WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Got it done

Got it done

Post Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:59 pm
Jo Jumbuck Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

And although it may not have been a scintillating performance it was good enough to get us into S league next season, There was some great defense, and to be fair i thought Leigh gave it a good go, they never really looked like scoring other than the try from the kick " always a lottery " but they also defended quite well and they kept going to the end.
Another big game from Hinchcliffe among-st others, with nobody letting anyone down, they always looked comfortable to me, well done to them all including RS, also well done to the 3/4 hundred Leigh fans who turned up for a meaningless game for them.

Re: Got it done

Post Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:01 pm
Code13 100% League Network
100% League Network

Is it me or is Leeming the best 9 in Superleague?

Post Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:21 pm
HuddsRL5 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Leeming has been outstanding, him and McShane for me top two at moment. Parcell good too.

Good result, good defence, poor ref

Post Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:57 pm
jools User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Was their try even a try? We were across the other side. It it looked to me like the Leigh player who went for it in the air initially knocked it forward.
Our last tackle plays weren't great and some of our players need to step up when pushing the line- brough was inviting the tackles and looking to pass but our players were so slow coming into the ball we were giving their defence too much time.
Awesome in defence though- really can't fault that.
For me leeming MOM
the future's bright the future's claret and gold

Post Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:19 am
Alan Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

jools wrote:
Was their try even a try? We were across the other side. It it looked to me like the Leigh player who went for it in the air initially knocked it forward.
Our last tackle plays weren't great and some of our players need to step up when pushing the line- brough was inviting the tackles and looking to pass but our players were so slow coming into the ball we were giving their defence too much time.
Awesome in defence though- really can't fault that.
For me leeming MOM

Just seen the "highlights" and Adam Higson clearly looks to knock the ball forward for our try. However, the final pass to Cudjoe for his try was also forward.

Job well done - congratulations on doing very well to get out of a bad situation this season, and good luck in your '8's'. :thumb:

Post Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:08 am
GIANT DAZ User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Code13 wrote:

I asked that question on a topic on the virtual terrace a couple of weeks ago, he's certainly up there with McShane in what he does for his team.
"Time has no respect for man's vanity, We hold the keys, we are the caretakers of insanity"

//adf.ly/1gMQkx

Rick Stone's Claret Gold Army ....

Post Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:27 am
jools User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Lots have compared him to a young Lunt- I personally think he's much better- his passing isn't always as inch perfect as lunts but it's good, he has great vision and always chooses the right option. Some of the things he does are so smart. He has a much better running game and a decent kicking game - something missing from Lunt.
the future's bright the future's claret and gold

Post Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:42 am
raceman User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Alan wrote:
Just seen the "highlights" and Adam Higson clearly looks to knock the ball forward for our try. However, the final pass to Cudjoe for his try was also forward.

Job well done - congratulations on doing very well to get out of a bad situation this season, and good luck in your '8's'. :thumb:

Nice one Alan cheers. And for what it's worth I cannot understand how Widnes beat you the other week because over the last 2 games of ours you were clearly much better than Widnes and will be ok in the middle 8's. Widnes and KR for the MPG game.
This will be our year......................................................Hopefully!
But maybe not with child running amock.

Post Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:56 am
AntonyGiant Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Well done to Rick Stone and his team. Our season objective is surely complete.
We now have plenty of games to work hard on anything we want to carry into next season.
Look deep into recruitment and extending contracts to those who are up for taking us one step further.

I honestly had my doubts, especially after the Swinton game but it's a rare occasion that a coach can fight his way back to becoming respected.

Certainly feels like we have a settled, happy camp now. Roll on the rest of the season. Let's give that top 4 a scare!

Post Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:00 am
AntonyGiant Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Code13 wrote:

There's better 9's in super league, but none which are on as much form. He's certainly got the potential to be the best. He's done a lot for us staying up and dragging us up the table.
Big burden on young shoulders. Well done Leeming. Certainly a player to build a team around in my opinion.
Next