Posted by Alan on Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:39 am
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 29
Rep Position: 8th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Here's the 'trade press' slant on things:-

http://www.totalrl.com/exclusive-leigh- ... ber-wages/

Of course, we shouldn't always believe what we read in the press, but in the absence of the club saying anything..........
Re: Non-Payment of Wages
Post Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:40 am
Posted by mish on Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:40 am
mish User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,307

And where's Mike Latham in this mess he's helped to create? He was writing more lengthy press releases than you could shake a stick at in the good times, shouldn't he be trying to steady the ship by at least asking the fans to 'stick with it', or is he abandoning his post too?
Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
George Orwell

There are none so blind as those who will not see.
Post Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:14 am
Posted by Alan on Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:14 am
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

mish wrote:
And where's Mike Latham in this mess he's helped to create? He was writing more lengthy press releases than you could shake a stick at in the good times, shouldn't he be trying to steady the ship by at least asking the fans to 'stick with it', or is he abandoning his post too?

Maybe Mike can only say what he's told he can say?
Post Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:19 am
Posted by EVO105 on Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:19 am
EVO105 User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,307

going back in time to the late nineties when players insurance hadn't been paid and operations cancelled while players where in the ops rooms
Post Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:28 am
Posted by charlie caroli on Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:28 am
charlie caroli User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 26
Rep Position: 10th / 77,307

Alan wrote:
Maybe Mike can only say what he's told he can say?

Alan, Mike Latham is the Chairman :shock: I must admit I laughed when he was appointed,as a person a very nice guy, as a Journalist and writer, very talented, but a Chairman :shock: ,I think he still guests on the TV show Pointless,a lot of folk applauded his appointment, not me, just a guy doing as he was told.

All these reports keep coming out yet the news from the Club is deafening,how will we ever attract players to sign for us with our record?I've heard stories of forfeiting the Fev game on Sunday, surely this won't happen, will it?Cmon Leigh , tell us something,the Fans are so important to a Club. Yet Leigh Centurions ignore us.
Post Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:46 am
Posted by Markypants on Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:46 am
Markypants Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

If he hadn't hired the helicopter those players might , just might have got paid something . Easy come easy go !!
Post Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:14 pm
Posted by Alan on Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:14 pm
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

charlie caroli wrote:
Alan, Mike Latham is the Chairman :shock: I must admit I laughed when he was appointed,as a person a very nice guy, as a Journalist and writer, very talented, but a Chairman :shock: ,I think he still guests on the TV show Pointless,a lot of folk applauded his appointment, not me, just a guy doing as he was told.

All these reports keep coming out yet the news from the Club is deafening,how will we ever attract players to sign for us with our record?I've heard stories of forfeiting the Fev game on Sunday, surely this won't happen, will it?Cmon Leigh , tell us something,the Fans are so important to a Club. Yet Leigh Centurions ignore us.

The irony to all this is that Mike is a fantastic communicator, Ian - both through the written and spoken words. However, like any good media personality, he is only as good as his script. When he isn't writing that script, and his head 'scriptwriter' chooses not to write one, we get the 'Sounds of Silence' - "Hello darkness, my old friend........!"(apologies to Simon & Garfunkel :wink: )
Post Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:20 pm
Posted by EVO105 on Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:20 pm
EVO105 User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,307

Too many apologists on here
Post Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:15 pm
Posted by charlie caroli on Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:15 pm
charlie caroli User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 26
Rep Position: 10th / 77,307

Alan wrote:
The irony to all this is that Mike is a fantastic communicator, Ian - both through the written and spoken words. However, like any good media personality, he is only as good as his script. When he isn't writing that script, and his head 'scriptwriter' chooses not to write one, we get the 'Sounds of Silence' - "Hello darkness, my old friend........!"(apologies to Simon & Garfunkel :wink: )

Alan, I've already stated Mike talents, however as far as I know he is still Chairman, but in what capacity?If Derek walks will he stay?What about the other guy ie Steve Openshaw?Are we about to see a clear out?I presumed current contracts end in October but when?So many questions,there is more info coming out of North Korea,Kim Jong could be ready to take over.
Post Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:40 pm
Posted by mish on Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:40 pm
mish User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,307

So the statement is now out and at least they've gone to some length to try and explain the situation but it still reads as though it's everyone's fault but their own. Granted there's an apology at the end but they still don't seem to have taken any real ownership of blame.
Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
George Orwell

There are none so blind as those who will not see.
Next