WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Just let's get it done......

Board index Super League Huddersfield Giants - claretandgold.co.uk Just let's get it done......

Just let's get it done......
Post Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:14 am
Posted by fartown since 1961 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:14 am
fartown since 1961 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

There's been lots of talk, an improvement in performance, yet more injuries but our fate remains firmly in our own hands.

Ironically one of our nemesis's Warrington are once again stood in the way and when it's mattered, the cup final and play off semi final they have always found a way to topple us.

But tonight it's purely down to us, home against the leagues bottom team and If we keep our game at the recent levels when playing at home, we should win even the bookies give Leigh a 14pt start.

Should even be a half decent crowd what can go wrong ?

Well over the years the important games have been our achilles heel and tonight's is very important so please no panic, no miracle plays let's just get stuck in on the back of what's recently being a strong pack and just get the win.

Anything from a 1pt victory works for me the sight of Danny Brough kicking them to death and a strong chase please let's complete and do the simple stuff right.

Yes I would like to see a good top 8 run but I'd honestly take eighth place and consider our season a decent one on the back of where we were and the injuries we've had.

As I said at the beginning just let's get it done..........
Re: Just let's get it done......
Post Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:32 am
Posted by jools on Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:32 am
jools User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Let's get it done and get 7th! Then let's push for top 4. Settling for less has been a problem for us as a club.
the future's bright the future's claret and gold
Post Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:48 am
Posted by Code13 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:48 am
Code13 100% League Network
100% League Network

Exactly
It's still in our hands
But we can now push into 7th spot, and be a dark horse for the top 4
Post Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:14 am
Posted by Unbeliever on Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:14 am
Unbeliever User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

I don't think anyone should underestimate how tough the game will be tonight as they've destroyed us the last twice but everyone would have taken this position only 7 or 8 rounds ago. Ironically, Ridyard is the player we'll really miss but we should go in to the game with plenty of confidence.

Let's hope there's a big turn out and it's nice and loud tonight. COYG!
Post Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:00 am
Posted by Kartboy on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:00 am
Kartboy Stevo's Armpit

When we played them in the middle 8s last year they were awful we was just even worse. This year the was still on the high of getting promoted. i would be disappointed if we didn't win by 30+ tonight
Post Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:34 am
Posted by Jo Jumbuck on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:34 am
Jo Jumbuck Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

The so called easier games are the ones we normally lose , we do not want to think this is going to be easy. I agree with jools we need to get out of this " settling for less attitude " if that goes on long enough you begin to feel you are not supposed to win anything.

We should be giving it our best shot and fielding our strongest possible side right to the end of the season, otherwise what's the point of turning up , we may as well just concede the games
Post Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:18 pm
Posted by brearley84 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:18 pm
brearley84 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Unbeliever wrote:
I don't think anyone should underestimate how tough the game will be tonight as they've destroyed us the last twice but everyone would have taken this position only 7 or 8 rounds ago. Ironically, Ridyard is the player we'll really miss but we should go in to the game with plenty of confidence.

Let's hope there's a big turn out and it's nice and loud tonight. COYG!

this! need to get behind the boys, last week was also a big game but the crowd werent up for it because it wasnt leeds/wigan.

huge match and we need to be cheering the lads big time.

warrington nemesis? we out that to bed a while ago and we beat them in the play offs i remember well with cudjoe scoring at the death.

its seems leigh could be the nemesis, beat us last season in the middle 8's, stuffed us in the league and now trying to confine us again to join them :FRUSRATED:

it could all be oh so sweet though tonight that if we do beat them im happy it over them to settle the score abit.
HUDDERSFIELD
-
THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE