WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Now what
Now what
Post Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:46 pm
Posted by Cokey on Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:46 pm
Cokey User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 11th / 76,390

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:58 pm
Posts: 3261
Location: LEYTH
So was this unacceptable today?

To right it was.
Image Image Image
Re: Now what
Post Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:53 pm
Posted by Montyburns on Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:53 pm
Montyburns Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 10th / 76,390

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:13 pm
Posts: 425
It was not the sign of a team fighting for survival. Hull kr stuck to the same game plan as they did in challange cup completed sets good kicks and waited for us to make mistakes start giving penalties away. We always go back to giving penalties away when we are up against it that's why we are in the position we are all season it's been the same old story. I thought after two good wins against Salford and fev we would of been firing on all cylinders but we back to square one after today's performance we going to struggle next week with this attitude I hope I'm wrong
Re: Now what
Post Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:56 pm
Posted by GUBRATS on Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:56 pm
GUBRATS User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:35 pm
Posts: 1757
The only thing unacceptable was us going for two when leading by 2 , stupid decision , you hand the opposition a huge amount of confidence
snaivooladniv eht fo thgim eht eraweb
Re: Now what
Post Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:56 pm
Posted by ColD on Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:56 pm
ColD Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:23 am
Posts: 5765
Location: Just Behind Parksides Club
Cokey wrote:
So was this unacceptable today?

To right it was.


We go and win the next game, if not we go and win the one after - not ideal but not out of it yet

Hock and Acton a big miss, and could even argue that Brown dropping out cost us the game

We've played worse this season without a doubt, don't think our discipline and retention was too bad

Onwards and upwards :thumb:
Onwards and upwards - LTID
Re: Now what
Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:35 am
Posted by Harold Rigby Jnr on Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:35 am
Harold Rigby Jnr User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 13th / 76,390

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 4:45 pm
Posts: 1879
Location: In't Tap Room
GUBRATS wrote:
The only thing unacceptable was us going for two when leading by 2 , stupid decision , you hand the opposition a huge amount of confidence


That was the correct decision.

We made one line break all game and if Lunt had not scored at the death that going for 2 would and should have seen us home.
Re: Now what
Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:55 am
Posted by Harold Rigby Jnr on Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:55 am
Harold Rigby Jnr User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 13th / 76,390

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 4:45 pm
Posts: 1879
Location: In't Tap Room
Now what? We go and beat Catalan that's what.

Some big decisions needed on team selection prior though.

Does Drinkwater keep his place on the back of today? He took a big hit off Scruton early doors. Not sure if that affected him but he simply was not at the races all afternoon. We have beat Warrington, Wigan, Hull, St.Helens and Huddersfield with Ben Reynolds at 6.

Does Liam Hood keep his place? Do we now need Pelissier to inject something extra with his pace around the ruck?

Is Cory Paterson still effective? Is it time to bring in Sam Hopkins offering some badly needed go forward?

Are both these wingers good enough? Does it now need a bold decision from Jukes to start James Clare in addition to Mitch Brown in Perpignon?

I feel we need fresh impetus. We got done over again at home by a side offering just one attacking threat in Sean Lunt but an abundance of sheer dogged determination, desire and motivation to win.
Re: Now what
Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:30 am
Posted by atomic on Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:30 am
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 13th / 76,390

Quiz Score: 72

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 4380
Yes H.Drinkwater was sat in the wings,never got involved with the game..Reynolds to replace

Hood none effective..Replace with Pelissier

Burr was too indisciplined..Replace with Hopkins

Paterson played for 10 minutes. Replace with (we don't have anyone)

Higson made two vital errors. The first I think 2nd play of the set of which i'm pretty sure he was trying to pass,The second see's him again strolling into the Centre position leaving the winger free.-Replace with Clare.

Got to the stage today were I felt there was only 10 players on the park.Three where on walkabout.
Image
Re: Now what
Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:11 am
Posted by Harry Stottle on Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:11 am
Harry Stottle Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:28 am
Posts: 109
In over 50 years watching the game i do not ever recall seeing a professional player who is as adept at making mistakes as Adam Higson, that being both in possession and defence, he is usually good for 2 to 3 a game, it is the nature of the man no amount of trying will ever improve him.
Re: Now what
Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:16 am
Posted by Harry Stottle on Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:16 am
Harry Stottle Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:28 am
Posts: 109
Harold Rigby Jnr wrote:
Now what? We go and beat Catalan that's what.

Some big decisions needed on team selection prior though.

Does Drinkwater keep his place on the back of today? He took a big hit off Scruton early doors. Not sure if that affected him but he simply was not at the races all afternoon. We have beat Warrington, Wigan, Hull, St.Helens and Huddersfield with Ben Reynolds at 6.

Does Liam Hood keep his place? Do we now need Pelissier to inject something extra with his pace around the ruck?

Is Cory Paterson still effective? Is it time to bring in Sam Hopkins offering some badly needed go forward?

Are both these wingers good enough? Does it now need a bold decision from Jukes to start James Clare in addition to Mitch Brown in Perpignon?

I feel we need fresh impetus. We got done over again at home by a side offering just one attacking threat in Sean Lunt but an abundance of sheer dogged determination, desire and motivation to win.


You fail to mention Glen Stewart in your summary Harold, I take it you must appreciate his contributions to the team?
Re: Now what
Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:38 am
Posted by propforward 2338 on Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:38 am
propforward 2338 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:52 pm
Posts: 723
Harold Rigby Jnr wrote:
That was the correct decision.

We made one line break all game and if Lunt had not scored at the death that going for 2 would and should have seen us home.

We should have taken 2 earlier on from a penalty.That would have least made kr not concede penalties for fun in the last few minutes..The older members on here will remember Murphys winning teams would take a drop goal score rather than come away empty handed
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: captaincaveman, Shifty Cat and 46 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Leigh Centurions





POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,669,97967076,3904,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sun 4th Feb 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LEIGH
v
TORONTO
Sun 11th Feb 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LEIGH
v
BATLEY BULLDOGS
Sun 18th Feb 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
BARROW RAIDERS
v
LEIGH
Sun 25th Feb 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LEIGH
v
TOULOUSE
Sun 4th Mar 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LEIGH
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sun 11th Mar 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
HALIFAX
v
LEIGH
Sun 25th Mar 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LEIGH
v
DEWSBURY RAMS
Fri 30th Mar 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
SWINTON LIONS
v
LEIGH
Mon 2nd Apr 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LEIGH
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 8th Apr 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LEIGH
v
ROCHDALE
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM