WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Please sign this petition, save Rugby League i our community

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Please sign this petition, save Rugby League i our community

Posted by fevfan76 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:28 am
fevfan76 User avatar
Strong-running second rower

Hi, please just take a few seconds to sign this petition if you would

Our local high school now Featherstone Academy part of the Rodillian Trust have decided to stop all rugby league in school and play Rugby Union.

This is not about what is best league or union (though we know league is :))it’s about the head of the school going against the whole history and culture of the community and not giving a poop.

This change could effect both the amateur and professional game in the town. Being a coach at Fev Lions myself I know how hard it is to get players down to the club already.

Another example of RU stifling growth in our game

https://www.change.org/p/featherstone-stop-featherstone-academy-from-breaking-tradition-and-changing-to-rugby-union-school
Posted by Ruune Rebellion on Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:04 pm
Ruune Rebellion Stevo's Armpit

How is it "another example of RU stifling growth in our game"?

You were quite happy for the school to stifle the growth of RU by not playing it in the school before now.
Tommy Makinson - Golden Boot Winner 2018

Tom Johnstone - Superleague fan site winger of the year as voted for by Wakefield fans
Posted by snowie on Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:09 pm
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,307

Quiz Score: 232

fevfan76 wrote:

Our local high school now Featherstone Academy part of the Rodillian Trust have decided to stop all rugby league in school and play Rugby Union.

This is not about what is best league or union (though we know league is :))it’s about the head of the school going against the whole history and culture of the community and not giving a poop.

This change could effect both the amateur and professional game in the town. Being a coach at Fev Lions myself I know how hard it is to get players down to the club already.

https://www.change.org/p/featherstone-stop-featherstone-academy-from-breaking-tradition-and-changing-to-rugby-union-school
has anyone questioned this on why they are likely to drop rugby league, could it be the teacher has no knowledge of the game,
I was luck enough to have a teacher who wasn't PE teacher but a craft teacher he took in on him self to teach after school, our PE teacher was more into athletics and gymnastics and cover the football side of it.
back when I was playing Eastmoor school was union and was poor at league when they played it
Posted by bramleyrhino on Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:31 pm
bramleyrhino User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 16th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

fevfan76 wrote:

As right as this petition is, one headteacher is not "an example of RU stifling the game". It's that sort of chippy attitude that does more harm than good for RL.
I wish everyone would read bramleyrhino's post two or three times just to get it through some thick skulls

Mr bramleyrhino speaks a lot of sense.

Jamie Jones-Buchanan wrote:
"I'd never forgive myself if a child of mine was born in Lancashire.
Posted by Him on Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:34 pm
Him User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

bramleyrhino wrote:
As right as this petition is, one headteacher is not "an example of RU stifling the game". It's that sort of chippy attitude that does more harm than good for RL.

I agree, though you have to wonder as to what reasoning could be behind the decision to entirely ditch RL at a school in a heavily RL-playing area.
Posted by fevfan76 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:05 pm
fevfan76 User avatar

bramleyrhino wrote:

Not just the head, the academy is part of the Rodillan trust. Are you really niave enough to think this doesn’t happy? The RU pumped lots of cash into schools in Newcastle over the past few years providing they stop playing RL just as the game was taking off up there.
Posted by vastman on Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:27 pm
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 81
Rep Position: 1st / 77,307

bramleyrhino wrote:

You just can't help being condecending can you - it's not 'chippy' it's sopt on but hey you and your ilk know best.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Posted by wrencat1873 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:50 pm
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 34
Rep Position: 5th / 77,307

fevfan76 wrote:

Has the academy recently joined the Rodillian Trust or have they been part of the same "family" for a while and is the Rodillian School a RU only situation ?

Like you I think it's shocking that any school, especially in Featherstone, should even consider dropping RL. Unbelievable.

I wopuld have thought that parent power could make them see sense here but you do have to wonder just why they are proposing the move away from League ??
Last edited by wrencat1873 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Posted by wakefieldwall on Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:31 pm
wakefieldwall Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,307

The Rodillian Trust is an arrogant and inherently corrupt organisation that care little for their pupils or staff. You have my extreme sympathies you've been lumbered with them running your school.

Any money the RFU have kicked their way will no doubt end up clearing the expenses of Andy Goulty for his hotel stays for the purpose of hanging out the back of the various staff members.

Apologies for the rant. I'll sign your petition.
What would a Cockney know about rugby league?
Posted by bramleyrhino on Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:35 pm
bramleyrhino User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 16th / 77,307

vastman wrote:
You just can't help being condecending can you - it's not 'chippy' it's sopt on but hey you and your ilk know best.

Just what is it with the beligerent attitude to anyone who have even the slightest disagreement with? What sort of kick do you get out of it?

And pray tell what "my ilk" is.
I wish everyone would read bramleyrhino's post two or three times just to get it through some thick skulls

Mr bramleyrhino speaks a lot of sense.

Jamie Jones-Buchanan wrote:
"I'd never forgive myself if a child of mine was born in Lancashire.
Next