WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Brian McDermott needs Toronto; Toronto needs Brian McDermott

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Brian McDermott needs Toronto; Toronto needs Brian McDermott

Posted by JEAN CAPDOUZE on Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:43 pm
JEAN CAPDOUZE User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 12
Rep Position: 23rd / 77,300

Quiz Score: 0

The appointment of Brian McDermott to Toronto would be a perfect match. The former coach of the USA rugby league team needs another north American challenge. Toronto needs his talent.

If McDermott is appointed at Toronto, then Toronto's promotion to Super League next September becomes a mere formality.
Toulouse for Championship in 2017, Super League in 2019!

Avignon for Championship in 2020, Super League in 2021!
Posted by Budgiezilla on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:08 pm
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 24
Rep Position: 11th / 77,300

Quiz Score: 224

I imagine he'd be interested in the vacancy (if there is one) but I guess he will have received other offers
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Posted by ThePrinter on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:28 pm
ThePrinter Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
Personally hope his next move is to write an autobiography telling his version of events at Headingley giving the unjust stick he got there from the rumours and gossips whilst always holding his own council and giving the correct answers & responses for his position at the club.

For a man who was often labelled as having an ego by some fans he’s gone away and not heard a peep from him in 4 months whilst the Saintly Sir Kevin has been have having slights digs at him in interviews after the propaganda job done in the As Good As It Gets film.
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
Posted by fun time frankie on Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:22 am
fun time frankie Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,300

ThePrinter wrote:
Personally hope his next move is to write an autobiography telling his version of events at Headingley giving the unjust stick he got there from the rumours and gossips whilst always holding his own council and giving the correct answers & responses for his position at the club.

For a man who was often labelled as having an ego by some fans he’s gone away and not heard a peep from him in 4 months whilst the Saintly Sir Kevin has been have having slights digs at him in interviews after the propaganda job done in the As Good As It Gets film.

I always found it odd the stick he got while winning grand finals year on year I know some said sinfield and co ran the team but I think this season just gone has put that myth to bed
einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result
Posted by ThePrinter on Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:08 am
ThePrinter Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
fun time frankie wrote:
I always found it odd the stick he got while winning grand finals year on year I know some said sinfield and co ran the team but I think this season just gone has put that myth to bed

People wrote him off early days and some could never admit they were wrong that’s why they had to come up with myths and rumours to explain our success.

Like I mentioned on another thread he wasn’t given much with the chequebook to replace key players and didn’t get a marquee signing in his 7 and a half years there. The stadium work is done and suddenly Dave Furner already has one marquee signing with another rumoured to be on his way and Furner hasn’t even arrived in the country. Best excuse some can come up with is that McDermott didn’t want to sign new and better players.
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
Posted by Pats plastic pitch on Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:18 am
Pats plastic pitch Stevo's Armpit

Get McDermott to Widnes. Leave the Moose lovers to throw Lacrosse sticks at each other.
Posted by Lebron James on Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:44 am
Lebron James Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Toronto should be doing all they can to entice him to be their next manager. He is exactly what they need to take them to the next level. If they cannot secure his services then they should be looking at Wayne bennett or Michael Maguire, both of whom are available.

Regards

King james
Superleague Titles
Warrington Wolfs - 0
Wakefield Trinity - 0
Leigh Centurions - 0

Budgiezilla wrote:
Surely it can only be a player from Catalans. Probably the best RL side I have ever witnessed in this season's comp.
Posted by TheUnassumingBadger on Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:47 am
TheUnassumingBadger User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Lebron James wrote:
Toronto should be doing all they can to entice him to be their next manager. He is exactly what they need to take them to the next level. If they cannot secure his services then they should be looking at Wayne bennett or Michael Maguire, both of whom are available.

Regards

King james

Wayne Bennett is contracted to the Brisbane Broncos for 2019.
Posted by Lebron James on Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:50 am
Lebron James Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

TheUnassumingBadger wrote:
Wayne Bennett is contracted to the Brisbane Broncos for 2019.

My apologies. You are correct. Maybe thats why hes turned down wests because he fancies Toronto in 2020?

Regards

King James
Superleague Titles
Warrington Wolfs - 0
Wakefield Trinity - 0
Leigh Centurions - 0

Budgiezilla wrote:
Surely it can only be a player from Catalans. Probably the best RL side I have ever witnessed in this season's comp.
Posted by TheUnassumingBadger on Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:59 am
TheUnassumingBadger User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

It looks right up McDermott's street, at Leeds he had a special group of players with a mentality and ruthlessness that meant they were almost unbeatable in big matches. Required no coaching.

At Toronto he will have a squad of players which are better than everyone else in the league. Requires no coaching.
Next