WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Is NO news GOOD NEWS ?

Board index Championship Eights Leigh Centurions Is NO news GOOD NEWS ?

Is NO news GOOD NEWS ?
Post Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:28 pm
Posted by Ste100Centurions on Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:28 pm
Ste100Centurions Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 15
Rep Position: 20th / 77,216

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:17 pm
Posts: 1961
Or the very worst kind of news ?
Re: Is NO news GOOD NEWS ?
Post Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:33 am
Posted by Montyburns on Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:33 am
Montyburns Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 22nd / 77,216

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:13 pm
Posts: 769
Was in the big room after the game and the phrase that kept getting said was we had a bad week behind the scenes but there was a silver lining because the group of lads that’s left are willing to play for each other and you can tell this on the field it’s a shame the lads did not want to play for each other during the season it’s took something drastic for us to stand together. Just get to end of season and hopefully win silverware and then evaluate our situation then
Re: Is NO news GOOD NEWS ?
Post Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:42 am
Posted by ColD on Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:42 am
ColD Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,216

Quiz Score: 84

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:23 am
Posts: 6148
Location: Just Behind Parksides Club
Montyburns wrote:
Was in the big room after the game and the phrase that kept getting said was we had a bad week behind the scenes but there was a silver lining because the group of lads that’s left are willing to play for each other and you can tell this on the field it’s a shame the lads did not want to play for each other during the season it’s took something drastic for us to stand together. Just get to end of season and hopefully win silverware and then evaluate our situation then


Well I beg to differ slightly
Of course fantastic to see the way the current group are standing together, but apart from those first few games I reckon that team gelled pretty darn well

At the beginning of the season I think we all took things for granted, even as a mere fan I was thinking ahead to the M8's before a ball was kicked - just shows what sports all about doesn't it
Onwards and upwards - LTID
Re: Is NO news GOOD NEWS ?
Post Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:55 am
Posted by Harry Stottle on Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:55 am
Harry Stottle Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,216

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:28 am
Posts: 233
Montyburns wrote:
Was in the big room after the game and the phrase that kept getting said was we had a bad week behind the scenes but there was a silver lining because the group of lads that’s left are willing to play for each other and you can tell this on the field it’s a shame the lads did not want to play for each other during the season it’s took something drastic for us to stand together. Just get to end of season and hopefully win silverware and then evaluate our situation then

We will not be evaluating anything come the end of the season, by that time I would hope we all know what fate awaits us in 2019, barring any 'Angel' with bigger pockets than sense turning up the future is not looking to rosy.
Before I am accused of being a doom and gloom merchant look at the facts, Our owner and main benefactor has found the situation untenable in so much that he cannot afford to bankroll the club any longer, the central funding we will be awarded will hardly pay the salaries of those still contracted within the club should they hold out for their contracts to be honoured saving voluntarily leaving, will other clubs give them jobs out of season, doubt it, they like all of us have to live. Could we even pay the rent for playing out of the LSV?

Question, Is administration even an option, what assests are tangable enough that the club owns for an appointed officer to satsfy any creditors? That being the case without Derek or some other financier is liquidation i.e. the winding up of the company the only other option open, whereby we would have no club, no players, no staff, no home or ground, nothing. Could someone with a broader knowledge of these situations please clarify and quantify these two options, and any other pathways or solutions available to the club.

What I really want is statement from the players when this comes to a head one way or another about what really went on in those first couple of months of this season, was there an underlying message in their collective performances or where they just not good enough?
Re: Is NO news GOOD NEWS ?
Post Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:59 am
Posted by Harry Stottle on Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:59 am
Harry Stottle Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,216

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:28 am
Posts: 233
ColD wrote:
Well I beg to differ slightly
Of course fantastic to see the way the current group are standing together, but apart from those first few games I reckon that team gelled pretty darn well

At the beginning of the season I think we all took things for granted, even as a mere fan I was thinking ahead to the M8's before a ball was kicked - just shows what sports all about doesn't it


Did those players new to the club consider they were on an easy ride with the fans?
I remember all to well the first game of the season against Toronto, great start 12 nil to the good then easily caputualted and were well beaten. My prefered viewing position is at the very top on the North Stand, at the conclusion of the game on decending the terraces I could not believe how many people were happy enough with that completely lack lustre performance with seemingly not enough effort on display that they were actually applauding and giving the team a rapturous ovation when the players walked to that end of the field, perhaps if some derision had been displayed from the fans with a strong message of "not good enough" instead of the mollycoddling overprotection they awarded them a different attitude may have been forthcoming, unless they simply were not good enough.
Re: Is NO news GOOD NEWS ?
Post Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:20 am
Posted by Ste100Centurions on Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:20 am
Ste100Centurions Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 15
Rep Position: 20th / 77,216

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:17 pm
Posts: 1961
Harry Stottle wrote:
What I really want is statement from the players when this comes to a head one way or another about what really went on in those first couple of months of this season, was there an underlying message in their collective performances or where they just not good enough?

