WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - GAME ON : Wigan Warriors v Salford Reds Devils - 20:00:00

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace GAME ON : Wigan Warriors v Salford Reds Devils - 20:00:00

Posted by Marvin on Fri May 05, 2017 10:30 am
Marvin User avatar
ADMIN
ADMIN

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 13th / 76,383

Quiz Score: 0

Location: "Don't pretend you want to talk to me, I know you hate me."
GAME ON : Wigan Warriors v Salford Reds Devils - 20:00:00

GENERAL CHAT ABOUT THE GAME, BUILD UP, THE ACTION AS IT HAPPENS AND AFTERMATH BELOW.
"You think you've got problems, what are you supposed to do if you're a manically depressed robot? No, don't bother to answer that, I'm fifty thousand times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the answer. It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level."
Posted by JEAN CAPDOUZE on Fri May 05, 2017 10:23 pm
JEAN CAPDOUZE User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

In the absence of the injured French full back, Morgan Escare, and injured English stand off George Williams, plus English captain Sean O'Loughlin, Wigan really had little chance of winning.
Toulouse for Championship in 2017, Super League in 2019!

Avignon for Championship in 2020, Super League in 2021!
Posted by TheButcher on Fri May 05, 2017 11:33 pm
TheButcher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

This is RL Jean. Surely by now you would realise that what it boils down to is how committed and enthusiastic the 17 you field is? Of all sports, RL is the hardest to predict for a reason. That reason is that the game is more dependent on contribution than reputation. If you were honest in your appraisal you would have added that Salford were without a number of first team choices but still beat Wigan. Wigan's absences certainly helped Salford, but don't make it out like that was the only story.
...Diagnosing SBD (Sporting Bipolar Disorder) since 2003...
Negs bringing down the tone of your forum? Keyboard Bell-endery tiresome? Embarrassed by some of your own fans?
Then you need...
TheButcher
I must be STOPPED!!
Vice Chairman of The Scarlet Turkey Clique
Grand Wizard Shill of Nibiru Prime & Dark Globe Champion
Chairman of 'The Neil Barker School for gifted Clowns'
"A Local Forum. For Local People"
Posted by Budgiezilla on Sat May 06, 2017 12:40 am
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

TheButcher wrote:
This is RL Jean. Surely by now you would realise that what it boils down to is how committed and enthusiastic the 17 you field is? Of all sports, RL is the hardest to predict for a reason. That reason is that the game is more dependent on contribution than reputation. If you were honest in your appraisal you would have added that Salford were without a number of first team choices but still beat Wigan. Wigan's absences certainly helped Salford, but don't make it out like that was the only story.

What a ridiculous post, did you actually see the Wigan team ? (p.s. I am a Leigh fan) Only regulars they had were Burgess, Isa, Farrell, & Joel Tomkins.
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Posted by TheButcher on Sat May 06, 2017 12:53 am
TheButcher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

We were missing Hauraki, Carney, Carney, Mossop, Flannagan, Sau. O'Brien and Koppy were last minute into the team after knocks. While Wigan were certainly without a lot of first choices, so were we. Home advantage and their famous strength of squad surely counts for something?

What do i care, two points is two points eh?

:)
...Diagnosing SBD (Sporting Bipolar Disorder) since 2003...
Negs bringing down the tone of your forum? Keyboard Bell-endery tiresome? Embarrassed by some of your own fans?
Then you need...
TheButcher
I must be STOPPED!!
Vice Chairman of The Scarlet Turkey Clique
Grand Wizard Shill of Nibiru Prime & Dark Globe Champion
Chairman of 'The Neil Barker School for gifted Clowns'
"A Local Forum. For Local People"
Posted by SaleSlim on Sat May 06, 2017 2:57 am
SaleSlim Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I'd save your breath Butch, there won"t be any compliments for Salford on this thread. :lol: To quote Jim Royle, "I couldn't give a shiny poop" about Wigan's injuries. We've had more than our share of injuries this season and on previous visits to the DW when we've been spanked so no sympathy from me. At the end of the season all that will show is the 2 points in the win column.

And when a Leyther comes on posting in defence of Wigan then you know you're in trouble!! :lol:
Posted by Red-4-life on Sat May 06, 2017 8:23 am
Red-4-life Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

We had 14+ players of our own out injured at one point two seasons ago but nobody cared about that did they. People actually laughing at us got celebrating beating Wigan away for the first time in 20 years and being second in the table. No wonder people don't watch our sport.
Posted by GUBRATS on Sat May 06, 2017 8:38 am
GUBRATS User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

TheButcher wrote:
We were missing Hauraki, Carney, Carney, Mossop, Flannagan, Sau. O'Brien and Koppy were last minute into the team after knocks. While Wigan were certainly without a lot of first choices, so were we. Home advantage and their famous strength of squad surely counts for something?

What do i care, two points is two points eh?

:)

If you'd had those 6 missing against us I'm fairly sure we'd have beaten you at the HJ Bell
snaivooladniv eht fo thgim eht eraweb
Posted by SaleSlim on Sat May 06, 2017 1:13 pm
SaleSlim Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

GUBRATS wrote:
If you'd had those 6 missing against us I'm fairly sure we'd have beaten you at the HJ Bell

Don't recall that game. :? Was that played somewhere halfway between Barton & Warrington? :wink:
Posted by GUBRATS on Sat May 06, 2017 2:08 pm
GUBRATS User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

SaleSlim wrote:
Don't recall that game. :? Was that played somewhere halfway between Barton & Warrington? :wink:

I knew when posting that I'd got summat wrong :D
snaivooladniv eht fo thgim eht eraweb
Next