WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - GAME ON : Hull FC v Wakefield Trinity - 20:00:00

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace GAME ON : Hull FC v Wakefield Trinity - 20:00:00

GAME ON : Hull FC v Wakefield Trinity - 20:00:00
Post Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:30 am
Marvin User avatar
ADMIN
ADMIN

Location: "Don't pretend you want to talk to me, I know you hate me."
GAME ON : Hull FC v Wakefield Trinity - 20:00:00

GENERAL CHAT ABOUT THE GAME, BUILD UP, THE ACTION AS IT HAPPENS AND AFTERMATH BELOW.
"You think you've got problems, what are you supposed to do if you're a manically depressed robot? No, don't bother to answer that, I'm fifty thousand times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the answer. It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level."
Post Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:23 am
tigersteve User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Im looking forward to this one, 2 good teams about to tear strips off each other in what will hopefully be a cracking game of rugby.
Tigers for life!!! Not Just for Superleague!!!
Post Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:29 am
LifeLongHKRFan User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Can only see a Hull win imo. They may have lost the last 2 but they've played well in those defeats.
Post Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:49 am
Lebron James Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Hull easily.

Regards

King James
Post Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:20 pm
brearley84 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

hull win

fonua diving around on the floor dropping the ball and conning/begging the ref for a penalty

grix to miss a tackle one on one or make his usual big mistake
HUDDERSFIELD
-
THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE
Post Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:22 pm
wrencat1873 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Lebron James wrote:
Hull easily.

Regards

King James

Interesting.
The bookies have it as an 8 point game, not exactly easy.
No doubt Hull should be favourites as they have home advantage and I really hope that all of their players believe that it will be an easy game.
Trinity are always at their best with the underdog tag and we wouldn't have it any other way.

The game is set up really well, with both sides needing a win to pro-long their season.
Should be a good watch.
Post Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:23 pm
Wildcat26 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

brearley84 wrote:
hull win

fonua diving around on the floor dropping the ball and conning/begging the ref for a penalty

He has made one big mistake all season for us. Probably been one of the safest, if not the safest FB in SL this season.

Anyway, It`s definitely an up hill battle for Wakefield at Hull tonight, depends which side turns up I think, hoping the weather is fine and we can play our usual expansive game and hopefully beat Hull with the one thing I think we have on them - PACE!

Not an all or nothing game, but can only think whoever loses tonight will probably miss out on the top 4 (Depending on how Wigan fair up this weekend).Whatever the result I will be there giving my team the support they deserve after a great season.
Post Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:55 pm
craig hkr Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

brearley84 wrote:
hull win

Probably accurate prediction. Fonua thrashing around soccer style seems to go unnoticed by the black n white army.He is the worst in the league closely followed by the other winger.Several players in the league try this tactic but Fonua wants a penalty every tackle.Also if game going badly Taylor goes head hunting, thankfully he's missed so far.
As for Grix he reminds me a little of Craig Hall,splits opinion in the stands.Can do world class play then make a howler. I like him as a player but is this Jowitt kid more consistent?Iv not seen enough of him to comment really?
Post Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:43 pm
Egg Banjo User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

craig hkr wrote:
Probably accurate prediction. Fonua thrashing around soccer style seems to go unnoticed by the black n white army.He is the worst in the league closely followed by the other winger.Several players in the league try this tactic but Fonua wants a penalty every tackle.Also if game going badly Taylor goes head hunting, thankfully he's missed so far.
As for Grix he reminds me a little of Craig Hall,splits opinion in the stands.Can do world class play then make a howler. I like him as a player but is this Jowitt kid more consistent?Iv not seen enough of him to comment really?

Jowitt is great, but is still only young and is being given the opportunity to learn both in training from Grix and in championship games. He'll have a big future ahead of him at Trinity, just as the other winners of the Rookie of the Year have at their clubs
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
Post Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:46 pm
Wildcat26 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

craig hkr wrote:

The Jowitt/Grix has split a lot of our own fans all season and with the season Grix has had compared to the season Hall had with us I would put them worlds apart in terms of the type of players they are.

Grix has been Mr consistent for us this season, nothing glamorous but puts in the work and fits in with our attacking line, a lot of heart and a great work ethic. Everytime the ball went up for the first few games of the season I cringed thinking he would drop the ball but that seems to be the Grix of old as he has shown this season.

Think referees over the past few weeks have knuckled down on the players that are throwing themselves on the floor at every play of the ball - has BDs rant had an impact do we think?
Next