Most likely in my opinion is that the players were of a much higher standard than the Head Coach, a Head Coach who really for all intent & purpose was an Assistant Coach to KC & they did not like or want to play for those 2 in the way they were being forced to, of course I could be way off the mark but somehow I think not.
Re: Is NO news GOOD NEWS ?
Post Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:51 am
Posted by LeythIg on Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:51 am
LeythIg Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 22nd / 77,216

Quiz Score: 16

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:09 pm
Posts: 2188
Location: Landan
ColD wrote:
Well I beg to differ slightly
Of course fantastic to see the way the current group are standing together, but apart from those first few games I reckon that team gelled pretty darn well

At the beginning of the season I think we all took things for granted, even as a mere fan I was thinking ahead to the M8's before a ball was kicked - just shows what sports all about doesn't it


The team gelled well for a spell of around 10 games or so between the first cup game and blackpool. After Blackpool there was a drop off, even in games we won. This is why we didn't come close to overhauling points difference from Fev, London and Toulouse.

I think the Barrow game is a prime example. We won 38-0. I think the full time would've probably won something like 50-24. Two or three players that left weren't interested in defending when things were going against them.
Re: Is NO news GOOD NEWS ?
Post Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:10 am
Posted by Centurino on Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:10 am
Centurino User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,216

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:44 am
Posts: 257
Ste100Centurions wrote:
Most likely in my opinion is that the players were of a much higher standard than the Head Coach, a Head Coach who really for all intent & purpose was an Assistant Coach to KC & they did not like or want to play for those 2 in the way they were being forced to, of course I could be way off the mark but somehow I think not.


Pretty much sums it up. Wonder how Jukes feels now seeing the Catalans Dragons 6 and 7 (squad # 6 and 33) in a Challenge Cup final. What a missed opportunity with these 2.
Re: Is NO news GOOD NEWS ?
Post Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:07 am
Posted by Harry Stottle on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:07 am
Harry Stottle Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,216

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:28 am
Posts: 233
Centurino wrote:
Pretty much sums it up. Wonder how Jukes feels now seeing the Catalans Dragons 6 and 7 (squad # 6 and 33) in a Challenge Cup final. What a missed opportunity with these 2.

To be fair, this is a very different Josh Drinkwater than the one at Leigh, he actually looks interested in performing his skills either he couldn't be bothered when he was with us or he is simply surrounded by much better players now, as for Langi apart from his debut game at Warrington when he was totally pants he never pur a foot wrong after, in fact in those games he played he proved to be one of our better players in my opinion.

But still Jukes and Cunningham are the reasons they are not with us.
Re: Is NO news GOOD NEWS ?
Post Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:17 am
Posted by charlie caroli on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:17 am
charlie caroli User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 26
Rep Position: 10th / 77,216

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:34 am
Posts: 12276
Location: blackpool tower circus
Harry Stottle wrote:
To be fair, this is a very different Josh Drinkwater than the one at Leigh, he actually looks interested in performing his skills either he couldn't be bothered when he was with us or he is simply surrounded by much better players now, as for Langi apart from his debut game at Warrington when he was totally pants he never pur a foot wrong after, in fact in those games he played he proved to be one of our better players in my opinion.

But still Jukes and Cunningham are the reasons they are not with us.

Ahhhh,Neil Jukes he was to Coaching rugby that Paul o Grady is to playing it,even Rose Bridge let him go.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Harry Stottle, Zulu01 and 92 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Leigh Centurions


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,795,8261,10577,2164,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 10:40
NRL
MELBOURNE STORM
v
CRONULLA
TODAY 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
CASTLEFORD
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 23rd Sep 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LEIGH
v
BATLEY BULLDOGS
Sun 30th Sep 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
LEIGH
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






22