WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - GAME ON : Warrington Wolves v St. Helens - 15:15:00

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace GAME ON : Warrington Wolves v St. Helens - 15:15:00

Posted by Marvin on Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:30 am
Marvin User avatar
ADMIN
ADMIN

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,258

Quiz Score: 0

Location: "Don't pretend you want to talk to me, I know you hate me."
GAME ON : Warrington Wolves v St. Helens - 15:15:00

GENERAL CHAT ABOUT THE GAME, BUILD UP, THE ACTION AS IT HAPPENS AND AFTERMATH BELOW.
"You think you've got problems, what are you supposed to do if you're a manically depressed robot? No, don't bother to answer that, I'm fifty thousand times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the answer. It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level."
Posted by Wigg'n on Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:52 pm
Wigg'n Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 22nd / 77,258

Quiz Score: 80

Why does Atkins always celebrate tries he didn’t score? Nob.
Posted by Trainman on Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:52 pm
Trainman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Getting a bit tasty for a dead rubber. I dont think there was much in the challenge from Lees. A penalty is fair enough but no malice in it imo. When the video is reviewed one or two may get bans for punching though.
Posted by Lebron James on Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:55 pm
Lebron James Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 12
Rep Position: 23rd / 77,258

Easy win. I don’t care what the wolfs fans say, no team goes out there with the intention of not really playing, especially at home. Outclassed everywhere. Lees is gonna have full pockets on his way home with all of warringtons pack in them

Regards

King James
Superleague Titles
Warrington Wolfs - 0
Wakefield Trinity - 0
Leigh Centurions - 0

Budgiezilla wrote:
Surely it can only be a player from Catalans. Probably the best RL side I have ever witnessed in this season's comp.
Posted by silver2 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:29 pm
silver2 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,258

Trainman wrote:
Getting a bit tasty for a dead rubber. I dont think there was much in the challenge from Lees. A penalty is fair enough but no malice in it imo. When the video is reviewed one or two may get bans for punching though.

Nevertheless, it was reckless and if he played for Warrington it would be a 3-5 match ban.
Posted by silver2 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:31 pm
silver2 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Lebron James wrote:
Easy win. I don’t care what the wolfs fans say, no team goes out there with the intention of not really playing, especially at home. Outclassed everywhere. Lees is gonna have full pockets on his way home with all of warringtons pack in them

Regards

King James

What would you expect? You've got a better team and your supporters are better looking and more intelligent than us.
Posted by Cronus on Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:32 pm
Cronus User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,258

Quiz Score: 12

Trainman wrote:

He'll get a few games for that I reckon.

Intent plays a part but so does the player's responsibility to the opponent and point of impact. You can't come in like that and smash your knee into a players head/neck, intent or not. Using knees is a big no-no, dangerous contact to the head/neck is a massive no-no.

Still, spiced things up for a while. :)
Posted by Lebron James on Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:51 pm
Lebron James Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 12
Rep Position: 23rd / 77,258

Nothing in it. Wasn’t intentional. Westwood’s was worse, deliberately attaching the Knees. I expect that from him though. Made a career out of being a grub. Except against Castleford of course

Regards

King James
Superleague Titles
Warrington Wolfs - 0
Wakefield Trinity - 0
Leigh Centurions - 0

Budgiezilla wrote:
Surely it can only be a player from Catalans. Probably the best RL side I have ever witnessed in this season's comp.
Posted by silver2 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:04 pm
silver2 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Lebron James wrote:
Nothing in it. Wasn’t intentional. Westwood’s was worse, deliberately attaching the Knees. I expect that from him though. Made a career out of being a grub. Except against Castleford of course

Regards

King James

As Tom Lineham found out, it doesn't matter whether it was deliberate or not, the key word is "reckless" and if you're a Warrington player that can result in a 3-5 match ban.
Posted by Saddened! on Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:43 pm
Saddened! User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Cronus wrote:
He'll get a few games for that I reckon.

Intent plays a part but so does the player's responsibility to the opponent and point of impact. You can't come in like that and smash your knee into a players head/neck, intent or not. Using knees is a big no-no, dangerous contact to the head/neck is a massive no-no.

Still, spiced things up for a while. :)

He didn't do anything wrong. He's running into smash him with a big and perfectly pegal hit and he's tackled and falls. How can he predict that? Are you seriously saying players can't move forward or stand in front of the ball carrier now in case the ball carrier falls and hits his head on them?

Worst challenge in the game was Mike Cooper on Bentley.
Next