WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Happy new year

Board index Championship Leigh Centurions Happy new year

Happy new year
Post Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:24 am
Posted by Leythersteve on Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:24 am
Leythersteve Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 15th / 76,462

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:22 pm
Posts: 429
Whether your from Lancs York's Cumbria London Wales Or Toronto in fact I hope you all have a happy and healthy new year
Re: Happy new year
Post Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:03 am
Posted by Bent&Bongser on Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:03 am
Bent&Bongser User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 17th / 76,462

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:10 am
Posts: 1263
Location: Here (But Only for the Beer)
...and here's to you and yours, Steve. Bring next season on - with a helluvan opening game.

Bongser echoes (echoes, echoes...) all the above! :thumb:
Re: Happy new year
Post Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:35 am
Posted by Vancouver Leyther on Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:35 am
Vancouver Leyther User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:13 pm
Posts: 2847
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Leythersteve wrote:
Whether your from Lancs York's Cumbria London Wales Or Toronto in fact I hope you all have a happy and healthy new year


Hey, don't forget the Vancouver Leythers. We area small but passionate bunch :wink:
To Leythers everywhere, and to all rugby league fans far and wide, but especially in Leyth, Happy New Year (in 6.5 hours 8) )
This season is going to be a cracker !
I watch every game on DVD (thanks Fred) but it will never beat being behind the sticks.
"Come On You Leigh !"
Re: Happy new year
Post Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:55 am
Posted by kiwileyther on Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:55 am
kiwileyther Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:58 am
Posts: 216
Location: wairarapa New Zealand
Just over 4 hours left of new years day here in new Zealand. Happy new year to everyone, where ever you are. Not long to wait now Leythers for that first game. :DANCE:
Re: Happy new year
Post Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:29 am
Posted by Leythersteve on Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:29 am
Leythersteve Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 15th / 76,462

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:22 pm
Posts: 429
Sorry to anyone missed in my original message. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL FANS NEAR AND FAR looking forward to getting back into.the new season. Can't wait
Re: Happy new year
Post Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:09 pm
Posted by charlie caroli on Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:09 pm
charlie caroli User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 16th / 76,462

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:34 am
Posts: 11785
Location: blackpool tower circus
Leythersteve wrote:
Whether your from Lancs York's Cumbria London Wales Or Toronto in fact I hope you all have a happy and healthy new year

I echo everything Ste says, but include our friends in Vancouver :thumb: ,2017 wasn't a good year for me personally, losing 3 very good friends, and having a few health problems, however I'm hoping 2018 will be much better, the Carolis are awaiting the birth of our first Grandson, due any day now,and I'm feeling very positive.
I was glad the 2017 was over, but now after a team overhaul by Derek, KC, and Jukesy, I can wait, season ticket bought a few weeks ago bring it on.Finally a Happy New Year to ALL Clowns out there,can't wait for the Blackpool Bash,should be very good.Charlie knows. :thumb:
Re: Happy new year
Post Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:02 pm
Posted by Leythersteve on Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:02 pm
Leythersteve Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 15th / 76,462

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:22 pm
Posts: 429
Well Charlie, it's always nice to remember absent friends. And i'm sure you've raised a glass or two Now you can look forward to your new grandson. Congratulations by the way, and then the upcoming season which should be a cracker for us Leythers, and the teturn of the Blackpool bash. Come onon Leythers. Steve knows
Re: Happy new year
Post Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:08 pm
Posted by charlie caroli on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:08 pm
charlie caroli User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 16th / 76,462

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:34 am
Posts: 11785
Location: blackpool tower circus
e
Leythersteve wrote:
Well Charlie, it's always nice to remember absent friends. And i'm sure you've raised a glass or two Now you can look forward to your new grandson. Congratulations by the way, and then the upcoming season which should be a cracker for us Leythers, and the teturn of the Blackpool bash. Come onon Leythers. Steve knows

Right on Steve. :thumb:
Re: Happy new year
Post Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:57 pm
Posted by Vancouver Leyther on Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:57 pm
Vancouver Leyther User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:13 pm
Posts: 2847
Location: Vancouver, Canada
All the best Steve.
I’m with you on 2017 not being my best year Charlie. But the Vancouver Leythers family rung in 2018 with a Leyther theme and a homage to our UK family. We all went down to the Polar Bear Swim. My one son wore his Grandads Leigh shirt (he passed in Early April) the one with the names surrounding the number area on the back. His name is on there (Alan Fayle). Miss you Dad.
I wore the matching shirt I have, my other son wore his Grandads Leyth tee shirt that was given to season ticket holders a year or so ago by Derek. My daughter wore one of my eldest sons Royal Marines tee shirts. He lives in the UK.
We all ran in and all made it out to the bell in the bay and then walked back into shore together. My Dad, my eldest son and Leigh Centurions were represented :ROCKS:
A toast to all the loved ones lost in 2017 :CHEERS:
2018 is our year Leythers :D
I watch every game on DVD (thanks Fred) but it will never beat being behind the sticks.
"Come On You Leigh !"
Re: Happy new year
Post Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:34 am
Posted by Bent&Bongser on Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:34 am
Bent&Bongser User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 17th / 76,462

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:10 am
Posts: 1263
Location: Here (But Only for the Beer)
Vancouver Leyther wrote:
All the best Steve.
I’m with you on 2017 not being my best year Charlie. But the Vancouver Leythers family rung in 2018 with a Leyther theme and a homage to our UK family. We all went down to the Polar Bear Swim. My one son wore his Grandads Leigh shirt (he passed in Early April) the one with the names surrounding the number area on the back. His name is on there (Alan Fayle). Miss you Dad.
I wore the matching shirt I have, my other son wore his Grandads Leyth tee shirt that was given to season ticket holders a year or so ago by Derek. My daughter wore one of my eldest sons Royal Marines tee shirts. He lives in the UK.
We all ran in and all made it out to the bell in the bay and then walked back into shore together. My Dad, my eldest son and Leigh Centurions were represented :ROCKS:
A toast to all the loved ones lost in 2017 :CHEERS:
2018 is our year Leythers :D


HNY VL - though with the time difference you may have been back at work for three and a half weeks by now.
Bongser thought that he was going to play a blinder for you by recalling that the early C19 Royal Marines wore red and white hooped shirts on deck (he thinks that he read it in a Sharpe novel - Sharpe's Trafalgar? - some years ago) but Wiki doesn't agree. BOO!

It's the thought and failing memory that counts though, eh?

All the best :thumb:
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Genehunt, Leythersteve and 67 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Leigh Centurions





POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,678,2671,01876,4624,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sun 4th Feb 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LEIGH
v
TORONTO
Sun 11th Feb 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LEIGH
v
BATLEY BULLDOGS
Sun 18th Feb 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
BARROW RAIDERS
v
LEIGH
Sun 25th Feb 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LEIGH
v
TOULOUSE
Sun 4th Mar 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LEIGH
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sun 11th Mar 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
HALIFAX
v
LEIGH
Sun 25th Mar 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LEIGH
v
DEWSBURY RAMS
Fri 30th Mar 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
SWINTON LIONS
v
LEIGH
Mon 2nd Apr 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LEIGH
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 8th Apr 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LEIGH
v
ROCHDALE
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM