WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - * * * Rumours & Signings XIII * * *

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com * * * Rumours & Signings XIII * * *

* * * Rumours & Signings XIII * * *
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:57 pm
Posted by MadDogg on Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:57 pm
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 6690
Location: The Mighty Wigan
Father Ted wrote:
It has occurred to me that IL is deadly silent because all the deals he's made with a new coach and new players is all boxed off, signed, sealed but just the delivery date to be agreed.
If that is the case then it's just a matter of wait and see.


I don't think this is the case at all, just as it wasn't last year.
Re: * * * Rumours & Signings XIII * * *
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:09 pm
Posted by 100% Warrior on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:09 pm
100% Warrior Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 4400
MadDogg wrote:
I don't think this is the case at all, just as it wasn't last year.


Lets just face it - Noble will probably stay because we'll as always have a decent run come end of the season which will pull the wool over IL's eyes and hand him a new contract on a plate.

I'm grateful for all Noble has done for us - he has laid some solid foundations down for future generations at Wigan. Without sounding harsh or un-grateful towards him, I hope he isn't here to see them vome to fruitition. i think he's taken us as far as he can.

TBH I'm not arsed who we sign, so long as that player is of the right calibre for Wigan and will help to take us forward.
RIP Leon Walker

Stevo wrote:
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:15 pm
Posted by post on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:15 pm
post User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 3971
Its common that players, clubs and agents don't stick to the anti tamper deadline of Septemebr 1st.

So if I were IL I would check on the availability of Morley and what he wants to come here.

Same with LMS and see what transfer fee Quins would require and whether he would want to come but surely an approach to LMS should only come when we look like an attractive club e.g. Quins are doing crap and we are back to normal doin fantastic under Kearney :wink:

Same with Lockyer, people criticise his defence but how tough is the NRL? He isn't Queensland 6 and Aus 6 for nothing and with Lockers and Gleeson either side of him I think he would do ok.

I am not overly convinced with Griffin, he has potential and takes the ball in hard with plenty aggression, I would take him on loan for the rest of the year and if he does well at a big club then offer him terms.

Also make an offer to Briscoe.

I believe with those players and Smith, Coley, Bailey, Phelps, Pryce (Loan), Flanagan (Loan), Prescott (Loan), Goulding (Loan). McIllorum (Month to month loan).
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:22 pm
Posted by cadoo on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:22 pm
cadoo User avatar
100% League Network Subsite
100% League Network Subsite

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:15 pm
Posts: 13741
We have won 7 games out of 17 matches so far this season.

Results included:

An injury plagued Wakefield side at home.
The team that finished second from bottom last season Hull FC away.
The team that finished bottom last season Castleford at home.
A moment of madness from Chad Randall to sneak a win against Harlequins away.
A smacking away at Leeds.
Huddersfield beating us convincingly at home.
Failing to take our chances against Stains at home.
A good hiding away at Catalans
Again failing to take our chances against Hull KR at home.
Almost slipping up against Barrow in the challenge cup.
Beat AGAIN against Warrington away.
Losing to the bottom placed side in super league who also had their injury problems and half the squad are made up of NL1 players - Celtic Crusaders.

Inconsistent results include:

Beating Saints at Murrayfield.
Beating Wakefield twice away.
Beating Celtic Crusaders at home.
Beating Salford 3 times this season.
Beating Bradford at home.
Just sneaking past Harlequins.

We have only won 3 games at home.


A shocking run of results really, absolutely terrible by the expectations of Wigan I would have thought and surely this would results in the sacking of the coach but evidently not.

Brian Noble does not even have the accolades of previous years (apart from the year he kept us up 2006). We have gotten worse since then in terms of results and IMO performances on the pitch.

The reason we are in the semi-finals of the challenge cup and have been in the semi-finals of super league is because in one off matches we are very good. The odd match every now and then we can win. But consistently week after week in the league we have been hopeless for the past three years. Not good enough.
Last edited by cadoo on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rugby Union: When entertainment just isn't your thing.
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:27 pm
Posted by post on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:27 pm
post User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 3971
http://www.superleague.co.uk/statistics_player.php?hs1=2009&hp1=2427&hs2=2009&hp2=2020&stat=tackle_busts&season=2009

I would bring in LMS to replace Prescott who would go out on loan and bring in Morley to replace Coley.

Fielden and Morley starting

LMS nad Palea'aesina impact. Ooooouch!
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:28 pm
Posted by RB on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:28 pm
RB Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:21 pm
Posts: 4235
cadoo wrote:
One off results include:

Beating Saints at Murrayfield.
Beating Wakefield twice away.
Beating Celtic Crusaders at home.
Beating Salford 3 times this season.
Beating Bradford at home.
Just sneaking past Harlequins.


How can you describe any of those 'one off results'. I would describe the loss to Celtic as a one off result.
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:35 pm
Posted by cadoo on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:35 pm
cadoo User avatar
100% League Network Subsite
100% League Network Subsite

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:15 pm
Posts: 13741
RB wrote:
How can you describe any of those 'one off results'. I would describe the loss to Celtic as a one off result.


Well they are hardly consistent are they?

How can you say Celtic is a one off results when we lost to Wakefield, Castleford, Huddersfield, Hull KR at home and Wire and Catalans away. All shocking performances.

It is quite consistent from Wigan.
Rugby Union: When entertainment just isn't your thing.
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:38 pm
Posted by Odem on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:38 pm
Odem User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:59 am
Posts: 12857
Location: Ashvegas/Coventry
cadoo wrote:
We have won 7 games out of 17 matches so far this season.

Results included:

An injury plagued Wakefield side at home.
The team that finished second from bottom last season Hull FC away.
The team that finished bottom last season Castleford at home.
A moment of madness from Chad Randall to sneak a win against Harlequins away.
A smacking away at Leeds.
Huddersfield beating us convincingly at home.
Failing to take our chances against Stains at home.
A good hiding away at Catalans
Again failing to take our chances against Hull KR at home.
Almost slipping up against Barrow in the challenge cup.
Beat AGAIN against Warrington away.
Losing to the bottom placed side in super league who also had their injury problems and half the squad are made up of NL1 players - Celtic Crusaders.

One off results include:

Beating Saints at Murrayfield.
Beating Wakefield twice away.
Beating Celtic Crusaders at home.
Beating Salford 3 times this season.
Beating Bradford at home.
Just sneaking past Harlequins.

We have only won 3 games at home.


A shocking run of results really, absolutely terrible by the expectations of Wigan I would have thought and surely this would results in the sacking of the coach but evidently not.

Brian Noble does not even have the accolades of previous years (apart from the year he kept us up 2006). We have gotten worse since then in terms of results and IMO performances on the pitch.

The reason we are in the semi-finals of the challenge cup and have been in the semi-finals of super league is because in one off matches we are very good. The odd match every now and then we can win. But consistently week after week in the league we have been hopeless for the past three years. Not good enough.


That does not make sense how can beating Wakefield twice away and Salford 3 times constitute 1 off results.

I see your points though and all these posts about Noble are really messing with my head in my opinion of Noble, all I can say is that this season has been really disapointing and I expect better as a Wigan fan, I would love for him to stay and be succesful but I really cannot see it atm, and IMO if he is offered a new contract with that run of results even if we do make the challenge cup final and win it or even go on a good run at the end of the season, we are not in a good place as a club because we should be doing better than we are, with this team. I am not sure I would complain if we had poor players but it's the fact that we have good players who have shown us what they can do at times by beating saints easily at murrayfield but overall we are not getting the best out of them. I still support Noble untill he leaves though, it's not up to us who stays or goes.
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot
Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good
-
sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league
-
Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate
-
the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever
-
Ande..on the TV i could only hear the Wigan fans with about 10 to go
-
Saint94..Every team is in your feckin shadow, we all know
-
FIOS
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:38 pm
Posted by RB on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:38 pm
RB Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:21 pm
Posts: 4235
cadoo wrote:
How can you say Celtic is a one off results when we lost to Wakefield, Castleford, Huddersfield, Hull KR at home and Wire and Catalans away. All shocking performances.


Because we beat them 44-10 at home and I doubt if we played them another 10 times we would lose again.
Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:42 pm
Posted by cadoo on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:42 pm
cadoo User avatar
100% League Network Subsite
100% League Network Subsite

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:15 pm
Posts: 13741
odemwingie wrote:
That does not make sense how can beating Wakefield twice away and Salford 3 times constitute 1 off results.

I see your points though and all these posts about Noble are really messing with my head in my opinion of Noble, all I can say is that this season has been really disapointing and I expect better as a Wigan fan, I would love for him to stay and be succesful but I really cannot see it atm, and IMO if he is offered a new contract with that run of results even if we do make the challenge cup final and win it or even go on a good run at the end of the season, we are not in a good place as a club because we should be doing better than we are, with this team. I am not sure I would complain if we had poor players but it's the fact that we have good players who have shown us what they can do at times by beating saints easily at murrayfield but overall we are not getting the best out of them. I still support Noble untill he leaves though, it's not up to us who stays or goes.


Okay the wording was put poorly. They weren't one off results but they weren't consistent. They are dotted out over the course of the season and it is annoying how one week we can put a brilliant performance (like the first 15-20 minutes of the Salford game) and then lose to Celtic Crusaders.

The semi-finals in the league have covered up the cracks of the side and I think honestly if you took out Trent Barrett we wouldn't have even been in the position to get close to Old Trafford. Even with him in truth we have well and truely been beaten by Leeds twice in the semi-final.

Catalans in the cup is the closest we can to a final and a sniff of a trophy but I don't put this down to us being a good side and Noble being a genius it is because on our day we can put in a one off performance and so subsequently we are a decent cup team.
Rugby Union: When entertainment just isn't your thing.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DaveO, moto748, Sweaty Betty's, wigginswarrior and 56 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com





POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,669,17775376,3834,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Fri 2nd Feb 19:30
SUPER LEAGUE
SALFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sat 10th Feb 08:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL FC
Sat 17th Feb
WCC
SOUTHS
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 23rd Feb 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WARRINGTON
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 2nd Mar 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
Sun 11th Mar 15:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 18th Mar 15:30
SUPER LEAGUE
CASTLEFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 23rd Mar 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 30th Mar 15:00
SUPER LEAGUE
ST. HELENS
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Mon 2nd Apr 15:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL KR
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM