WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - NRL Grand Final - Roosters v. Storm - Contains Spoilers

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace NRL Grand Final - Roosters v. Storm - Contains Spoilers

Posted by RLFANS News Hound on Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:32 am

Reputation Points: 28
Rep Position: 77th / 77,338

Quiz Score: 0

NRL Grand Final - Roosters v. Storm - Contains Spoilers

The near sell-out 83,500 capacity ANZ Stadium in Sydney was the focus as the top two teams it the NRL competition, minor premiers Sydney Rooster took on the runners-up, Melbourne Storm, in the 2018 Grand Final. The first time that these two sides had met in a Grand Final.
The two sides met just once during the reguar season, the Storm winning by  9-8 in late June thanks to a Cameron Smith drop goal with two minutes remaining, but the Roosters were boosted by the inclusion on Cooper Cronk who had been a major doubt.
The Roosters were slight favourites with the bookies, but there was very little in it, the stage was set for a sensational finale to the Australian season.
READ MORE ON THIS STORY...
RLFANS.COM news items are posted in forums where it is thought that they will be of interest to the readership, all comments made below will also be available for viewing through the front page.
Posted by Charlie Sheen on Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:25 pm
Charlie Sheen User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 38
Rep Position: 67th / 77,338

Glad the Roosters won, Slater shouldn't even have been playing.
King Monkey wrote:
Maybe a spell in prison would do Graham good.

At least he'd lose his virginity.
Posted by Psychedelic Casual on Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:43 pm
Psychedelic Casual Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 142
Rep Position: 14th / 77,338

A bit of a disappointing game, or should I say a bobbins effort by Melbourne not turning up to the final. I can’t say I’m bothered as I don’t like Bellamy and his ethos - over the years we’ve seen purposely slow rucks slowing the game down making the game less good to watch, third man in at the joints, chicken wings, swearing at the officials...

Fair play to Sydney they completely outplayed them. Cronk played with a broken scapula, fair loves to him! Their defence was stifling. Their attack was clinical in the first half.
--- ¡ We are Wire ! ---
Posted by Cronus on Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:29 pm
Cronus User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 24
Rep Position: 81st / 77,338

Quiz Score: 12

Great result, enjoyed the game - nothing better than seeing the grubs Slater & Smith having their arris handed to them. Slater shouldn't have even been playing, but ultimately he was pretty anonymous.

Sydney didn't give Souths an inch in the semi and did it again to Storm today. Tremendous defence - as they say, that's what wins games.

Whoever plays them in the WCC needs to be at their very best or they could easily be nilled.
Posted by the artist on Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:17 pm
the artist User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 86th / 77,338

Quiz Score: 84

Almost perfect first half from the Roosters and played a containing game in the second - the league's best defensive team was never going to give up an 18 points lead. disappointed in Munster a kick to the head however its done should be a send off, only one sending off in the nrl this season, you have to practically assault someone to be sent off in that league.
The referee's indecision is final
Posted by Trainman on Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:22 pm
Trainman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 31
Rep Position: 74th / 77,338

the artist wrote:
Almost perfect first half from the Roosters and played a containing game in the second - the league's best defensive team was never going to give up an 18 points lead. disappointed in Munster a kick to the head however its done should be a send off, only one sending off in the nrl this season, you have to practically assault someone to be sent off in that league.

I thought the ref made the right call at the end. A sin bin was as good as a send off at that point, the disciplinary can make their call as to what further punishment he gets. Speaking of sin bins I can’t beleive Slater didn’t get one after shouting directly to the refs face ‘use your effing brain’.

As for the game itself a dominant display by the roosters with 12 & 1/2 players on the pitch.
Posted by the artist on Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:28 pm
the artist User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 86th / 77,338

Quiz Score: 84

Trainman wrote:
I thought the ref made the right call at the end. A sin bin was as good as a send off at that point, the disciplinary can make their call as to what further punishment he gets. Speaking of sin bins I can’t beleive Slater didn’t get one after shouting directly to the refs face ‘use your effing brain’.

As for the game itself a dominant display by the roosters with 12 & 1/2 players on the pitch.

the refs seemed to adopt a policy of letting the players have their say, as if they accepted it was a big game and emotions and passion were running high. have to say i thought the refereeing was superb in this game - amongst the best i have seen

the game was also the perfect illustration of how a dominant pack can give your halves (or half in the roosters case) vital time to control the game. for the storm they were beaten in the forwards and munster barely had a chance, croft was anonymous.

finally kudos to victor radley, he's going to be a future mainstay of the aussie team for many years to come
The referee's indecision is final
Posted by Psychedelic Casual on Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:53 pm
Psychedelic Casual Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 142
Rep Position: 14th / 77,338

the artist wrote:
the refs seemed to adopt a policy of letting the players have their say, as if they accepted it was a big game and emotions and passion were running high. have to say i thought the refereeing was superb in this game - amongst the best i have seen

the game was also the perfect illustration of how a dominant pack can give your halves (or half in the roosters case) vital time to control the game. for the storm they were beaten in the forwards and munster barely had a chance, croft was anonymous.

finally kudos to victor radley, he's going to be a future mainstay of the aussie team for many years to come

England!

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... bd4ed8e67f
--- ¡ We are Wire ! ---
Posted by INKERS75 on Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:35 pm
INKERS75 User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 103rd / 77,338

Roosters defence was outstanding. Glad to see Storm lose.
Posted by Charlie Sheen on Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:36 pm
Charlie Sheen User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 38
Rep Position: 67th / 77,338

Can you copy and paste the article?
King Monkey wrote:
Maybe a spell in prison would do Graham good.

At least he'd lose his virginity.
Next