WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Strong Leadership shown by those that run the game

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Strong Leadership shown by those that run the game

Posted by Call Me God on Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:23 am
Call Me God User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 53
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,258

Quiz Score: 0

....Fixtures changed to suit SKY at a few days notice......we really are a laughing stock of a sport
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:
Posted by reffy on Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:10 am
reffy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,258

Quiz Score: 40

The hand that feeds you can do what it wants, unfortunately.
Posted by Someday on Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:33 am
Someday Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,258

Call Me God wrote:
....Fixtures changed to suit SKY at a few days notice......we really are a laughing stock of a sport

It is nothing new they always do it to suit what they want and he who pays the piper calls the tune or so the old saying says
Posted by Mr Dog on Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:29 am
Mr Dog Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Last week Mr Carter tweeted that one of the main reasons he was voting to scrap the 8s was so that his club's fixtures were set in stone at the start of the season. I assume that in the furture when Sky come calling he will be telling them to go swivel.....?
Posted by King Street Cat on Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:34 am
King Street Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 21
Rep Position: 14th / 77,258

Quiz Score: 268

Mr Dog wrote:
Last week Mr Carter tweeted that one of the main reasons he was voting to scrap the 8s was so that his club's fixtures were set in stone at the start of the season. I assume that in the furture when Sky come calling he will be telling them to go swivel.....?

Rumour has it that at one of the televised games a few weeks ago, Michael Carter told Sky that there was going to be a 1 minute silence in remembrance of Harold Poynton. Sky told him that there wasn't time for it as it had not been accounted for in the schedule. Michael replied by saying if there was no 1 minute silence, Sky wouldn't be filming the game.
"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."
Posted by wakefieldwall on Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:28 pm
wakefieldwall Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,258

King Street Cat wrote:
Rumour has it that at one of the televised games a few weeks ago, Michael Carter told Sky that there was going to be a 1 minute silence in remembrance of Harold Poynton. Sky told him that there wasn't time for it as it had not been accounted for in the schedule. Michael replied by saying if there was no 1 minute silence, Sky wouldn't be filming the game.

:CLAP:
What would a Cockney know about rugby league?
Posted by Mr Dog on Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:10 pm
Mr Dog Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

King Street Cat wrote:

Ah, rumour, not fact? And not quite the same as changing dates. Anyway, I eagerly await not seeing Wakefield's published fixture list altered at any point during next season for TV or anything else and more so the fall out when he does tell Sky to swivel......
Posted by shinymcshine on Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:38 pm
shinymcshine Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,258

Every year someone blames Sky for ruining the fixture list, and every year I still feel a need to remind people:

Sky just put the deal on the table, it was the club chairman who agreed to accept it.
Posted by ThePrinter on Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:37 pm
ThePrinter Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
Call Me God wrote:

Why? Because fixtures change because of tv, yeah like that doesn’t happen in other sports. Happens plenty in football.
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
Posted by ThePrinter on Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:39 pm
ThePrinter Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
Mr Dog wrote:
Ah, rumour, not fact? And not quite the same as changing dates. Anyway, I eagerly await not seeing Wakefield's published fixture list altered at any point during next season for TV or anything else and more so the fall out when he does tell Sky to swivel......

Yep, if that story is true can just see Sky not being in any rush to show them again and then Carter and Wakey will complain they aren’t on Sky.
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
Next