WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Ricky Wilby claims to have £5 million bond

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Ricky Wilby claims to have £5 million bond

Posted by Call Me God on Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:50 am
Call Me God User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 414
Rep Position: 1st / 77,341

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:14 am
Posts: 2378
..from 2 anonymous backers from NY and London as well as confirming that they will play out of the Red Bull Arena (which is in New Jersey BTW, not New York.)
Steve Mascord also tweets that they have letters of Intent from sponsors in the world of air travel and Hotels, with the Players for this pipe dream flying business class :lol:
2020 is when they expect to start and have budgeted for 5k games in year 1....

.....so this PE teacher and online brochure printer plans to have an 80% empty stadium, in a borough that isn't New York for a team called New York in a sport that most Americans have never heard of and he has £5,000,000 in backing.

February can't come too quickly :CRAZY: :CRAZY: :CRAZY: and remember, Brian Noble and David Argyle where already whinging about extra costs at the end of last season, so £5 million won't last long.
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:
Posted by ThePrinter on Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:25 am
ThePrinter Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 63
Rep Position: 47th / 77,341

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 10464
Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
We get it, you don’t want North American teams to succeed.
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
Posted by Call Me God on Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:44 am
Call Me God User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 414
Rep Position: 1st / 77,341

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:14 am
Posts: 2378
ThePrinter wrote:
We get it, you don’t want North American teams to succeed.

Not at all....... But there's no joined up thinking going on here...... Argyle has abandon developing Canadian players and this bloke has no Pedigree in anything about running a pro sports club let alone an expansion one as is shown by their supposed target of 5k fans in a 25k seat stadium......
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:
Posted by snowie on Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:52 am
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 108
Rep Position: 23rd / 77,341

Quiz Score: 232

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
Posts: 18455
Call Me God wrote:
Not at all....... But there's no joined up thinking going on here...... Argyle has abandon developing Canadian players and this bloke has no Pedigree in anything about running a pro sports club let alone an expansion one as is shown by their supposed target of 5k fans in a 25k seat stadium......
but according to your signature you don't need away fans so why have home ones
Posted by rollin thunder on Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:22 am
rollin thunder Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 102
Rep Position: 25th / 77,341

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:25 pm
Posts: 2743
Call Me God wrote:
..from 2 anonymous backers from NY and London as well as confirming that they will play out of the Red Bull Arena (which is in New Jersey BTW, not New York.)
Steve Mascord also tweets that they have letters of Intent from sponsors in the world of air travel and Hotels, with the Players for this pipe dream flying business class :lol:
2020 is when they expect to start and have budgeted for 5k games in year 1....

.....so this PE teacher and online brochure printer plans to have an 80% empty stadium, in a borough that isn't New York for a team called New York in a sport that most Americans have never heard of and he has £5,000,000 in backing.

February can't come too quickly :CRAZY: :CRAZY: :CRAZY: and remember, Brian Noble and David Argyle where already whinging about extra costs at the end of last season, so £5 million won't last long.

You do no new jersey is just the other side of the river, like over a couple of bridges, and millions live in that part of new jersey that makes up the New York metropolitan area,and commute to Manhattan daily, its just like north and south London, and the biggest fact of all, met life stadium home of the New York jets and giants is in new jersey. so whats your point.
Posted by Asgardian13 on Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:21 am
Asgardian13 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 36
Rep Position: 74th / 77,341

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:13 pm
Posts: 3501
Location: Northamptonshire
rollin thunder wrote:
You do no new jersey is just the other side of the river, like over a couple of bridges, and millions live in that part of new jersey that makes up the New York metropolitan area,and commute to Manhattan daily, its just like north and south London, and the biggest fact of all, met life stadium home of the New York jets and giants is in new jersey. so whats your point.

Indeed. New York is a state as well as a city, and the city of New York consists of the 'five boroughs' of Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island AND New Jersey.
Two Music Week Top 10s for Ryker Sear last year. Stand by for more in 2018
Posted by Uncle Rico on Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:31 am
Uncle Rico User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 86
Rep Position: 30th / 77,341

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:24 am
Posts: 3833
Location: Stuck in 1982
Asgardian13 wrote:
Indeed. New York is a state as well as a city, and the city of New York consists of the 'five boroughs' of Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island AND New Jersey.


Sorry but NJ isn't one of the 5 boroughs swap it for the Bronx
Posted by rollin thunder on Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:46 pm
rollin thunder Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 102
Rep Position: 25th / 77,341

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:25 pm
Posts: 2743
Uncle Rico wrote:
Sorry but NJ isn't one of the 5 boroughs swap it for the Bronx

Yes the bronx is the 5th, new jersey newark is one if new yoks airports.
New york is a bit like London where middlesex sussex kent all border the city if London and encrouch onto the greater London boroughs
Posted by LeythIg on Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:03 pm
LeythIg Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 47
Rep Position: 63rd / 77,341

Quiz Score: 16

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:09 pm
Posts: 2217
Location: Landan
Asgardian13 wrote:
Indeed. New York is a state as well as a city, and the city of New York consists of the 'five boroughs' of Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island AND New Jersey.


New Jersey is state. With Jersey city, NJ sat on the Hudson just opposite Manhattan.
Posted by the artist on Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:37 pm
the artist User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 20
Rep Position: 90th / 77,341

Quiz Score: 84

Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:40 pm
Posts: 6349
Location: At the cider bus, Worthy Farm, Somerset
if someone decided to build, say, wakefield a stadium 10 miles away from the city would it be the same issue?
Last edited by the artist on Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The referee's indecision is final
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 97 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Virtual Terrace

cron

POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,827,88970277,3414,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 31st Jan 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
ST. HELENS
Fri 1st Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
HULL FC
Fri 1st Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
HUDDERSFIELD
v
SALFORD
Fri 1st Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
CASTLEFORD
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Sat 2nd Feb 17:00
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sun 3rd Feb 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
TOULOUSE
Sun 3rd Feb 15:00
 CH
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
BARROW RAIDERS
Sun 3rd Feb 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sun 3rd Feb 15:00
 CH
ROCHDALE
v
DEWSBURY RAMS
Sun 3rd Feb 15:00
 CH
SHEFFIELD
v
SWINTON LIONS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






2