WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Remove Sean o'loughlin of the captaincy.

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com Remove Sean o'loughlin of the captaincy.

Remove Sean o'loughlin of the captaincy.
Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:18 pm
Posted by wickedchef123 on Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:18 pm
wickedchef123 Stevo's Armpit

I think they should remove the captaincy from sean oloughlin, Sean is a cracking player on his day, but has no leadership on the pitch. To the likes of all past wigan captains. Instead whenever someone scores a try he stands behind the post with his hands on his hips. No control of the wigan team what so ever. Other wigan captains laid into the team when ever they did anything wrong. At the end of last season when barrett was captain wigan did a lot better because he was talking to them all of the time. Sean then would be able to work on his own game then.
You cannot take anything away from wakefield how well they played today with 8 first team players out, but why does sam tomkins not get a start?
Posted by Timmo on Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:19 pm
Timmo Stevo's Armpit

[quote="wickedchef123"]I think they should remove the captaincy from sean oloughlin, Sean is a cracking player on his day, but has no leadership on the pitch. To the likes of all past wigan captains. Instead whenever someone scores a try he stands behind the post with his hands on his hips. No control of the wigan team what so ever. Other wigan captains laid into the team when ever they did anything wrong. At the end of last season when barrett was captain wigan did a lot better because he was talking to them all of the time. Sean then would be able to work on his own game then.
You cannot take anything away from wakefield how well they played today with 8 first team players out, but why does sam tomkins not get a start?[/quote]

NO!! :P
Posted by Baked Bean Boogie on Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:24 pm
Baked Bean Boogie User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

wickedchef123 wrote:
I think they should remove the captaincy from sean oloughlin, Sean is a cracking player on his day, but has no leadership on the pitch. To the likes of all past wigan captains. Instead whenever someone scores a try he stands behind the post with his hands on his hips. No control of the wigan team what so ever. Other wigan captains laid into the team when ever they did anything wrong. At the end of last season when barrett was captain wigan did a lot better because he was talking to them all of the time. Sean then would be able to work on his own game then.
You cannot take anything away from wakefield how well they played today with 8 first team players out, but why does sam tomkins not get a start?

Pity he only has 3 of them a year, he is POO the sooner he goes from Wigan the better, 40 tackles a game does not make him Wigan standard
Canon EOS 60D, Canon EF 70-200mm F/4 L USM, Canon EF 50mm f1/8, Sigma10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DC HSM and that's how i roll

Judas Priest's Tyrant, better than anything The Killers, The Script & The Black Keys could ever come up with
Posted by Tricky Dicky on Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:25 pm
Tricky Dicky User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Baked Bean Boogie wrote:
Pity he only has 3 of them a year, he is POO the sooner he goes from Wigan the better, 40 tackles a game does not make him Wigan standard

Give over, he is one of our better players.

Today had nothing to do with him.
"We Need to start running hard and smashing people"

"We are going to be fitter than we have ever been"

"The Culture needs to Change"

"We need to be getting to Old Trafford and Wembley and winning games"

"We will be fitter than we have ever been"

"We will do contact like we have never done before"

"WE WILL DO THINGS THE WIGAN WAY"

SHAUN WANE 2009
Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:26 pm
Posted by Odem on Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:26 pm
Odem User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Lockers is a great player and would look fantastic in a better team, but he is no leader.

Fielden or Carmont for captain please.
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot
Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good
-
sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league
-
Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate
-
the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever
-
Ande..on the TV i could only hear the Wigan fans with about 10 to go
-
Saint94..Every team is in your feckin shadow, we all know
-
FIOS
Posted by Elle Coco on Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:26 pm
Elle Coco User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

I can't decide if this is a genuine thread or a joke thread? I'll go with joke thread.
Posted by RICHARD5LEGEND on Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:26 pm
RICHARD5LEGEND User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Think him and fielden should share it tbh, i remember last year when bailey and fielden shared it and it really fired fielden up. Would take some pressure off Lockers too.
Wigan Warriors 2010:

Super League Champions
League Leaders
Under 20's Champions
Club of The Year
Floodlit 9's Winners
Pat Richards: Man Of Steel
Sam Tomkins: Young Player of the Year
Michael Maguire: Coach of the Year

Wire_91 wrote:
its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:27 pm
Posted by Elle Coco on Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:27 pm
Elle Coco User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Mother Feka wrote:
Think him and fielden should share it tbh, i remember last year when bailey and fielden shared it and it really fired fielden up. Would take some pressure off Lockers too.

Apart from some dropped balls Lockers has been the best player throughout all friendlies and today's game - why on earth would we need to take the Captaincy off him / make him share it?
Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:29 pm
Posted by No1 Saint on Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:29 pm
No1 Saint User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Location: Back in the badlands of the metropolitan borough of Wigoon
Laura xxx wrote:
Apart from some dropped balls Lockers has been the best player throughout all friendlies and today's game - why on earth would we need to take the Captaincy off him / make him share it?

He isnt inspirational enough ? O'Loughlin is a top second rower but never a captain or a loose forward.
Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:30 pm
Posted by loyalwiganer on Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:30 pm
loyalwiganer Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

lockers is only an average player it's about time people accepted that.
Next