not in for at least one of these i will be scratching my head.
Re: I hope he isn't getting paid a lot
Post Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:39 pm
Posted by NickyKiss on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:39 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 21372
Location: WIGAN
Cherry_Warrior wrote:
If Flower is to stay he would be no. 5 on my list of props. If i had my way it would be Sutton, Clubb, Tai'i and Bousquet. Thats a pretty impressive front row. Presuming Tai'i and Bousquet haven't signed for anyone else then it's also possible. If we are not in for at least one of these i will be scratching my head.


Flower at his best brings an intensity to the side and he's excellent in defence. I've been posting all over the place that we simply must be in for Bousquet and Ta'ai. I'd love a starting front row of Bousquet and Flower with Ta'ai and Sutton/Clubb to add impact from the bench.

The club I'm sure will need to move some players out to bring others in, so fingers crossed we can do that and get in the 3 players we desperately need (1 scrum half and 2 props).
Re: I hope he isn't getting paid a lot
Post Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:48 pm
Posted by Cherry_Warrior on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:48 pm
Cherry_Warrior Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:46 pm
Posts: 697
NickyKiss wrote:
Flower at his best brings an intensity to the side and he's excellent in defence. I've been posting all over the place that we simply must be in for Bousquet and Ta'ai. I'd love a starting front row of Bousquet and Flower with Ta'ai and Sutton/Clubb to add impact from the bench.

The club I'm sure will need to move some players out to bring others in, so fingers crossed we can do that and get in the 3 players we desperately need (1 scrum half and 2 props).


Agreed. Let me throw a spanner in the works. If you were only allowed 1 of them which one would it be? I love Bousquet's aggression but Tai'i is an absolute beast, He would be my pick. Think he can cover at 13 too which would help.
Re: I hope he isn't getting paid a lot
Post Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:56 pm
Posted by muttywhitedog on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:56 pm
muttywhitedog Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:52 pm
Posts: 214
Frank is stealing a living at Wigan. Usually on the field for less than 40 minutes, and does Sweet FA when he is on the field.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bigredwarrior, Cherry_Warrior, CobraCraig, exiled Warrior, Grimmy, hatty, MelbourneWarrior, NickyKiss, Norris Cole, Pie Eyed, The Whiffy Kipper, Ziggy Stardust and 105 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - cherryandwhite.co.uk





POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,664,5611,37976,3494,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
 Full Time 
World Cup: Semi Final
AUSTRALIA
54-6
FIJI
TOMORROW 05:00
World Cup: Semi Final
ENGLAND
v
TONGA
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM