WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Kr and Wire
Kr and Wire
Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:14 am
Posted by Leythersteve on Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:14 am
Leythersteve Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:22 pm
Posts: 417
They can relax now, job done. Both have to play Cats, so could make it really difficult for us if they ease off now
Re: Kr and Wire
Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:18 am
Posted by atomic on Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:18 am
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 4324
Wire could of eased off for today's match.. Did they?
Doesn't every team play to win?
Image
Re: Kr and Wire
Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:53 am
Posted by joanne callotte on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:53 am
joanne callotte Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 4:53 pm
Posts: 8750
Leythersteve wrote:
They can relax now, job done. Both have to play Cats, so could make it really difficult for us if they ease off now

NO they don't, Wire played them in Round 2.
Re: Kr and Wire
Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:47 am
Posted by Keiththered on Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:47 am
Keiththered Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:46 am
Posts: 681
atomic wrote:
Wire could of eased off for today's match.. Did they?
Doesn't every team play to win?


Yes, the next target is to beat Cats. Hopefully our last match will be a decider to see who can remain undefeated.

No team or individual coached by Tim Sheens will be allowed to not give 100%
Re: Kr and Wire
Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:49 am
Posted by kiwileyther on Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:49 am
kiwileyther Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:58 am
Posts: 214
Having just watched cats v fev, cats wont win again. So for me its us and widnes for third spot with points difference being a big advantage to who gets third spot. I think we will worst case finish fourth with cats fifth playing million pound game at home. Taking into consideration both halves for cats moving on next season. Keep walsh quiet we WIN that game.
Re: Kr and Wire
Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:17 am
Posted by ColD on Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:17 am
ColD Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:23 am
Posts: 5737
Location: Just Behind Parksides Club
kiwileyther wrote:
Having just watched cats v fev, cats wont win again. So for me its us and widnes for third spot with points difference being a big advantage to who gets third spot. I think we will worst case finish fourth with cats fifth playing million pound game at home. Taking into consideration both halves for cats moving on next season. Keep walsh quiet we WIN that game.


Well looking a Cats last few games that have been on tv Myler has already gone :D

No doubt this will come back and bite me on th arris but I have never seen a half so anonymous
Onwards and upwards - LTID
Re: Kr and Wire
Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:49 am
Posted by Harry Stottle on Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:49 am
Harry Stottle Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:28 am
Posts: 102
It's a bit tongue in cheek talking about what other clubs intend to do or not to do in their remainig fixtures, it is no one's fault only our own that we are in the situation we find ourselves in, were simply not good enough in the games we lost, end off, no further discussion required.
We have it all to do just to make the MPG, we just lost to Wire but so to did Fax and London, pretty even teams all three if you ask me.
Re: Kr and Wire
Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:36 pm
Posted by hezza1969 on Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:36 pm
hezza1969 Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:05 pm
Posts: 57
Harry Stottle wrote:
It's a bit tongue in cheek talking about what other clubs intend to do or not to do in their remainig fixtures, it is no one's fault only our own that we are in the situation we find ourselves in, were simply not good enough in the games we lost, end off, no further discussion required.
We have it all to do just to make the MPG, we just lost to Wire but so to did Fax and London, pretty even teams all three if you ask me.


I think the qualifiers have reflected your season perfectly. Some very good performances (Cats) with a win, some good performances with a loss (Wire) and then some poor games (Widnes and Rovers) with a loss. The difference as we (Hull KR) have found is that in the Championship you can get away with an off day, against SL sides this is not possible.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.
Re: Kr and Wire
Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:43 pm
Posted by Alan on Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:43 pm
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 10095
Location: Back in Lancashire
kiwileyther wrote:
Having just watched cats v fev, cats wont win again. So for me its us and widnes for third spot with points difference being a big advantage to who gets third spot. I think we will worst case finish fourth with cats fifth playing million pound game at home. Taking into consideration both halves for cats moving on next season. Keep walsh quiet we WIN that game.


We will still have our work cut out to beat 'Fax, and more so London Broncos, away. One of our big problems has been inconsistency, with a good performance being followed by a bad one. Yesterday we played well, so............................!

Also we seem to have very little leeway over team selection now, especially if players are 'unavailable' for whatever reason!
Re: Kr and Wire
Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:50 pm
Posted by JENKY on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:50 pm
JENKY User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2002 10:28 pm
Posts: 4952
Location: At the seaside
Need to go all funs blazing for the remaining fixtures as we need momentum, build on yesterdays performance.
We need to show we are not just '1 week wonders' and back up yesterdays efforts with similar effort against Halifax and London (2 teams who will be well fired up and see us as a potential easy victory).
A few twists and turns to go yet.
Mines a pint...

'Hi-Ho Silver Lining'
Headingley 05th October 2014.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Hampo, Montyburns, scrum and 138 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Leigh Centurions





POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,662,7971,60376,3474,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
 Full Time 
World Cup: Quarter Final
AUSTRALIA
46-0
SAMOA
TOMORROW 04:00
World Cup: Quarter Final
TONGA
v
LEBANON
TOMORROW 06:30
World Cup: Quarter Final
NEW ZEALAND
v
FIJI
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM