WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Million pound Game at leigh?

Board index Super 8s - Qualifiers Leigh Centurions Million pound Game at leigh?

Million pound Game at leigh?
Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:23 pm
jon_t User avatar
Strong-running second rower

Looking at the remaining fixtures and the points difference for and against ,I think Catalans ,Leigh and Widnes will all finish on 8 points and Leigh will get the home tie against Catalans as our points difference is 40 better than Catalans at the moment and will only get better where I think Cat will get worse ,Widnes points difference is way ahead of us ,so I predict Widnes will finish 3rd ,Leigh 4th, Cat 5th so if I read it right we get the home tie in the Million Pound Game and will win and stay up :D
WARRINGTON BASED WESTLEYTHER
"GET SOME DUMPLIN'S IN YA LOBBY"
Re: Million pound Game at leigh?
Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:47 pm
Alan Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

jon_t wrote:
Looking at the remaining fixtures and the points difference for and against ,I think Catalans ,Leigh and Widnes will all finish on 8 points and Leigh will get the home tie against Catalans as our points difference is 40 better than Catalans at the moment and will only get better where I think Cat will get worse ,Widnes points difference is way ahead of us ,so I predict Widnes will finish 3rd ,Leigh 4th, Cat 5th so if I read it right we get the home tie in the Million Pound Game and will win and stay up :D

Where have you read that then 'jon-t'? :wink:
Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:13 pm
Brian Wood Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

One thing the Qualifiers have proved is that assumptions are very risky. London will be very difficult away from home, especially on a Friday night with probably little away support. However the biggest "if" is how HKR will perform against Catalans. After five pretty close matches they could, understandably, be less focused on Friday. We desperately need them to beat the Cats. Then, even if the Cats beat Widnes we should finish above them. Of course this assumes we will win our last two games and, as someone once said, assumptions are risky!
Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:31 pm
rover 2000 Strong-running second rower

you should keep an eye out for our squad for Friday, but motivation is a little more difficult in these situations, however if mr sheens makes several changes its still a chance for the squad members to impress him , they can also play more expansive knowing the jobs done,catalans have all the pressure but I think they will beat us for what its worth
MIKE SMITH- THE BEST CENTRE HULL HAS EVER MADE!
Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:34 pm
Salty mouse Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

I agree it's hard to get the players up for this one with a few rested /missing too. Expect a catalan win tbh.
Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:53 pm
kirkhall User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

rover 2000 wrote:
you should keep an eye out for our squad for Friday, but motivation is a little more difficult in these situations, however if mr sheens makes several changes its still a chance for the squad members to impress him , they can also play more expansive knowing the jobs done,catalans have all the pressure but I think they will beat us for what its worth

I thought you'd lose this fixture anyhow however, I thought you'd lose to us, Widnes and Wire :D
Well done enjoy your return :wink:
Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:40 pm
Bigtimeleigh Stevo's Armpit

jon_t wrote:

So many "if and buts" windes could loose to London then cats and we win ours and we are up! we could better fax and London and go up on point difference! Could and most likely will be at home to cats in the MPG, assuming that KR will beat them or they loose to windes, which could go either way. One thing is for sure, come this time next week all will be a lot clearer as to where we may stand! Win our games is all we can do and hope results go our way! Even a point on Saturday against wolves would have been a god send, but also would have beating either KR or windes at home, but who likes doing things the easy way..... keep the faith :D
Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:56 pm
Peter Kay User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Bigtimeleigh wrote:
So many "if and buts" windes could loose to London then cats and we win ours and we are up! we could better fax and London and go up on point difference! Could and most likely will be at home to cats in the MPG, assuming that KR will beat them or they loose to windes, which could go either way. One thing is for sure, come this time next week all will be a lot clearer as to where we may stand! Win our games is all we can do and hope results go our way! Even a point on Saturday against wolves would have been a god send, but also would have beating either KR or windes at home, but who likes doing things the easy way..... keep the faith :D

Only time will tell! Exciting times, but nervous times.
Leigh to win challenge cup before 2020
Leigh to reach Grand Final by 2022

Derek to get a queens honour (mbe) by 2025

Oh Leigh oh Leigh oh Leigh

//www.tipsterste.fabpage.com/

[quote="Michael_Ward"]Ricky Bibey = cack.

He's no good - the lad is huge but couldn't bust through a wet paper bag. He was crap at Wigan, he was crap here, and christ knows why Saints then signed him. Predictably, he was crap there as well.

He's now where he belongs, in NL1.[/quote]
Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:17 pm
Ste100Centurions Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

What date is the MPG ?
Might need to book leave .....
Just in case !
Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:25 pm
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Don't think you'll find a date until we know who's in it,and were it's being played.
Next