WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Powell returns for the Huddersfield game

Board index Super League - Super 8s Wigan Warriors - cherryandwhite.co.uk Powell returns for the Huddersfield game

Powell returns for the Huddersfield game
Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:18 am
Ashton Bears User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Wigan Warriors 19-Man Squad
John Bateman, Joe Burgess, Tony Clubb, Tom Davies, Liam Farrell, Anthony Gelling, Oliver Gildart, Willie Isa, Thomas Leuluai, Liam Marshall, Michael Mcilorum, Frank-Paul Nuuausala, Sean O’Loughlin, Sam Powell, Ryan Sutton, Taulima Tautai, Sam Tomkins, Jack Wells, George Williams.
Re: Powell returns for the Huddersfield game
Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:19 pm
Grimmy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

I'd go:

FB 1 Sam Tomkins
RW 36 Tom Davies
RC 3 Anthony Gelling
LC 4 Oliver Gildart
LW 35 Liam Marshall
SO 6 George Williams
SH 7 Thomas Leuluai
P 19 Ryan Sutton
H 9 Michael Mcilorum
P 20 Willie Isa
SR 14 John Bateman
SR 12 Liam Farrell
LF 13 Sean O’Loughlin

S 15 Tony Clubb
S 16 Sam Powell
S 17 Taulima Tautai
S 28 Jack Wells

Burgess looks like he needs a week off, and I wasn't impressed with his workrate last week. Ideally we need to win this one comfortably to improve our points difference so Marshall is a good player to have out there given his strike rate.

Nu'uasala just doesn't offer enough for me. The worst of a bad bunch of forwards last week. Play him in the reserves against Saints and hopefully he remembers what it's like to knock people over. Wells has done well when called upon.
Last edited by Grimmy on Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:42 pm
Chris_H User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

Same as last week at Leeds apart from Powell in place of Ganson. WEP article which says Manfredi is playing in the reserves also hints at Wells and Marshall playing

"Saturday’s match at St Helens, likely to also feature Liam Marshall and Jack Wells"
Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:22 pm
Wigg'n Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Guaranteed it will be an unchanged team except Powell for Ganson.
Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:06 pm
Father Ted Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Everything Hudds will have expected and trained to play against.
Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:34 pm
Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Be interesting to see the crowd given holidays and the general malaise in the fan base. Could be our lowest regular season crowd for some time.

Everything feels stale at the moment and it reminds me of the last year of Noble.
Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:58 pm
PurpleCheeseWarrior Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy wrote:
Be interesting to see the crowd given holidays and the general malaise in the fan base. Could be our lowest regular season crowd for some time.

Everything feels stale at the moment and it reminds me of the last year of Noble.

Ah yes, the last year under Noble when we were reigning champions and cup finalists. Yawn.

This is the exact same cack you miserable gets were coming out with last year. Although to be fair you have a better chance of being able to say "I told you so" come the end of the season. Throw enough sh*t, broken clocks etc.
Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:21 pm
Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

PurpleCheeseWarrior wrote:
Ah yes, the last year under Noble when we were reigning champions and cup finalists. Yawn.

This is the exact same cack you miserable gets were coming out with last year. Although to be fair you have a better chance of being able to say "I told you so" come the end of the season. Throw enough sh*t, broken clocks etc.

Apologies for having a different opinion to you. Good for you if you're happy with the way the team is playing at the moment? Many people are not and we're on course to having our worse league campaign in decades.

I'm not a "told you so" person, don't see the point so you can happily put that hissy fit back in your pocket.
Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:40 pm
Bigredwarrior Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

PurpleCheeseWarrior wrote:

Well said PCW. We've been in the last 4 grand finals and won 2. We all know we'd have beat Saints but for the Flower incident and we lost v Leeds because of a dodgy knock on that wasn't given. We could easily have been on the back of straight grand final wins.

We are world champions and in the Challenge Cup final.

Of course our current position isn't where any of us would want to be but if people can't see genuine reasons for the vast majority of our losses then it's time to stop watching RL.

Our club is a positive, innovative one who is striving for worldwide recognition and respect. We are light years ahead of any of our rivals off the field and our chairman is doing nothing but good for the club.

If we have a full pre season and more luck with injuries next year I'd put my mortgage on us making another GF. Some people can't see the woods for the trees at times, it's not ideal at the minute but certainly not worth the doom and gloom of some folk on here.
Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:52 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Whatever the team I hope 5 or 6 of them are told in no uncertain terms that they're playing for a cup final place. I'd play a full team tomorrow then rest Sam Tomkins, Gildart, Williams, McIlorum, Clubb, Sutton, Bateman, Farrell and Lockers next week. We need all of those lads in the final without question. There are some others such as Davies, Powell and Isa who's work rates and attitudes should give them a final spot but they're not quite as indispensable as those listed above (Davies is working himself in to that bracket but I'd just keep playing him so he doesn't lose momentum).
Next