WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - GAME ON : Castleford Tigers v Leeds Rhinos - 18:00:00

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace & RLWC2017 GAME ON : Castleford Tigers v Leeds Rhinos - 18:00:00

Post Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:30 am
Marvin User avatar
ADMIN
ADMIN

Location: "Don't pretend you want to talk to me, I know you hate me."
GAME ON : Castleford Tigers v Leeds Rhinos - 18:00:00

GENERAL CHAT ABOUT THE GAME, BUILD UP, THE ACTION AS IT HAPPENS AND AFTERMATH BELOW.
"You think you've got problems, what are you supposed to do if you're a manically depressed robot? No, don't bother to answer that, I'm fifty thousand times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the answer. It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level."
Post Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:39 am
duke street 10 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Hope we win, it would be great to have a different winner and would enjoy more additions to the "McDermott must go" thread after the loss :wink:
Post Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:50 pm
TheUnassumingBadger User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

I will be hoping for a Cas win and I hope their philosophy and style of Football really does become the blueprint for the British game.

The distraction of Hardaker and the weather make me lean towards Leeds if I was making an objective call.
Post Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:21 pm
The Devil's Advocate User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I'm looking forward to the game, hopefully it will go down to the wire.

As to who I'd like to win, it's a bit like my wife asking me if I'd like French or English mustard on a beef sandwich.

I should look at it rationally really & say Cas, but as "Moz" said

"We hate it when our friends become successful
And if they're Northern, that makes it even worse"

As to Leeds, it reminds me of an old Rocky movie with Cas putting them on the canvas time & time again, but have they got it in them to get back up this time?

Decisions, decisions, one set of fans seeking the ultimate high, the other chasing the original high, a bit like a smack-head. Either way, one lot will be insufferable if they win, whereas the other lot will be as insufferable as ever if they do.
"What year is this?"
Post Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:33 pm
wrencat1873 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

The Devil's Advocate wrote:

As to who I'd like to win, it's a bit like my wife asking me if I'd like French or English mustard on a beef sandwich.

As to Leeds, it reminds me of an old Rocky movie with Cas putting them on the canvas time & time again, but have they got it in them to get back up this time?

Decisions, decisions, one set of fans seeking the ultimate high, the other chasing the original high, a bit like a smack-head. Either way, one lot will be insufferable if they win, whereas the other lot will be as insufferable as ever if they do.

That is possibly the best post on RL fans this year, love it :BOW: :BOW:
Post Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:34 pm
TheUnassumingBadger User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

The Devil's Advocate wrote:

Perhaps you should spend the day in bed.
Post Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:09 pm
Psychedelic Casual Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Coming from the West side of the Pennines in Manchester I have no allegiance or hate for either side tonight really. I just want to see a game that promotes the sport really well.

There are good backstories to the game.

Cas never having been champions before, taking the league by storm this year, with a MOS coming back from an operation last month, almost blowing the semi which they eventually won in hugely dramatic fashion but then lose their star player in amazingly stupid news; against a team who’ve won more trophies in the last dozen years than anyone, who’ve got two club legends leaving, who’ve just plodded along all season quietly but still finished second and were absolutely brilliant in the semi final last week, it’s October, it’s raining, it’s Old Trafford...

And it’s a derby!

Let’s hope it lives up to the drama of the backstory... come on RUGBY LEAGUE!
--- ¡ We are Wire ! ---
Post Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:29 pm
Wigg'n Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Is Gale playing?
Post Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:35 pm
puroresu_boy Stevo's Armpit

Cas dont look the same. Well done Zak
Post Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:37 pm
Orrell Lad User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Leeds in full control so far, shwowing their champion pedigree. Cas could do with a try before HT.
21 - 19 - 4

Warrington led 16-2 in Saturday's Grand Final, but their joy was short-lived as Wigan roared back to win the Super League title and extend the Wire's 58-year wait to be champions

Swearing harms children
Next